Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

The GT4 Culture

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 04:21 PM
ML///
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^People wanted to get in and get out for a quick gain.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:33 PM
Toasty
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ML///
^People wanted to get in and get out for a quick gain.
^this

Oh well, that's life...unless you in N Korea (hiyooooo )
Old 08-30-2016, 02:34 AM
Knolow
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with OP, perfect price point mixed with availability. Great recipe for a culture to want and pursue. I honestly do not think Porsche also expected this. I am more curious the route of the next Gen GT4, if there is one. Can't imagine a FI 991.2 engine in a light weight Cayman. Definitely talking GT3 territory out of the box.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:50 AM
khooni
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Fd3 rx7 is overrated. It is unique and special but the drivetrain leaves much to be desired. Still it looks great and SMALL.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:20 PM
trebien
Racer

Originally Posted by Toasty
^this

Oh well, that's life...unless you in N Korea (hiyooooo )
Lol. Have patience, you're in Texas... we can drive year-round here... and the prices I think will continue to slide a little bit on used models into winter. Pick one up then. Then spring will hit, production will have stopped for a while, and prices will creep back up.

Originally Posted by Knolow
Definitely talking GT3 territory out of the box.
For the price point, GT3 territory can't and won't happen. PCNA business 101.

Originally Posted by khooni
Fd3 rx7 is overrated. It is unique and special but the drivetrain leaves much to be desired. Still it looks great and SMALL.
Hm, again... sounds kinda like some reviews of the GT4.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:32 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Media hype is around for every decent offering from automakers, and Porsche in particular, so not sure it's a factor here. High praise for the GT4 was well earned, as it hit the bullseye: It's a fabulous sports car that meets a long-unsatisfied desire on the part of a lot of enthusiasts. It isn't without flaws, but the fact that it's arguably the best value offering from Porsche since the RS America (and is frankly a better value than that...) probably hasn't hurt its business case. I believe several auto journalists either stepped up or would have for real had they been able to get an allocation.
To the OP: Yes, I completely agree. I've been wondering if there's another car that became a cult car out of the box. E30 M3? S2000? M Coupe? Not sure any gained as wide a following as the GT4 has.

It just hit the spot...and it's only Porsche's first take on the concept.

It will be interesting to see where it goes from here, and how it evolves. I suspect it will follow a road closer to what we saw with 996 to 997 GT3, but time will tell.
The first is typically the purest form ...
Old 09-02-2016, 03:44 PM
Toasty
Intermediate

Originally Posted by trebien
Lol. Have patience, you're in Texas... we can drive year-round here... and the prices I think will continue to slide a little bit on used models into winter. Pick one up then. Then spring will hit, production will have stopped for a while, and prices will creep back up.

Quick Reply: The GT4 Culture