Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Took delivery of my GT4 - lots of pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 04:55 PM
csbear
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maverick1
I noticed the exact same thing.
When you are mindful of the cars on the road you will notice a lack of color, most cars are either white, black, silver or gray.
That's why I changed from Rhodium Silver to Sapphire blue metallic. It really pops in the sun and looks darker in the shade, 2 colors for one price.
I went with Sapphire Blue as well. It actually seems PTS-ish compared to the rest of the default colors. And I love how it lightens in the sun... I am pretty happy I picked SB after seeing most of the colors on various Cayman models in person.

I wanted to avoid the typical white, black or silver (although I really like white on the GT4 anyways). So it came down to Racing Yellow, Sapphire Blue, or Guards Red.

My first choice would have been a Voodoo or Mexico Blue, but I was too early for PTS and it's a up there in price for me.

Regardless, I think my favorite part of the OPs car is the interior! Wow!
Old 07-06-2015, 05:20 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Absolutely stunning.

Thank you for sharing, and well done with the pics! They really bring out the car's beauty.

Congrats, and enjoy in good health!
Old 07-06-2015, 05:21 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'm not a big fan of red cars, but damn your car looks gorgeous.
+1

Agreed.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:36 AM
Unzki
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep coming back to this thread and seeing all these comments, wow! Thanks guys

As soon as I get it back to the road I will definitely take a new round of pictures and write better on the handling characteristics of the car.. Now it is waiting its registration to be finalized in a good company (Pic taken with iPhone, sorry for crap quality)

Last edited by Unzki; 07-07-2015 at 02:54 AM.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:20 AM
Porsche911sc
Track Day

Hi sorry to get in with a question but I wasn't able to open a new thread...
I got a gt4 2 wks ago and I have seen that the running temperature is quite high (I reached 118° C on queue and usually is 104° C) compared with the usual Caymans temp (always 90°), can you tell me if you have the same temp?
Tks
giorgio
Old 07-07-2015, 11:42 AM
user1029
Drifting

Received 569 Likes on 278 Posts

GT4 > 458

/shots fired
Old 07-07-2015, 12:13 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Unzki -

Congrat's on your purchase. She's a real beauty. I've been on the fence... well, frankly about a lot of things... with my GT4 but now that PTS is an option here in the USA, I'm struggling... I have GR as my current build but love Voodoo Blue. I just can't spend $5,000 US for paint. It's killing me. But your stunning pictures are making my decision to stay with GR easier.

Many happy, safe miles to you. Please come back and give us impressions as you put miles on it.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:24 PM
twentyseven
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 25 Posts

Huge congrats! And thanks for sharing such great photos.

Originally Posted by acey81
Looking good! Even more confident i my choice of GR. Didn't go with the deviated stitching because I was afraid it would be too much red with the red exterior, calipers and harness, but it looks great. Congrats!
Same here, I thought platinum stitch might be a little less over the top - although Unzki's car has me reconsidering red stitching. Post pics of yours so I can decide! lol

Originally Posted by Da Hapa
Congrat's on your purchase. She's a real beauty. I've been on the fence... well, frankly about a lot of things... with my GT4 but now that PTS is an option here in the USA, I'm struggling... I have GR as my current build but love Voodoo Blue. I just can't spend $5,000 US for paint. It's killing me. But your stunning pictures are making my decision to stay with GR easier.
I've debated colors heavily with another friend for months, with the possibility of PTS being the wild card (before it was confirmed) for both of our orders. Conclusion? This car looks great in all colors it's tough to decide. If Voodoo is the one you want, get it and don't look back. This is likely to be one of those cars people just love too much to let go of... after the first round of keeping-up-with-the-joneses flip theirs for a profit or move onto the next flavor of the month, a huge majority of GT4's will end up in the hands of people who simply won't sell. Besides, you'd easily recoup at least 80% of that $5k on resale premium for what is one of the most desirable new colors on one of the most desirable Porsche's ever. It will be a popular PTS choice, but still less than 50 of them will exist...
Old 07-07-2015, 03:23 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 268 Likes on 161 Posts

Is the lower portion of the dash in alcantara standard? I really like it.
I spec'd leather wheel and shifter on mine, but wonder if you need to get alcantara to get the lower dash, doors, and arm rest like the OPs pics.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:30 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by STALKER99
Is the lower portion of the dash in alcantara standard? I really like it.
I spec'd leather wheel and shifter on mine, but wonder if you need to get alcantara to get the lower dash, doors, and arm rest like the OPs pics.
Alcantara lower dash comes with any of the Leather Interior options, but NOT the standard partial leather selection. You can however choose the leather steering wheel and shift lever in conjunction with the leather interior to get the combo you want. I did the same thing.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:37 PM
AMGsound
Instructor

My GT3 has the same exact exterior color combo, these pics in the 1st page are the 1st I see that truly properly reflect GR in real life.
It's an amazing color on a GT3-4 car. On a "normal" Porsche, even I as a very happy owner, I'm still not sure I like while I LOVE carmine red on any Porsche.
It's all about the race car stance that "allow" you to have that bright racing red color. The black rims, black headlight, the oh-so-important clear sidemarkers and the black front splitter make a huge difference vs a normal 911 or Cayman or Boxster.

And i won't mention the interior. Just amazing. Mine is barebone and i'm glad it is because I wouldn't have reached all the way to the next price point of such a nice interior in a GT3. But $ aside, this is truly well done. Just perfect. Enjoy in good health.

I think I hear my GT3 in the garage asking for a little brother....f$k!!!
Old 07-08-2015, 05:13 AM
Mike981S
Pro

Received 468 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche911sc
Hi sorry to get in with a question but I wasn't able to open a new thread...
I got a gt4 2 wks ago and I have seen that the running temperature is quite high (I reached 118° C on queue and usually is 104° C) compared with the usual Caymans temp (always 90°), can you tell me if you have the same temp?
Tks
giorgio
Are you talking about water or oil temperature?

The non-GT division cars seem to have a water temp gauge that stays at 90C (194F) as soon as the water is up to temp and does not fluctuate until it gets too hot (e.g., when the radiators are full of sand and dirt).

I asked David Burkhalter about the GT4 and he confirmed that it will have a precise water temp gauge:

Old 07-08-2015, 06:48 AM
Porsche911sc
Track Day

Yes, I was speaking about water temp. Tks for the information/film as I was worried about the high temperatures displayed, I have seen that 104°C (220° F) is the gauge temperature of my GT4 while with my previously owned Cayman S (981) the gauge always stays at 90° as you reported
Old 07-11-2015, 04:10 AM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Staring at your photos again for the 20th time, I noticed something with the attachment points of the shoulder harnesses and was hoping you can clarify.

They look like they attach to the firewall and there are cutouts in the carpeting. Is there a bar that runs across the back that is part of the clubsport bar (I don't see this on the ClubSport photo of the parts provided by Porsche) or is there a simple attachment point similar to what is done on the floor to attach the belt that comes up from under the seat?
Old 07-13-2015, 04:29 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

In addition to explaining how the shoulder harnesses attach, please let us know how the sub belts attach--to the floor or to a bar of some sort that moves with the seat.

And I add my voice to the many before that the quality of the photos is first rate--better than some of those released by Porsche!

Quick Reply: Took delivery of my GT4 - lots of pictures!