Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Took delivery of my GT4 - lots of pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 05:32 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Looks truly beautiful/awesome. Some of the best pics of a GT4 I've seen.
Old 07-04-2015, 05:43 PM
Maverick1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats.
Your dealer did an amazing job prepping your car.
Paint looks flawless.
Actually everything looks flawless.
Do you plan on getting any paint protection film?
Never thought of GR color but it does look amazing in your photos.
Drive safe and enjoy.

Last edited by Maverick1; 07-04-2015 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-04-2015, 05:55 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts

Congrats - great looking car

John
Old 07-04-2015, 06:09 PM
hmkrpa
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful!!
Old 07-04-2015, 06:45 PM
user1029
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 271 Posts

That is the exact combo I'm getting

I'm weak in the knees right now
Old 07-04-2015, 06:45 PM
masti99
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 87 Posts

Congrats, now it drive and give us a review!
Old 07-04-2015, 06:58 PM
981GT4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't stop coming back to this thread to have another look at the pictures.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:07 PM
Craig67
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts

Looks incredible!! Congrats.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:11 PM
Unzki
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Again thank you everyone for your truly kind words!

Home for this GT4 is going to be Nürburgring so it will be driven properly, do not worry guys!

I took it for a short blast on nice b-routes today and let me tell you.. Man I'm in heaven! I had a 997.1 Turbo with small modifications (springs, sway bars, pads etc) and I have now been driving mostly with 991 C4S but this GT4 truly feels special.. It feels so much more than the 991, even more expensive and high quality. The rigidity and solidity is truly remarkable, it gives you so much confidence when approaching into a corner. Also the calibration that they have done to the steering is something to point out - in my opinion it is at least as good as the 997 Turbo steering, if not better. Miles better than the 991 steering anyway.

The manual gearbox, where even to begin? The precision and feel that the gear lever generates is so enjoyable that you easily find yourself changing gears for fun.. I really love analogue cars and like to do everything by my self, but in all fairness I have to give credit for the auto-blip-function. If you are just cruising and not racing it helps you to drive more comfortably and at the same time it guards your syncros. It is really so easy to downsift and enjoy nice exhaust cracks and pops while going thru gears with the traditional lever - something from the past and from the future, killer combo!

Absolutely a special, soulful, evolving and enjoyable car!

To be continued

Unzki

PS. In a couple of weeks when I have more time, I promise to take proper pictures with a bit more imagination than just these quick front yard pics!

Last edited by Unzki; 07-04-2015 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:16 PM
user1029
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 271 Posts

I used your pics to lie to my friends. Hopefully they won't start digging.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:38 PM
Trj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

One of the best looking porsches Ive ever seen. Love it.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:42 PM
JAMS
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Unzki

PS. In a couple of weeks when I have more time, I promise to take proper pictures with a bit more imagination than just these quick front yard pics!
Yes, please do... those were terrible!

p.s. GREAT looking car. Congratulations!
Old 07-04-2015, 09:22 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Unzki
Again thank you everyone for your truly kind words!

Home for this GT4 is going to be Nürburgring so it will be driven properly, do not worry guys!

I took it for a short blast on nice b-routes today and let me tell you.. Man I'm in heaven! I had a 997.1 Turbo with small modifications (springs, sway bars, pads etc) and I have now been driving mostly with 991 C4S but this GT4 truly feels special.. It feels so much more than the 991, even more expensive and high quality. The rigidity and solidity is truly remarkable, it gives you so much confidence when approaching into a corner. Also the calibration that they have done to the steering is something to point out - in my opinion it is at least as good as the 997 Turbo steering, if not better. Miles better than the 991 steering anyway.

The manual gearbox, where even to begin? The precision and feel that the gear lever generates is so enjoyable that you easily find yourself changing gears for fun.. I really love analogue cars and like to do everything by my self, but in all fairness I have to give credit for the auto-blip-function. If you are just cruising and not racing it helps you to drive more comfortably and at the same time it guards your syncros. It is really so easy to downsift and enjoy nice exhaust cracks and pops while going thru gears with the traditional lever - something from the past and from the future, killer combo!

Absolutely a special, soulful, evolving and enjoyable car!

To be continued

Unzki

Great to hear! One minor nitpick, however: auto-blip does nothing to guard your synchros. The blip happens while the clutch is disengaged, so the blip won't spin up the gearbox. It will however reduce wear on your driveline in general by ensuring smooth re-engagement when the clutch is re-engaged, but the only way to reduce synchro wear would be to double-clutch, i.e. rev the engine yourself while you're in Neutral and the clutch is released.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:58 PM
DeerHunter
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jphughan
Great to hear! One minor nitpick, however: auto-blip does nothing to guard your synchros. The blip happens while the clutch is disengaged, so the blip won't spin up the gearbox. It will however reduce wear on your driveline in general by ensuring smooth re-engagement when the clutch is re-engaged, but the only way to reduce synchro wear would be to double-clutch, i.e. rev the engine yourself while you're in Neutral and the clutch is released.
Couldn't you double-declutch yourself and let the autoblipper take care of the rev matching?
Old 07-04-2015, 10:07 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
Couldn't you double-declutch yourself and let the autoblipper take care of the rev matching?
The problem is that to spin up the gearbox, you have to blip the throttle while you're in Neutral and the clutch is engaged. Auto-blip would have no way of knowing what gear you were targeting in that scenario, and if you wait until you're into the target gear's shift gate for the blip (with the clutch disengaged), you're not spinning up the gearbox anymore and the synchros have already done their work. I guess you could blip yourself in Neutral to minimize synchro wear and then count on auto-blip to make the minute adjustments for maximum smoothness though.

Quick Reply: Took delivery of my GT4 - lots of pictures!