Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Loaded Guards Red GT4 - On a Ship - Available

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2016 | 12:44 PM
Kansas911
Rennlist Member

Default Loaded Guards Red GT4 - On a Ship - Available

I configured a loaded GT4 in Guards Red that just finished build. I got lured away by a used, loaded Carmine red one a couple of weeks ago. If anyone is interested in a loaded, new, GT4 in Guards Red with LWBs, PCCBs, etc, etc, please let me know ($114K build). I will send you the spec sheet. If you are interested I'd love to warm transfer you to my SA so he can still get the sale. My order was for MSRP (no markup). Obviously I have no control over what the dealer might do once I cancel. I decided this morning to stick with Carmine after a local C&C event (seeing both colors side-by-side). I have always loved Guards Red but like Carmine just a little bit more :-). Just PM me if you are seriously interested and I'll send you the build sheet.

Just to be clear, I am not selling my build or anything like that. Just hoping to warm transfer a potential buyer to my SA when I break the news to him. Nothing in it for me except goodwill to one of my SAs and fellow Rennlister's (with advance notice) :-)
Old 06-11-2016 | 12:47 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Summoning OrthoJoe's rage in 3... 2...
Old 06-11-2016 | 12:49 PM
Kansas911
Rennlist Member

I have no idea why he would care. I bought another one for crying out loud! And I'm not selling it. I'm giving my fellow forum members a chance to go buy the car.
Old 06-11-2016 | 02:41 PM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

^Good deal. I would do the same if I excerised another option. At least when you break the news you are providing another Buyer and also helping out some one here on Rennlist looking or has a friend looking
Old 06-11-2016 | 02:42 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

There are many posts on RL where people attempted this transfer, trying to get the hopes up of those that wanted one, only to be faced with the reality that dealers have lists and more often than not go down their list first before accepting a line crasher.
Old 06-11-2016 | 02:46 PM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

^No doubt - Dealer probably just going to mark up and sell to the next one on list that will pay it. But - good will is not a bad thing - you never know
Old 06-11-2016 | 03:00 PM
Kansas911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
^No doubt - Dealer probably just going to mark up and sell to the next one on list that will pay it. But - good will is not a bad thing - you never know
I figured since my SA knows I got it for MSRP he might feel obligated to do the same for the next guy. Can't hurt to try :-)
Old 06-11-2016 | 03:04 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

My only comment is that GT cars are not like Lexus or Cadillac. 'Loaded' is NOT desirable.
Old 06-11-2016 | 03:10 PM
mpilot
Instructor

That's BS.
Old 06-11-2016 | 03:13 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mpilot
That's BS.
You must be new to the GT world or a bubble wrapper
Old 06-11-2016 | 03:17 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by orthojoe
My only comment is that GT cars are not like Lexus or Cadillac. 'Loaded' is NOT desirable.
If someone does their research they will find that a lot of Porsche, loaded with options, don't show a return on those options down the road. Look at history and one will see that options have the highest drop on value on resale. Dealers will hype those option, personalizations, as will some rare individuals, but when it comes down to paying for those it always comes down to their research resource: i.e. 3 year old PCM is at 10% of original MSRP and requires the latest and greatest NAV disk to be included, loaded. Or fancy stitching, embroidery is worth nothing.

$0.02
Old 06-11-2016 | 03:17 PM
mpilot
Instructor

Neither, just more knowledgeable.
Old 06-11-2016 | 03:19 PM
goin2drt
Banned

My comments

1. Good for the OP to pass along the info. Doubt even if a RLer wants it he will get it or at least at same MSRP.
2. My assumption is if these things were still really hot, OP would have flipped. Problem is flippers are barely getting out of these what they have in them.
3. Biggest issue that has beat like a dead horse yet is just another example of one guy getting multiple chances to buy GT's at MSRP while others on "a List" somewhere can't even get one. Just another example of Porsche being f'd up in the way cars get allocated. IMO Ferrari has a way better system.
Old 06-11-2016 | 03:22 PM
mpilot
Instructor

Originally Posted by goin2drt
My comments 1. Good for the OP to pass along the info. Doubt even if a RLer wants it he will get it or at least at same MSRP. 2. My assumption is if these things were still really hot, OP would have flipped. Problem is flippers are barely getting out of these what they have in them. 3. Biggest issue that has beat like a dead horse yet is just another example of one guy getting multiple chances to buy GT's at MSRP while others on "a List" somewhere can't even get one. Just another example of Porsche being f'd up in the way cars get allocated. IMO Ferrari has a way better system.
Except Ferrari doesn't make Porsches.
Old 06-11-2016 | 03:24 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mpilot
Neither, just more knowledgeable.
About Cadillacs, yes.

You are sorely mistaken if you think you can get get anything back on options.

Quick Reply: Loaded Guards Red GT4 - On a Ship - Available