Notices
GT4/Spyder Discussions about the 981 GT4/Spyder
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

New: Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines 6-line Kit- replaces caliper hard lines!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 12:58 PM
JRitt@essex
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 645 Likes on 362 Posts
Default New: Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines 6-line Kit- replaces caliper hard lines!

Many of our Porsche customers haven't been thrilled with the quality of currently available options, and have repeatedly asked us to produce a premium quality brake line set that replaces the factory hard lines on the 991 GT3 and 981 GT4. We went back to the drawing board, and this product is the result.

Why Six Lines?

As you all know by now, swapping pads or changing discs on these cars can be a real headache, because the brake calipers are attached via hard, inflexible brake lines. The OEM lines are rigid, shouldn't be bent repeatedly, and don't allow the caliper to be set aside easily. Our kit replaces the factory soft lines with braided stainless hoses, while also eliminating the hard piping to both the front and rear calipers.

Why Spiegler, and not Brand X?

While we're not the first to create a six line kit, we have created the best one. The quality of the Spiegler components is a cut above the competition in all regards, and you can see the superior precision of the components in the pics below. Spiegler uses 100% stainless steel fittings machined from billet, and all fittings are attached with Spiegler's exclusive stress-free torsion system. That means the lines can be twisted or turned 360 degrees after they've been attached without placing any stress on the line or fitting. The components for Spiegler lines are imported from Switzerland, and the lines are assembled and tested in Dayton Ohio. The result is a brake line of unparalleled strength, durability, and reliability.

You can read all details and purchase the product here on our site. These are in stock and ready to ship.

Here is Spiegler's exclusive torsion fitting that allows one to remove tension from the line during install:

Comparative Photos: Spiegler vs. Competing Products

In the pics below, the Spiegler lines are gray and the competitor's lines are black. Note the precision and hard edges on Spiegler's fittings and threads, as well as the torsion fittings that allow the line to be rotated 360 degrees without stress.

Installation

Below are some install pics that show which lines our kit replaces.

Front

Front OEM soft line:

Spiegler replacement for OEM soft line:

OEM hard line to caliper:

Spiegler replacement for OEM hard line:

Rear

OEM soft and hard lines:

Spiegler replaces both the soft and hard lines with a single, longer, flexible stainless steel hose:

How strong are Spiegler lines?
Essex Designed AP Racing Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kits & 2-piece J Hook Discs
Ferodo Racing Brake Pads
Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines
704-824-6030
jeff.ritter@essexparts.com

Old 06-30-2016, 01:51 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,355 Likes on 826 Posts

Finally another option for us GT4/3 guys.

P.S.
You have voicemail
Old 06-30-2016, 02:00 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

Why the change to the different banjo fitting type for the front caliper connection, while keeping the OEM style in the rear?
Old 06-30-2016, 06:07 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mech33
Why the change to the different banjo fitting type for the front caliper connection, while keeping the OEM style in the rear?
Spoke to Daniel about this and am awaiting additional feedback; trying to get answers from Spiegler.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:29 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
Spoke to Daniel about this and am awaiting additional feedback; trying to get answers from Spiegler.
Please check on a GB while you're at it
Old 07-01-2016, 03:31 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,949 Likes on 2,802 Posts

Originally Posted by STLPCA
Please check on a GB while you're at it
Yeah, Group Buy would be a nice option
Old 07-01-2016, 03:32 PM
981.GT4
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be in for a group buy as well...
Old 07-01-2016, 06:15 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

They look great, and although the price is more than I would probably be willing to spend especially since I don't do very many of my own pad swaps, I might be in for a group buy if one were offered. Better yet would be a SKU that only replaced the hard lines for those who want extra convenience but don't feel the need to upgrade to full SS for feel, although I guess if the rear is a 1-for-2 replacement, that may not save much.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:16 PM
myBailey07
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd be in for GB.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:54 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 724 Likes on 396 Posts

I'd be in for a group buy. So far, the only option is from a company I wouldn't buy a bottle of water from.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:34 PM
ML///
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spiegler products are top notch
Old 07-01-2016, 10:43 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jphughan
They look great, and although the price is more than I would probably be willing to spend especially since I don't do very many of my own pad swaps, I might be in for a group buy if one were offered. Better yet would be a SKU that only replaced the hard lines for those who want extra convenience but don't feel the need to upgrade to full SS for feel, although I guess if the rear is a 1-for-2 replacement, that may not save much.
I'm a little bit confused by the pricing as well since the 4 line version (keeping the hard lines and just replacing the rubber ones) is about 1/2 the price.

ApexPerformance link

So maybe a possible GB would minimize it somewhat.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:44 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

It looks like the service loop on the front caliper flexible line is still too short to allow you to pull the caliper off of a stud without disconnecting the brake line bracket like before. True?

Old 07-02-2016, 12:02 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

It looks like the service loop on the front caliper flexible line is still too short to allow you to pull the caliper off of a stud without disconnecting the brake line bracket like before. True?

You may be correct in regards to a stud mounted caliper instead of a bolt mounted one. Probably need at least a couple of inches more. Good catch.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:02 AM
myBailey07
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Man, that would suck if that's correct. It's that dang bracket that is the biggest pain to deal with.

Quick Reply: New: Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines 6-line Kit- replaces caliper hard lines!