Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

All 2016 GT4 builds currently V100 for LWB?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 12:25 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts
Default All 2016 GT4 builds currently V100 for LWB?

I received a January build GT4 with commission number today (MSRP).
The order was entered into the system and came back as:

V100 - feasibility check failed.

This is because of the LWB stop sale. I've been told by 2 different dealerships here that ALL new allocations, no matter the build date, are being kicked back as V100 if you option P11 buckets for now, until the issue gets resolved. Now comes the problem of risking your order being locked before the buckets come back into supply, or delaying the order (which might not be possible for some).

Porsche, I'm astounded at how difficult you are making it for people to spend 100k....
Old 10-31-2015, 12:34 AM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Looks like round 2 of the LWB saga begins again. I wonder how many more GT3-RS's are still in the pipeline for 2016. They would eat the bulk of the supply because they come with buckets as stock with the other seats as options.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:43 AM
soupy
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 22 Posts

Saw some folks posting their March builds being OK'd for LWBs, but who knows. The saga continues...
Old 10-31-2015, 01:20 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

joe, that is correct, as of today , no bucket.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:22 AM
Sunny_M3
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
I received a January build GT4 with commission number today (MSRP).
The order was entered into the system and came back as:

V100 - feasibility check failed.

This is because of the LWB stop sale. I've been told by 2 different dealerships here that ALL new allocations, no matter the build date, are being kicked back as V100 if you option P11 buckets for now, until the issue gets resolved. Now comes the problem of risking your order being locked before the buckets come back into supply, or delaying the order (which might not be possible for some).

Porsche, I'm astounded at how difficult you are making it for people to spend 100k....
Oh yeah, they make it horribly difficult for you to give them your money. I had to break my head to find a GT4 and was unable to in the end. I ended up buying a Z06, but Hennessy Porsche got back to me saying that I might be able to get one. I'll add it to my collection FOR SURE because the value is only going to shoot up
Old 10-31-2015, 01:33 AM
GTautoDesign
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup, mine got kicked in the V100 crotch too when optioning P11
Old 10-31-2015, 01:46 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Hmmm, on the bright side I wonder if that means more RS allocations are coming...

Joe, if you think it's frustrating to try to spend $100k...try wanting to buy an RS and willing to spend $200k+ and not being able to.
Old 10-31-2015, 03:31 AM
s2ktaxi
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

buy a Boxster Spyder that was pre-ordered with LWB, swap the seats, sell the Spyder
Old 10-31-2015, 03:52 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

joe - as u know pag was caught totally with their pants down w.r.t two additive-error elements of poor forecasting:

1) gt4 vehicle demand way underforecasted, and then, in addition,

2) within gt4, box spy and 1rs buyers, wayyy underforecasted %age of buyers wanting buckets

ergo...half again shortfall of bucket supply from lear relative to demand...and no second supplier, and minimal ability by lear to ramp up production in the short term (next 2-3-4 months)

so the available bucket supply goes to rs, then gt4, then boxspy(essentially none), in that order

ramping up gt4 production another 300-400 units in face of error #1 in fact exacerbated the problem of bucket supply/demand mismatch

boxspy slots already told no buckets no matter what for this model year, so maybe production planning strategy is most likely run out rs's through april/may, while running boxspy on the 981 line with sofas only, then switch to gt4 buyers wanting sofas... then in may/june/july, finish out remaining gt4's on 981 line after rs run complete, put available buckets in those gt4's assembled at that time. v100 strategy now is to squeeze as many gt4 customers towards sofas as possible and run those cars first let bucket supply catch up

dunno where your allocated slot lies in queue, mootys in jan, his failed v100, as did yours evidently, mine is in march, not sure whether it will fail if entered now, or if my SA holding off entering for now as build entry not being called for yet

ugly - fugly in fact - pag just can't sell cars with seats folks want when they just aren't getting enough of them from lear over next 3-4 mos

Last edited by golfnutintib; 10-31-2015 at 04:07 AM.
Old 10-31-2015, 04:05 AM
calvinchan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm. my SA confirmed my allocation.
discussed with him further, he told me mine was for sure acceptable for LWB.
Old 10-31-2015, 04:08 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by calvinchan
has your SA entered your build calvin?...maybe a surprise is coming (though i hope not, in your case)
Old 10-31-2015, 04:17 AM
calvinchan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
has your SA entered your build calvin?...maybe a surprise is coming (though i hope not, in your case)
I will ask him tmrw.
he told me he entered my build based on the print out from the configurator I gave him prior to getting my allocation (which includes LWB), and promised me that i will be able to get mine.

anything i should ask him? this is my first time doing an order so i'm not familiar with all the procedures.
I'll give him a call again tmrw morning once more to confirm, but based on our conversation earlier this afternoon he told me that after putting in my order etc LWB was for sure going to happen for my allocation/build.

I'm a noob at this , please lmk what I should do to get a definite confirmation.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:33 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 281 Posts

I feel so bad for you guys. I had slot #1 and was accepted with the LWBS. A while after that the order got kicked back without the seats. No go. Since I had priority (and a number of Porsches from same SA) I had SA move me back to a September build. Original #2 was now #1 and had to accept the sofas. I met him and don't think he had a problem with that.
But even though my order locked with the seats it was always in the back of my mind that the car would show up without them. Yes, bothered me. Today wifey will drive our new GT4 home, with the LWBS.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:46 AM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 384 Likes on 214 Posts

Here we go again.
Contacting my SA today.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:10 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by s2ktaxi
buy a Boxster Spyder that was pre-ordered with LWB, swap the seats, sell the Spyder
You are forgetting that the headrest will have 'spyder' embroidered on it.

Originally Posted by calvinchan
Ask for the build order sheet and what the V status is for the car.

Quick Reply: All 2016 GT4 builds currently V100 for LWB?