Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

All 2016 GT4 builds currently V100 for LWB?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015 | 04:30 PM
xxrockmanxneoxx
Instructor

Originally Posted by steve0827
I was just updated by my SA and I am indeed V200 with LWB's with a late February build and Late April delivery.
+1 Feb build and April delivery
Old 11-03-2015 | 05:40 PM
calvinchan
Rennlist Member

Local dealer here told me they have available January allocation with LWB approved for 15 over

But my SA at another dealer said they can't get LWB approved til late feb ish

Lol I'm new to this, how can I tell if the local dealer is being truthful about an approved LWB in Jan?
Old 11-03-2015 | 05:49 PM
soupy
Racer

Originally Posted by calvinchan
Local dealer here told me they have available January allocation with LWB approved for 15 over

But my SA at another dealer said they can't get LWB approved til late feb ish

Lol I'm new to this, how can I tell if the local dealer is being truthful about an approved LWB in Jan?
So long as you're presented with an updated build sheet that shows V200 with your bucket seats configured, that's the best you can do and the most your SA can know. The fact is Porsche can pull the rug out at the last minute saying they won't have enough seats in time for your build before it locks and there's nothing anyone can do about it besides jumping to another later allocation.
Old 11-03-2015 | 06:47 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Well, my dealer has also confirmed that buckets are back on the table. Unfortunately, this roller coaster ride that Porsche put me on ended up pushing me back to a March build and I lost my January slot because it was given away to someone that didn't care about the buckets yesterday. Thanks, Porsche!

Oh well, as long as I get the car with the buckets. The buckets have been curse for me:

1) Didn't get them on the spyder because it was used and I didn't know any better at the time. I figured it would be $2k at the most to retrofit. WRONG. Welcome to the world of Porsche for the newbie. Ended up retrofitting the GT2 buckets to make it right for $5800 (a screaming deal today, but seemed ludicrous at the time)

2) Placed an order for a GT3. No buckets available at all. Suddenly, buckets are announced for the car and can be ordered. Except my order locked one week before the announcement and couldn't be changed. I abandoned the order (friend took it over) and scrambled for an allocation elsewhere that was still configurable and found one

3) And now the GT4... LOL
Old 11-03-2015 | 06:56 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Guys on the West Coast seem to be having the best tracks,mountain roads and enthusiast group of people that organize meetings/private track days,but ****ty dealers.
Us on the East Coast and I suppose middle of the country have better luck with dealers,but it doesn't seem we're so lucky on the other front. Not to mention weather.
If I could chose,I'd take the former and deal somehow with the ****ty dealers. Lol!
Old 11-03-2015 | 07:12 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Well, my dealer has also confirmed that buckets are back on the table. Unfortunately, this roller coaster ride that Porsche put me on ended up pushing me back to a March build and I lost my January slot because it was given away to someone that didn't care about the buckets yesterday. Thanks, Porsche!

Oh well, as long as I get the car with the buckets. The buckets have been curse for me:

1) Didn't get them on the spyder because it was used and I didn't know any better at the time. I figured it would be $2k at the most to retrofit. WRONG. Welcome to the world of Porsche for the newbie. Ended up retrofitting the GT2 buckets to make it right for $5800 (a screaming deal today, but seemed ludicrous at the time)

2) Placed an order for a GT3. No buckets available at all. Suddenly, buckets are announced for the car and can be ordered. Except my order locked one week before the announcement and couldn't be changed. I abandoned the order (friend took it over) and scrambled for an allocation elsewhere that was still configurable and found one

So at this point, given that we are all v200, Porsche can still put the build back to v100 before the lock date. After the lock date, if there is a supplier issue, Porsche may delay the build date- potentially pushing off delivery for a few months.

Sound about right?
Old 11-03-2015 | 07:19 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by rk-d
So at this point, given that we are all v200, Porsche can still put the build back to v100 before the lock date. After the lock date, if there is a supplier issue, Porsche may delay the build date- potentially pushing off delivery for a few months.

