Notices

The WRX Frank ran at Redline that was mostly 'stock'

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 01:35 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LoanWolf
as far as Frankie comments: who cares, I don't think his trophy shelves are more crowded than mine
Sure they are. They are jammed with participation ribbons.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol Mark. Maybe he keeps his event bracelets, too? I still have mine from PIR, actually. But that was a special race.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:55 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Bonster
Lots of reasons, Frank. First and foremost, at least at this time, is I make several trips to Florida to visit my boyfriend. I usually stay for about three weeks. I'll be missing two races while I am there later this month, but I get to go to Sebring again (borrowing a car) the first weekend of May. Second, I chose my dates for T.E.A.M. Racing way back in November for the year -- before I saw the race schedule. Therefore, this year I will miss a couple of races because I will obviously be at my own events. Right now I'm waiting to put in a bunch of new parts, which I waited to long to order (doh!). I haven't got my annual check yet, so I might wind up missing next weekend's race. So the reason I have not done a complete season is that I have other committments, and I procrastinate. And honestly, I'm not competitive enough to beat some of these guys, so why bother worrying about making every race? I guess I'm not quite that committed. That's fine -- I'm having fun, and that's the most important thing.
Excuses excuses... haha. more like logical reasoning. I use the same process for why I don't w2w more. BF in FL? Dang, LD relationships are hard. good luck. hope it's true love. hehe.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Oh, I still race wheel to wheel. I couldn't go without it. It's just not the only hobby I have. I met the boyfriend through a track day, of course. I was hosting an event at Willow Springs, he was on travel duty as a civilian (GS-13) flight test engineer working at Edwards AFB. I met him at the Essex House bar where they had free food. I was talking to Alan (Elise) and Dars (Porsche) about the horsepower mods you can do to a Miata. One of my boyfriend's pals started bragging about how much hp a C130 has. I then argued the horsepower to weight ratio. Then his friend went on about how much a C130 can carry, and that it goes over 200 MPH. A C130 is a HUGE plane, btw. I guess my boyfriend was intrigued by the conversation -- I guess it's not often that a chick can argue . . . err . . . discuss engines. That's the short story, anyway. Yes, it is 'true love.' Why the heck else would I fly out to flippin' Florida? Lol.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:02 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Hahah, what a great way to meet a guy. C130 is one of my favorite big boy planes. especially the combat version C130-H... it's totally siiick and done a lot of work for America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f322...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXSDn...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw2bA...elated&search=

hmm i can't find the clip, there's one where you gun with tracer rounds in action a ngiht, it is just... just an AMERICAN BAD ***. I love it!
Old 04-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

I've heard those sounds of gun fire already. He lives near Hurlburt AFB, in Navarre, Florida, where they do test missions and target practice in the evenings. You can hear it, it's hecka cool. The bullets are HUGE -- bigger and longer than your hand even. I can't remember the caliper, but those boogers will blow your whole car up with just one shot. I only know small bits and pieces about planes . . . but if you ever meet John, don't get him started or he will talk for DAYS about planes. I swear, just name a plane make and model and he'll rattle off all the stats, etc.. He's a walking avation encyclopedia.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:26 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

you know i'm gonna be like, can i DROVE your C130.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Eheh . . . he'd say something smart like, "Sure, if you can get past the bullets." Meaning, the guards. I swear, they are so strict there! I went to check out the air strip at the Hurburt test strip. They have a red line going along the permiter of the strip. Step over the line, and no kidding, you'll be on the ground with guns trained at your noggin. Those guys mean business.

But at least I got to see something most civilians never see. Bunches of awesome planes taking off and practicing (that day anyway) touch-downs and fails. It was VERY cool. Because I couldn't step over that red line, I didn't get very close to some of the planes. Ah, well. I do have a (limited access) base pass, though. Cool!
Old 04-09-2007, 02:35 PM
LoanWolf
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bonster
Loan . . . WOW. What class did you race in Europe? Sounds might interesting! Lol on the trophy shelf. I only have a couple of plastic junkers -- they collect dust. That is about it.. Lol. p)
Bonnie,
I started out in Germany with slaloms on the local, regional and then national level, after two years I added hillclimbs to the schedule, figured out that I do not have enough talent, money or time to do it on any other level than amateur. When I moved to SoCal, I started with autox with PCA SD and SCCA at Jack Murphy stadium, joined POC, went thru their programs to eventually get the Cup racing license...
All of the above in various versions and prep stages with 911s with one season in Germany in the VW GTI cup...that's when I found out about the lack of talent (and commitment), never finished better than 3rd
Phew...aren't you sorry you asked??
Old 04-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Nah, I'm not sorry I asked. That hill climbing stuff always looked scary to me. What, with the cliffs and all. Here in my area my autox buddies (yes, I used to autocross, as well) keep trying to get me to do the Hoopa Hillclimb every year. Nah, I'll pass. I don't like the idea of going over the side of a mountain.

Quick Reply: The WRX Frank ran at Redline that was mostly 'stock'