Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Used GT4 Prices

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 07:46 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 174 Likes on 86 Posts

If allocations are gone and production has stopped, then prices should hold for now if not slightly rise.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:59 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 83 Posts

I may be selling my white gt4 with buckets but havent decided on price yet.
However, if I sell it will be October 12 or so before I sell.
It has nice options and had msrp of 98840
I put roll bar, harnesses, misc. parts for alignment.
Car has about 1980 miles but will be slightly more when I sell next month.
I also have a very nice set of Forgelines with Hoosier R7s that are not new but may still have a few heat cycles left. - these will either go with the car or be sold AFTER I sell the car not before.
I will think about price but email me if you are interested and we can start the dialogue.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
GT4 Build Sheet.pdf (385.5 KB, 1357 views)

Last edited by GT3 Nut; 09-06-2016 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:59 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 281 Posts

You may find what you want if you look in all the right places, all the time. If you find something close to msrp you have seconds to get it.
As far as getting a very low mile use done at msrp, keep dreaming.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:08 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
You may find what you want if you look in all the right places, all the time. If you find something close to msrp you have seconds to get it.
As far as getting a very low mile use done at msrp, keep dreaming.
^^^ this

i ask myself, do i really want X car

if yes, what is going rate

you can always try to beat the going rate but it takes hella lot of time constant diligence non stop check here check there etc etc

i think how much am i trying to save and what is value of my time and effort and energy

so i usually end up paying the going rate (or a little over, even) to get the car i really want

that's the way it goes for nice cars that they ain't making no mo...

Last edited by golfnutintib; 09-07-2016 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:31 PM
RNGRJAG
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fail to understand all of the consternation about high used GT4 prices in a GT4 sub-forum. I am assuming many of the folks here own one, or have owned one, or would like to own one. Shouldn't everyone be excited or happy if prices go up? If you simply HAVE to have it, as with many luxury items, price becomes immaterial. I cannot grasp why a desirable car would be any different than any other discretionary purchase driven by emotion and hype. No one NEEDS a GT4 for utilitarian transport. I would think folks would be a lot more concerned had there been alarmingly high depreciation rates.

Find a car you like and pay the price. Don't like the price, don't buy. How is this any different than any other supply/demand equation? Until then people should ask whatever damned price they feel they can get. If they get it, great. If not, who cares? Of course, I am a hypocrite, as none of this applies to dealers asking over MSRP for new cars, a practice I deplore.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:07 PM
masti99
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by matttheboatman
Yes, sold the GR.
Yes, for MSRP (a little less than that due to miles and track days).
Yes, I'd like a LWB car if I can find a White / CWM / or another GR red before fall track weekends start!
Aaw, I saw your delivery pix and was hoping u kept it around. GLWH, hope you find a good deal!
Old 09-06-2016, 10:12 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 610 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by RNGRJAG
I fail to understand all of the consternation about high used GT4 prices in a GT4 sub-forum. I am assuming many of the folks here own one, or have owned one, or would like to own one. Shouldn't everyone be excited or happy if prices go up? If you simply HAVE to have it, as with many luxury items, price becomes immaterial. I cannot grasp why a desirable car would be any different than any other discretionary purchase driven by emotion and hype. No one NEEDS a GT4 for utilitarian transport. I would think folks would be a lot more concerned had there been alarmingly high depreciation rates.

Find a car you like and pay the price. Don't like the price, don't buy. How is this any different than any other supply/demand equation? Until then people should ask whatever damned price they feel they can get. If they get it, great. If not, who cares? Of course, I am a hypocrite, as none of this applies to dealers asking over MSRP for new cars, a practice I deplore.
My point is questioning the inflating asking prices.

Deja Vu 2006 all over again! With all due respect, this is EXACTLY what I heard when trying to buy a house back then. The same house was asking over $750k, we eventually bought and closed in 2010 for less than $300k. Both times were grossly mispriced.

The fact is that GT4s are selling for within $5K of MSRP, depending on the car.