Sound about right?
Sounds right! Lol!
Old 11-03-2015 | 08:05 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by soupy
So long as you're presented with an updated build sheet that shows V200 with your bucket seats configured, that's the best you can do and the most your SA can know. The fact is Porsche can pull the rug out at the last minute saying they won't have enough seats in time for your build before it locks and there's nothing anyone can do about it besides jumping to another later allocation.
this is correct as i understand it

until the car is shown as built, there is no sure thing

an accepted build by production is them saying: "yes this one is one in a run where we believe we will have all necessary parts to assemble in the designated time frame" - it is still possible (though unlikely) that the parts don't show up due to supplier failure / QC, in which case they would say - sorry, sh-t happened... we thought we could...but it turns out we can't, and given the situation, here are your options

no one is being the bad guy or trying to deny anyone anything... these are extremely complex, MRP pull type production systems, and they do not always work perfectly
Old 11-03-2015 | 08:11 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

awwww joe... i figured that with the surprising green-lighting of LWB's coming out of Germany Monday (after spitting out v100 no-go's all last week), you would have heard like the rest of us that we can enter and lock our LWB-inclusive builds...and you would have just maintained your Jan slot...

well March build ain't so bad... we will have our cars for next summer track season!!!
Old 11-03-2015 | 08:41 PM
steve0827
Burning Brakes

Going off of what was said about Porsche still being able to cancel the buckets....I believe that until the car hits V250 status, nothing is 100% guaranteed.
Old 11-03-2015 | 10:12 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by steve0827
Going off of what was said about Porsche still being able to cancel the buckets....I believe that until the car hits V250 status, nothing is 100% guaranteed.
Maybe it's as simple as Porsche underestimating demand for LWBs. They seemed to be caught flat-footed with the huge popularity of this car. Perhaps with this allocation, they're better prepared to predict supply/demand (with the understanding that the buckets are outsourced).

There shouldn't be any surprises for Porsche this go-around. I'll choose to be optimistic.
Old 11-03-2015 | 11:32 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by neanicu
Guys on the West Coast seem to be having the best tracks,mountain roads and enthusiast group of people that organize meetings/private track days,but ****ty dealers.
Us on the East Coast and I suppose middle of the country have better luck with dealers,but it doesn't seem we're so lucky on the other front. Not to mention weather.
If I could chose,I'd take the former and deal somehow with the ****ty dealers. Lol!
Hmmm... never thought of it that way. You have a point...

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
awwww joe... i figured that with the surprising green-lighting of LWB's coming out of Germany Monday (after spitting out v100 no-go's all last week), you would have heard like the rest of us that we can enter and lock our LWB-inclusive builds...and you would have just maintained your Jan slot...

well March build ain't so bad... we will have our cars for next summer track season!!!
Yeah, being diligent and on top of the latest news from rennlist hurt me in this case. If I had just left the January order at v100 and never checked the order status or rennlist, it would have switched to v200 on it's own and it would be done. Instead, I tried to actively manage the situation and lost the earlier allocation.

In any case, the my current build starts 2/19 and the car is scheduled to arrive 4/29, so it's not bad at all. Let the goods times roll!
Old 11-03-2015 | 11:50 PM
QShip
Instructor

Originally Posted by neanicu
As a former Ohioan, who gets to drive 3K feet up a twisty mountain road to my NorCal home every night, and lives 90 minutes from Laguna Seca and Sonoma Raceway, and just paid 10K over to get his allocation, I agree completely.
Old 11-04-2015 | 12:05 AM
ny991
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by QShip
As a former Ohioan, who gets to drive 3K feet up a twisty mountain road to my NorCal home every night, and lives 90 minutes from Laguna Seca and Sonoma Raceway, and just paid 10K over to get his allocation, I agree completely.
I'd say you made the right move! Enjoy!
Old 11-04-2015 | 02:53 AM
Errsomeone
Racer

In any case, the my current build starts 2/19 and the car is scheduled to arrive 4/29, so it's not bad at all. Let the goods times roll!
And thus an important question now presents itself: with your GT3s plate being what it is, what is planned for the GT4's tag?

Quick Reply: All 2016 GT4 builds currently V100 for LWB?