Notices

Driftking... yes, he liked my del Sol better than 996 TT...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 08:26 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Child
Not to you perhaps. But it simply means that my car handles really well. In another word, overall it has excellent balance. Not just in handling, but well matched braking and acceleration. Getting such high ratings from a professional driver that's [arguable] one of the best known drivers int he world

But if it doesn't translate to results then what good is it?

I had 8 W2W class victories in a 968 last year. Anyone who is paying attention knows that the 968 is competitive in the classes where it races. Unlike you, my lap times are readily available on Mylaps, so I don't feel the need to post all of them up.

I find it laughable that you think Time Attack results would raise the profile of the 968. But even if that were true it wouldn't be worth me wasting my time at a Time Attack when I could be W2W racing instead.
Again, you're happy in your own little world and that's great. Time Attack is getting tons of media coverage... like it or not. And there will only be more.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:29 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Bonster
Wanna borrow my SM Bob?
Actually, maybe we can do it at TEAM event sometimes... Heheh. We can do it in my CRX (pretty spiffy and fun, 170 whp (200 bhp) @ 2000 lbs), as well as Bonni's SM.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:32 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

But if it doesn't translate to results then what good is it?
Again, you missed the point of Touge Showdown segments. It is basically driftking's mountain driving worthiness rating on a car. In mountain driving, due to varying driving conditions, you are usually not going 100%. You always reserve some traction for the unexpected things... having a well balanced car is far more important than having a car with pure performance that isn't as well balanced... del Sol has great handling and braking. The only reason it was slower is just underpowered... that's why the turbo will be a huge upgrade.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
Time Attack is getting tons of media coverage... like it or not. And there will only be more.
Not around here. I could be wrong, but I don't think there's anything even being billed as a Time Attack at Mid Ohio this year. The closest thing would be NASA time trials, but they run in the shadow of NASA's W2W programs.

But even if it gets media coverage - so what? Golf gets plenty of media coverage, but that doesn't change the fact that I have better, more exciting ways to spend my time.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:56 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Drifting is to motorsports as Cheerleading is to sports.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:19 PM
LoanWolf
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Again, you missed the point of Touge Showdown segments. It is basically driftking's mountain driving worthiness rating on a car. In mountain driving, due to varying driving conditions, you are usually not going 100%. You always reserve some traction for the unexpected things... having a well balanced car is far more important than having a car with pure performance that isn't as well balanced... del Sol has great handling and braking. The only reason it was slower is just underpowered... that's why the turbo will be a huge upgrade.
This is the biggest pile of crap I've ever heard...have you ever competed in a hill climb (if that's what you mean by "mountain driving)??????

Hill climbs used to be very popular in Europe which is where I took my first steps towards racing...Tell some of the winners in hill climbs that they are not going 100% What are you thinking: They are going 85.99876% and they are hoping that their rivals are not going 85.99877%???

You are clueless
Old 03-26-2007, 09:26 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

hill climb and casual fun mountain driving are two different animals...
Old 03-26-2007, 09:28 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

btw i think hill climbers (in competition) are pretty crazy, especially the ones that take formula cars and do it. do formula cars have adequate roll over protection? i know modern F1 cars are as safe as it gets for road racing... but how are they in roll over situations? i don't think take things like trees and cliffs into consideration when building safety for F1 chassis.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:34 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Not around here. I could be wrong, but I don't think there's anything even being billed as a Time Attack at Mid Ohio this year. The closest thing would be NASA time trials, but they run in the shadow of NASA's W2W programs.

But even if it gets media coverage - so what? Golf gets plenty of media coverage, but that doesn't change the fact that I have better, more exciting ways to spend my time.
It is well known fact that ALL car culture stuff tend to start in California first, especially SoCal, and spread across the nation. I bet $5 if you goto a high school in Ohio and polled the student, just ask them two questions...

1. does anybody know what road racing is?
2. does anybody know what drifting is?

#2 will be higher.

So you like what you do w2w 968. That's great man, nothing wrong with that. Golf is also a billion dollar sport/industry and I find it boring to watch... (I do enjoy the high lights) but that is because we can't truly appreciate how athletic the pro golfers are. These people have insane amount of skills. Stop being afraid of what you don't know. Drifting is already here and it is here to stay whether you like it or not. SCCA Pro Racing was smart enough to pick it up like 3 years ago.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:34 PM
LoanWolf
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hill climb and casual fun mountain driving are two different animals...
So now you are putting Touge or whatever you call this show off crap on the same level with casual mountain driving? That's about right as far as competitive driving is concerned...LOL
Old 03-26-2007, 09:56 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

It is well known fact that ALL car culture stuff tend to start in California first, especially SoCal, and spread across the nation. I bet $5 if you goto a high school in Ohio and polled the student, just ask them two questions...

1. does anybody know what road racing is?
2. does anybody know what drifting is?

#2 will be higher.

So you like what you do w2w 968. That's great man, nothing wrong with that. Golf is also a billion dollar sport/industry and I find it boring to watch... (I do enjoy the high lights) but that is because we can't truly appreciate how athletic the pro golfers are. These people have insane amount of skills. Stop being afraid of what you don't know. Drifting is already here and it is here to stay whether you like it or not. SCCA Pro Racing was smart enough to pick it up like 3 years ago.
Drifiting = judged competition like ice dancing = subjective garbage
W2W = competition directly against other individual = real winner is decided.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, please be at Buttonwillow on April 28. Did Bonni just offered her SM?!?!
No, she offered it to me, not you Dung Brains! She is one of the many that won't even allow to join her events any longer, remember Skid Mark????

I said, you name the place and bring the piece of crap car of your choice and I will gladly show-up and hand your *** to you, gay boy.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Originally Posted by cooleyjb
Drifiting = judged competition like ice dancing = subjective garbage
= a fad. It will last only a bit in the grand scheme of Motorsports.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:11 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Bull
No, she offered it to me, not you Dung Brains! She is one of the many that won't even allow to join her events any longer, remember Skid Mark????

I said, you name the place and bring the piece of crap car of your choice and I will gladly show-up and hand your *** to you, gay boy.
Ok, so lets do it in my CRX then. If you don't think that's fair, you go get a rental car and lets beat on that. Since you got mad RWD Porsche skills FWD should be piece of cake to you.

May 23, 2007. It's a Wed though... hmm, I'll look for a weekend date. That's Willow Springs, a high speed track. Or would you like a more technical track? Street of Willows is very fun...

May 26/27 weekend. Street of Willows.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:20 AM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
= a fad. It will last only a bit in the grand scheme of Motorsports.
Right, that's why Pierre Kleinubing tried to drift a Mazda FD3S RX7 @ GT Live at VIR last year... and that's why SCCA Pro signed multi year deal... Motorsports is evolving in front of your eyes and you ignorant asses is refusing to evolve... oh well.

GM pours lot of money into drifting and time attack efforts. John Heinricy (multi time SCCA National champs, who will smoke any one of you turds) with his $250k+Chevy Cobalt program in 2005 Time Attack... to give an idea how fast the FWD Cobalt was, it ran 1:51.318 to Sofronas in 996 (faster than WCGT trim) Cup car's 1:49.019. Hell, Christan Miller took his WC Touring Car and raised the boost, drop the ballast, and put fatter tires and "only" ran a 1:55.872.

Quick Reply: Driftking... yes, he liked my del Sol better than 996 TT...