Sponsored by: APR

Best Track Times in a GT4

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 07:29 PM
trebien
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
How many laps do you have at CotA? That was my very first day. On very worn tires.
Oh, don't you worry... fair is fair... I should be out in your neck of the woods later this year on your home tracks for the first time where you can dish out plenty of heckling.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:02 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by trebien
Oh, don't you worry... fair is fair... I should be out in your neck of the woods later this year on your home tracks for the first time where you can dish out plenty of heckling.

Looking forward to it!
Old 03-30-2017, 10:14 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,670 Likes on 775 Posts

Love where this is going. Makes me want to buy a GT4 (again) !!
Not maybe ch challenge in the RS department. ChrisF needs to mend up so I can come chase him and some R7 GT3's on the left coast!

That Trebien guy is fast ;-)
Old 03-31-2017, 11:37 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 632 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
Sweet! Looks like I hold that record with six tracks. And in the next couple of months I'll be adding a few more!
Hey don't forget to mention the cheater tires! ;D
Old 04-01-2017, 04:24 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Just noticed that I did manage to go a wee bit faster when visiting the mighty Nordschliefe in August last summer at the end of my European Delivery holiday - which is surprising considering how wet it was:

Name:  IMG_8508.PNG
Views: 709
Size:  500.7 KB

100% stock car (tires, suspension, exhaust, engine, etc.). Driver is far from stock!

I was actually looking for my laptimes from the Nrburgring GP circuit so that I could post them here and push up my track count. Seems that Harry's LapTimer Pro failed to record them!

Last edited by 24Chromium; 04-01-2017 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:45 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 616 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by trebien
Ha, sounds like the gauntlet has been thrown down!

Nordschleife - 8:23.13 (stock car off the factory floor, first day at the 'Ring)
MSR Houston CCW - 1.46.01 (100% stock car, 20" OEM wheels with RE71R, first day at MSRH)
Sebring - 2:25.87 (100% stock car, 20" OEM wheels with RE71R, first day at Sebring before tranny blew)
Impressive driving by any standard, trebien!!! And, impressed with your travel schedule too. Would love to see a Log Book posting showing your track schedule - jealous!!!
Old 04-01-2017, 06:23 PM
jslee225
Racer

1st session of day which was going well and boom esc+tc failure. Had to drag car in under limp mode. Shut car down and it wouldn't start up again. Had mechanic look at since he was at track and the computer showed camshaft issue. Car was done and had to flat bed to dealer. I already had a camshaft related failure already on this car and this was the 3rd time I had my car towed from Cota bc of a failure. This car is supposed to be a track car, but it seems like I rarely get to drive it these days! I guess we'll see what the dealer says
Old 04-02-2017, 01:15 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by jslee225
1st session of day which was going well and boom esc+tc failure. Had to drag car in under limp mode. Shut car down and it wouldn't start up again. Had mechanic look at since he was at track and the computer showed camshaft issue. Car was done and had to flat bed to dealer. I already had a camshaft related failure already on this car and this was the 3rd time I had my car towed from Cota bc of a failure. This car is supposed to be a track car, but it seems like I rarely get to drive it these days! I guess we'll see what the dealer says
That really is a bummer. I was feeling similar on Friday as my car went into limp mode as I was putting it on the trailer - but seemed to be happier today actually ran for a change.
Good news for you is that it's not 3rd gear and likely to get fixed faster

Was good for a PB at COTA in warmer temps (80F) - 25.82 (R7s and alignment)
(scenes have some bugs...)

Clubsport guys at RS1 were under 20....
Old 04-02-2017, 09:47 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Love where this is going. Makes me want to buy a GT4 (again) !!
Not maybe ch challenge in the RS department. ChrisF needs to mend up so I can come chase him and some R7 GT3's on the left coast!

That Trebien guy is fast ;-)
Amazing to see so many gt4s at Sebring this weekend.
A lot of fun for me with an old 996gt3 to have so many cars to play with.