Think about it. Is it not true that the 25 cars on Autotrader offered by dealers were purchased by them for more or less MSRP? Additionally, the GT4s I've missed were sold for about MSRP, and the ones I passed on are either a) still for sale, or b) sold for within $5k of MSRP.

My point is that asking price of $20K over are not real. Yet I see more and more cars coming to market asking crazy money. True, the market will sort this out over time. In the meantime, GT4 buyers are forced to wait it out, or look at other more expensive Porsches currently selling for less.

Last edited by matttheboatman; 09-06-2016 at 10:28 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 09-06-2016, 10:17 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 224 Posts

hey matt, the right car will show up and you'll pay whatever it is at the time....

i do think the GT4 has more appeal, the target audience is larger at this price point, its a better daily that the GT3 by far and the manual which is key. those 3 things will keep prices pretty steady unless they really do announce a manual GT3 or another naturally aspirated GT4 (hopefully with shorter gearing)

jeff
Old 09-07-2016, 08:54 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 281 Posts

Think about it. Is it not true that the 25 cars on Autotrader offered by dealers were purchased by them for more or less MSRP?
Really? I found Autotrader to be a big waste of time. Many of the cars dealers had were automatically listed even though they already sold to a customer. I even found cars that a dealer sold months ago being listed again at the same dealer. When I called that dealer "oh yeah, Autotrader sometimes does that".
Ebay and the Porsche website were very reliable.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:42 AM
mm1
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
Really? I found Autotrader to be a big waste of time.
Cars.com & Autotrader should become more reliable once allocations are gone. Re prices, I laugh at the current ones listed, there is a sucker born every minute. The car is worth MSRP all day or slightly more with the right options but I'd never pay over 5k currently unless you "have to have" one right now.

Similar to OP, I sold mine for MSRP a while back. No regrets but at the same time if the next GT4 is right (for me), I'll be buying another one.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:36 AM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 174 Likes on 86 Posts

My point is questioning the inflating asking prices.
The asking prices have been inflated since the car went on sale. This is nothing new.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:02 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Asking and actual selling price are two totally different things. Dealers will flat out lie to you what the selling price was. Many here won't tell you. Lots of smoke and mirrors, which makes it difficult.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:24 PM
mywave
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Asking and actual selling price are two totally different things. Dealers will flat out lie to you what the selling price was. Many here won't tell you. Lots of smoke and mirrors, which makes it difficult.
My experience: I just sold my low specGT4 ($94k msrp) with buckets and 750 miles listed it only on Autotrader. I had it listed for a total of about 30 days the first 7 days at $10k over msrp I had 4 serious inquiries that first week. One of them being MatttheBoatman, but no deposits.

I then dropped it to $8,500 over (covering just my tax and expel) that reasoning seemingly worked well with buyers. In the last 3 weeks, at $8,500, I've had 17 inquiries taken 2 refundable deposits all wanted the LWB's and it now has a new owner at my asking price.

There may be cars with LWB's and lower premium's out there but at the interest level I had $8,500 over seemed close to market for August and Labor Day weekend.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:39 PM
rickdm
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a note a little over a week ago from my sales associate at Park Place in Dallas, he had a new GT4 at MSRP ($99k). So I think there are still reasonable deals to be had.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:48 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by mywave
My experience: I just sold my low specGT4 ($94k msrp) with buckets and 750 miles listed it only on Autotrader. I had it listed for a total of about 30 days the first 7 days at $10k over msrp I had 4 serious inquiries that first week. One of them being MatttheBoatman, but no deposits.

I then dropped it to $8,500 over (covering just my tax and expel) that reasoning seemingly worked well with buyers. In the last 3 weeks, at $8,500, I've had 17 inquiries taken 2 refundable deposits all wanted the LWB's and it now has a new owner at my asking price.

There may be cars with LWB's and lower premium's out there but at the interest level I had $8,500 over seemed close to market for August and Labor Day weekend.
Great info! 9% over MSRP is certainly good for the seller (especially for those who register their cars in no sales tax states...).

Quick Reply: Used GT4 Prices