Notices

So, net net: Frankie LIED about working at NASA?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 11:04 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,433 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonster
Woah, woah, WOAH! NONE of the guys at the NASA office would participate in any kind of this activity. Especially not Jerry! I know you were only joking, but Jerry would be upset if anyone doubted his manhood. ROFL.

Different "office", Bonni...
Old 03-19-2007, 09:06 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do vaguely remember something about the Capri Club . . . but I don't think Ali had a hand in NASA. At this point it doesn't really matter. Even if Ali (or anybody else) does or did have a partnership with Jerry, it's really not important to me, to be honest. It's not the kind of thing I typically bring up in conversation. Usually I'm finding excuses for not visiting enough.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:07 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,433 Likes on 767 Posts

WOW, you're up early, Bonni.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:09 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Yeah, it is early. I couldn't sleep, so I just got up hoping I'll get sleepy again. That's one of the problems with owning your own business and setting your own hours -- your schedule gets all messed up because you don't really have a schedule! One thing that's cool about being up too early, though, is that you can get your grocery shopping done in half the time!
Old 04-10-2007, 03:48 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Originally Posted by Bonster
I do vaguely remember something about the Capri Club . . . but I don't think Ali had a hand in NASA. At this point it doesn't really matter. Even if Ali (or anybody else) does or did have a partnership with Jerry, it's really not important to me, to be honest. It's not the kind of thing I typically bring up in conversation. Usually I'm finding excuses for not visiting enough.
You know Jerry must have kind of poor memory. I helped at the office for a year.. and I saw him and Dave and Ali everyday... brief time ehh? I guess he never valued the hours I spent there. *shrug* Back then Dave Ho wasn't full time neither.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:06 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Jerry did not divulge anything other than you worked for them answering phones around the year 1996. That's it. Let's please let this one drop. I really don't want to have to send Jerry and Terese a case of fine wine. Lol.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:08 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Oh, P.S. -- Jer said you did this answering of phones for a "short time". Like maybe four months max. No biggie, Frank. Really -- don't worry about it.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:29 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

heh, I was talking to Dave Ho like yesterday about renewing the comp license (need a new physical). anyway, so we talked about the good old days and my memory is correct. Jerry and Ali were partners in NASA originally. it was created from Capri club (yah , they both used to own those gay cars ) and they were really good friends. in 1996 when I was at the office, NASA was NorCal only and LA chapter was still just called Open Track Racing... eventually Jerry and Ali had different ideas about the direction of NASA (or something like that) and they parted ways. So now you guys know a little history of NASA.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:49 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Isn't Ali still the head guru for Honda Challenge? Or something ilke that? I saw Dave today . . . NASA has an event this weekend at Thunderhill. I didn't get my dang car parts in on time, so I was wrenching most of Tuesday to get stuff ready, but I could not get anyone to do my annual tech for my logbook, so no racing this weekend. Oh well, I saved about $800. From the looks of the paddock when I left, the CMC class sure is getting HUGE. Not many SMs though. Bummer. This could have been a chance for a podium finish, lol.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:37 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

hahah! i TOO feel like i've saved $800 because i'm not racing H1 this weekend. the historic Ferrari F1's and FXX will be worth it! time to head to the track. i shall return with some nice photos to share.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:49 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Plus it's raining, and I don't have rain tires. The only way Ron (from AIM Tire) will sell you tires this weekend, I overheard in his conversation with Florian Dejako, is if you ordered them ahead of time. He only brought tires that someone already ordered. So I'd have no way to race at least today with all this stupid rain. And, at least in this region, you won't get points unless you race BOTH days. So it would have totally not been worth it other than I'd get to race tomorrow (but obviously not today with my dry tires).
Old 04-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
hahah! i TOO feel like i've saved $800 because i'm not racing H1 this weekend. the historic Ferrari F1's and FXX will be worth it! time to head to the track. i shall return with some nice photos to share.
So you skipped another race so that you could do WATCH a bunch of hack Ferrari Challenge drivers? How are you ever going to become a racer if you refuse to race?
Old 04-16-2007, 02:10 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

hack? i saw some pretty decent racing actually. much better than i imagined. rubbing elbows with "pro" racing is good. made some cool new connections yesterday.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:59 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Originally Posted by GhettoRacer
hack? i saw some pretty decent racing actually. much better than i imagined. rubbing elbows with "pro" racing is good. made some cool new connections yesterday.
Rubbing elbows is worthwhile only if you have some $$ or some results/experience. Otherwise, you're just wearing out your elbows. A real racer would have been at the track racing instead of spectating and taking pictures.

How would you even know what decent racing is since you don't do it? Any racing looks like decent racing to a DE Champ like yourself. And yes, Ferrari Challenge is mostly full of hacks save for the guys whose egos are so big that they pay drivers to drive their own cars instead of embarrassing themselves.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:15 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

ok master racer, you're the best. i'm the bencher. you can stop beating a dead horse now.

Quick Reply: So, net net: Frankie LIED about working at NASA?