Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

How to Get Fire Extinguisher Out?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 07:58 PM
laranja
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default How to Get Fire Extinguisher Out?

Anyone try getting the 981 w/ LWB fire extinguisher out of it's mount?

It's not easy. Won't come out unless I use a *lot* of force.
I unbuckle the strap, and that sucker is still hard to pull out.

The manual is pretty unhelpful.
It says: "Unbuckle strap, and remove fire extinguisher" basically.

Is there better way? I'd hate to have to wrestle with it if I needed to use it.
Old 05-29-2016, 08:10 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 902 Likes on 340 Posts

LOL. Went thru this. Felt like a moron when I finally figured it out.

Center strap has a big orange button on it. Press it. Strap pops and releases. You can pull out the extinguisher then very easily. To reattach, just hook the strap back together and flip the clasp back into place. Once you do it, it's super easy.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:11 PM
laranja
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Got it! Thanks!

Apparently it's re-fillable.

Old 05-30-2016, 12:26 AM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by laranja
Apparently it's re-fillable.
I would question the assumption "refillable". Unless you can find a F/E service that handles this unit, it would not be possible to refill due to lack of parts/seals, etc. As it appears to be of European mfg. I doubt that anyone would be able to fill it and guarantee its operation. Suggest checking with your P dealer on getting this F/E serviced.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:30 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,491 Likes on 2,272 Posts

when you have the need to use FE in the car, open the door, get the HELL OUT.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:48 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 998 Likes on 515 Posts

Yep, we only get one birthday suit.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:05 AM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Our Chief Instructor told a story about a guy who stopped to try and help his friend put out a fire, only he stopped on a slope and forgot to put his car in gear. Car rolled down the hill and into a wall. So there was a car on fire, another rolling around the track out of control, a couple guys running around in a panic...

I think the moral of the story was something like "If you have to be a hero, just don't make matters even worse."
The following users liked this post:
usrodeo4 (12-12-2020)
Old 05-30-2016, 10:25 AM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i would not rely on an overpriced porsche poser option to put out an auto fire............besides even if ya manage to get it in the fight most tinkerbells will say ....."goodness me i cannot spray this white powder in my just cleaned/waxed/wrap/imported leather interior ". ....................car fire: step one,get out of car.............step 2 let it burn ,call insurance company and get newer car
Old 05-30-2016, 10:44 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,391 Likes on 2,510 Posts

Originally Posted by extanker
i would not rely on an overpriced porsche poser option to put out an auto fire............besides even if ya manage to get it in the fight most tinkerbells will say ....."goodness me i cannot spray this white powder in my just cleaned/waxed/wrap/imported leather interior ". ....................car fire: step one,get out of car.............step 2 let it burn ,call insurance company and get newer car
Another idiot post. You're on a roll. You need to work on your material. Your use of " tinkerbell" is over used.
The following users liked this post:
usrodeo4 (12-12-2020)
Old 05-30-2016, 10:48 AM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

oh look it our po expert on every po made past,present and future. i mean you must own every model......you post on all of them. troll this princess
Old 05-30-2016, 11:22 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Have you actually looked at the price for a good FE and the price of the Porsche FE option? If you did, you'd note that it's one of the cheapest reasonably priced options that Porsche offers.

But, if you prefer to make incorrect assumptions in general, continue on.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:56 PM
Bill Lehman
Three Wheelin'

Received 228 Likes on 134 Posts

Exactly, No way you could add an extinguisher with mount for the $140 Porsche charges. I used my extinguisher once on my old car and was glad I had it. However, I could just about bought a new one for the price of the Halogen refill.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:22 PM
myBailey07
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm with Mooty in that I probably won't use it and just get the hell out of the car....BUT, in the meantime having it there earns me cool points which helps me win the DE
Old 05-30-2016, 09:23 PM
n3rd
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Why are you always a d-bag when you post?

... and yep, I'm a poser. I love the look but spec'd it after seeing all the 991 GT3's on fire.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:31 PM
irule
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

would you please take a pic of the front of the FE? i want to know what do porsche sell in newer cars. What is inside. (if powder, if CO2 or other)

Quick Reply: How to Get Fire Extinguisher Out?