Trakcar gets to hang with the cup cars. 😂👍
Old 04-02-2017, 09:58 PM
2fnquik
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Just watched old Motor Trend review of GT4.. Pobst was 1:37.43 at Laguna Seca (car bone stock of course). Kudos to anyone under 1:40!!
Old 04-03-2017, 12:35 AM
Hawk Yama
Rennlist Member

Went to Chin HPDE at COTA this weekend. I knew there were some Rennlist guys but didn't have a chance to visit... Actually I went to ShankNBake trailer to chat without knowing why today (because the car looked fast and exhaust sound was good!!) but nobody was there at that moment...

Anyhow, I was hoping it would be still kind of cool temp but it was around 75F and probably humid too due to storm approaching. I wasn't able to run the 1st session due to a check ride for a first time instructor. I was able to make only one clean lap overall and it was 2m28.69. The configuration was pretty much same when I ran at TWS but I did alignment this time (it was as is last time). Then it turned out actually the rear was toe-out!! I guess that's why the car was neutral :P The car was felt tight at exit this time. The overall configurations are:

Stock engine, suspension (ARB: mid, mid), OE size RE-71R, DSC Sport V2 controller
Alignment: F: 1.8 deg camber, 0 toe, R: 1.5 deg camber, 5minutes toe-in

I've run 29.7 on a stock Cayman R on Z214 when the condition was perfect so expecting a few seconds quicker lap time even if the tires were street radial but it didn't happen...

Unfortunately, that run wasn't recorded so I've attached RS2Analysis screen capture.

I will install Fabspeed GT450 after this (finally John!) so this will be my last "stock" lap time

Last edited by Hawk Yama; 04-03-2017 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:55 AM
trebien
Racer

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
L... so I can come chase him and some R7 GT3's on the left coast!
Now you're thinking! Go west, young man...

Originally Posted by Hawk Yama
Went to Chin HPDE at COTA this weekend. I knew there were some Rennlist guys but didn't have a chance to visit...
I think I met you and a friend Sunday as I was walking through one of the garages; I had short hair and the heel-toe t-shirt on.

It was a busy weekend instructing with lotsa traffic, variable conditions and students/ride-alongs... I got in 1 session on Saturday without a passenger for 6 laps and knocked a second off my PB... irritating because I started running 2:30s with a passenger on Sunday, but then tires corded. I learned that the RE71 grip well at end of life; still consistent but do lose a little bit of traction... which made for some fun, sloppy Sunday laps with ShakenBake taking up my rearview mirror... mainly sideways with his worn Hoosiers.

CotA - 2:30.47 - stock car, stock pads, stock alignment, stock wheels with RE71R

And then, for those that stuck around Sunday afternoon... the skies parted, the sun came out, and these 8 Unicorns dropped from the heavens after the track went cold... mass Vulcanization:

Old 04-03-2017, 12:43 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 555 Posts

It was a very nice afternoon on Sunday. Perfect weather. Tires were totally toast by the happy hour, but at least I got to cord the fronts. R7s lasted 2 days (but that's with two 1hr happy hours, which is more track time than most groups give you at COTA).

The sky looked crazy, it was very low elevation and moving at about 50mph.
Name:  FullSizeRender (3).jpg
Views: 603
Size:  129.8 KB

They brought out the Vulcans again around 6pm on Sunday and were driving around the pits while I was loading - it was hard to concentrate.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:30 AM
Hawk Yama
Rennlist Member

Greeting trebien!! Maybe you are the guy standing close to us when the storm was passing? I noticed there was a red GT4 in the same paddock so was it your car? Nice meeting you and let's have a chat next time!

It was busy Saturday for me too as a check ride instructor. I was able to run the first afternoon red group but got held up a lot with some drivers including racing team ones so couldn't make any clean lap before the tires got too hot. I love Chin because of their red group policy (no hold up is allowed) so I wasn't very happy

Anyhow, I hope to see you at a track again soon!
Old 04-04-2017, 01:04 AM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 170 Likes on 97 Posts

Yama,

You're running less camber than most of these guys??

What's your secret?

Originally Posted by Hawk Yama
Stock engine, suspension (ARB: mid, mid), OE size RE-71R, DSC Sport V2 controller
Alignment: F: 1.8 deg camber, 0 toe, R: 1.5 deg camber, 5minutes toe-in

Quick Reply: Best Track Times in a GT4