Notices

quite a fantasic quote... by who?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 07:18 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonster
Hmmm . . . E.T. (Eileen Thomas, the gal in the photo), is what we call a 'moving chicane.'

I kind of suspected that was the case, but did not want to assume.

BTW... I don't want to get the idea I don't respect Eileen, in our 944 spec class we have some slower drivers as well. I personally don't think any less of them as long as I know they are giving all they can or risking all they choose to risk. If they are just having fun I am quite happy with that! Not everyone can be fast, but want everyone to at least be having fun.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:28 PM
jester911
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The big difference with Eileen and Orange-haired wonder is that she isn't on every board she can get on bragging that she is going pro any day now.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:30 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jester911
The big difference with Eileen and Orange-haired wonder is that she isn't on every board she can get on bragging that she is going pro any day now.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

BTW, if Barry Hartzell's car hadn't broke, you would have been third. Barry would have easily gotten first, as his average lap times with the bypass are somewhere around 2:08.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

You are right about E.T. (we don't call her Eileen) . . . she is very proud, but she doesn't go advertising her wins or losses. And she has driven a LOT more races than Frank, or even myself. There was a time there where she was at every NASA race in our region! I mean EVERY race. She was like clockwork that way back in 2003-2005. Sadly, she has dropped from the scene, mostly due to financial problems. The little girl standing next to her is Katie (last name withheld for obvious reasons). Katie's mommy works on the fire rescue crew (Anissa), and is also a close friend of E.T.'s. We are like a big family in NASA -- everybody pretty much knows everybody. And no, I didn't see any kind of disrespect in your post in regard to E.T.. She is a champion in our hearts, even if she is slow most days. The great thing about her is that until recently, she was an avid supporter of motorsports and she never gave up on trying to win -- and she has won, actually, many times. I think she was even the season points leader one season (mostly because, like I said, she showed up to EVERY race), though most of the time she places third or less. She went from a high-paying executive job to racing and putting on a race school at Reno-Fernley. Sadly, the school went down the tubes due to lack of participants.

So yeah, you guys would love E.T.. She has a lot of fire in her and when fed alcohol, she's one of the funniest people I know.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So, another load of GhettoChicken's Chicken Sh*t dispensed with. He could finish first in a fertilizer competition if he only realized the one thing he is good at! He knows no shame posting "results" and pictures like that. WHAT A LOSER!

And I hope Eileen T. keeps at it, and sees more podiums with the grandkids, and keeps on smiling....she deserves it.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Yeah, Bob, I hope E.T. will get back into racing too. Given her financial stress, I wouldn't be surprised if she had to sell her racecar. The staff at Reno-Fernley was asking about her yesterday. They haven't heard from her in at least a year. Bummer -- we need someone to make the E.T. margaritas at the NASA paddock parties.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:08 PM
jester911
Drifting

That's a great story about Eileen. It is awesome that she was at least able to follow her dream for a while. Hopefully she will be able to come back.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Margaritas? At every event you put on???? Hmmm, sent me your schedule, I'll be the large guy in the sombrero....
Old 06-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Lol, Bob. No, not at my events -- I was referring to the NASA events. E.T. has only attended one T.E.A.M. Racing event, but she wasn't serving up her delicious mararitas at the track. She had them in her motel room, though. I don't usually like margaritas, but she does make a mean one. If you make a trek out this way to one of T.E.A.M.'s events, however, I will certainly buy you a drink (as long as it's okay with your wife, lol).
Old 06-26-2007, 01:21 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Why would he bother showing up? You won't.

Money talks
Bull**** walks
Ghetto balks
Chicken squawks
Are you speaking for someone else or did you just confirm you will be attending GCC07? If you're not coming, STFU you CHIcken ***.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:29 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by M758
I checked the results on My laps.

Guess what. Frankie did come in 2nd place. 6 cars finished too. 10 seconds behind the leader, but he did finish in 2nd.

http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=247372

Ok,
So that is what 2 races in 4 years. Oh and before you go saying what about saturday's race...

You got DQ'ed for that one hot shot.

http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=247369

Do you know what is even more strange...
Fast Lap on Sunday with your 2nd place...
You! With a 2:13.480 Wow..
3rd Place Elieen Ran a 2:14.314

Dang you look wonderfull. That is until you look at Saturday's times.

Fast Lap for the Saturday's race
Class Winner = 2:07.643
Your's 2:12.449
Eileen Thomas (the gal you beat on sunday) = 2:13.462 (came in 5th of 5 cars)
Dude that is amazing running 5 second off the pace.

How did that happen? Hmm Seems like all the fast guys packed up and left.

*shrug*. I had just picked up the car like the night before. 4 mis matched rim/tires dating 2003-04 and heat cycled to death and on last legs. I got DQ'ed on Sat because I came in 14 lbs underweight after the race otherwise I think I was 3rd. I started LAST on both races.

Anyone who races in Spec Miata could tell you car prep is extremely important. Barry is an AWESOME driver and his cars are also very well prepped. It is no surprised that he smoke myself (any pretty much everyone else too). Everybody else had plenty of seat time in SM... I think I did did just fine for my 2nd weekend in SM.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:32 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

see how worn the front tire is? i got 3 sets of rims from the previous owner and actually, 8 rims are bent! 7 had flat spotted tires... that's what I get for buying a former rental i guess. lol.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:33 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer

*shrug*. I had just picked up the car like the night before. 4 mis matched rim/tires dating 2003-04 and heat cycled to death and on last legs. I got DQ'ed on Sat because I came in 14 lbs underweight after the race otherwise I think I was 3rd. I started LAST on both races.

Anyone who races in Spec Miata could tell you car prep is extremely important. Barry is an AWESOME driver and his cars are also very well prepped. It is no surprised that he smoke myself (any pretty much everyone else too). Everybody else had plenty of seat time in SM... I think I did did just fine for my 2nd weekend in SM.
That is an impressive array of excuses for the future presidential pro driver of Taiwan.

I wonder how King Leh would have done under those circumstances?
Old 06-26-2007, 01:34 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
Are you speaking for someone else or did you just confirm you will be attending GCC07? If you're not coming, STFU you CHIcken ***.
No, fart bubble brain you're supposed to be racing Jim and me in PCA F class. Did you forget that, or are you running and hiding again chickenSquawker?

(By the way, do I get a quarterly dividend for owning you?)

Quick Reply: quite a fantasic quote... by who?