New GT4 available in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 11:36 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by elitex
Wow you don't quit do you?

I didn't say I worked an hour. It took a minute to post. It would've been an hour if it sold.

Now go screw off. You're not worth my time.
I'm sure I'm not worth your time, yet you wasted it on me anyway. I decided to spend my time calling out BS when I see it. I know it's a futile effort trying to get people to think less selfishly, but I do it anyway.

Originally Posted by Ferrarisimo
Orthojoe says what others won't.

If I didn't end up getting an allocation, I'd be piling on too. I went through 13 months of (relative, First World) hell waiting for my allocation to firm up for a car I wanted desperately, all the while watching others casually buy and flip these cars like commodities.

There's probably not many people left that really want the car that haven't gotten one yet, but they are out there, and they got screwed by the stealers, the flakes, and the flippers.

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Elitex, you need to learn that Ortho is The Boss of Rennlist, The Dude, The Orb from which all knowledge and judgement flows. Best to just accept the Gospel of Joe as the Word of God himself.
I prefer to be described as 'stubborn', like you.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:32 AM
9001rpm
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a FYI but Park Place here in Dallas also has used Carmine in. Pretty heavily optioned, PCCB, LWBs, and aftermarket bar/harness. It was a trade in on a 991 GT3RS.

No affiliation with the dealer although they treated me great on my recent GT4. Contact Christian Miller at Park Place Porsche in Dallas for details.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:34 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Elitex, you need to learn that Ortho is The Boss of Rennlist, The Dude, The Orb from which all knowledge and judgement flows. Best to just accept the Gospel of Joe as the Word of God himself.
Originally Posted by orthojoe
I prefer to be described as 'stubborn', like you.
Pot, meet kettle...

At least your guys are entertaining.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:38 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoJoe
Seems that someone backed out of a build. I was able to get it changed to my specs.

...and yes, I called around to a ton of dealers.

When I finally asked why the dealer called me back first, he said "you sounded like a normal guy who would be easy to work with and I wanted to give an enthusiast a chance at getting a GT car."

I track my Audi S4 regually. This is my first Porsche. I keep telling everyone it's entry-level.
Originally Posted by GeoJoe
I found an allocation at MSRP in Atlanta yesterday. Signed and deposit down. Should be here Aug 19th. No one should be paying a premium.
Congrats on the car.

Not sure how your expierence correlates with not paying a premium? Hold out for MSRP and hope to be the first guy called back by a SA?
Old 05-26-2016, 02:10 AM
pegdrag
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Laughing, the gods of Rennlist live in the 993 forum, where 6 years of membership and 3700 posts make one a new member and where the quarrel here would be considered a zephyr. The firestorms there rage across decades!! The one sure way to call down the furies is to cheat other Rennlisters!

Btw, that Carmine Red sure would look good against Oregon Green, wouldn't it?
Old 05-26-2016, 02:17 AM
Marvinta
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this is one of the reasons dealers have held onto allocations and/or specced some themselves. They don't make enough money on stripper cars. When I was talking to my SA about taking their last allocation and he indicated that they could drop the markup a fair bit for me as a repeat customer, he wasn't excited to hear that I was planning a stripper build and I'm guessing that markup drop would have evaporated if I really wanted the car.
Dealers make huge bank on MSRP cars.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:24 PM
Final32
2nd Gear

Looks like someone scooped it up. Hennessy said it was spoken for today.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:30 PM
PointBy
Instructor

There's probably not many people left that really want the car that haven't gotten one yet, but they are out there, and they got screwed by the stealers, the flakes, and the flippers.
I think there's still plenty of us out here waiting to get a GT4 with an option package close to what we would have ordered at a price somewhere around MSRP.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:32 PM
Farani
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PointBy
I think there's still plenty of us out here waiting to get a GT4 with an option package close to what we would have ordered at a price somewhere around MSRP.
Agreed. Put me on that list, too. I'm going to keep searching for one and hope for the best. If I come up empty-handed, I'll hope there is a 718 version, and then I'm sitting in a good spot on my dealer's list of people with deposits down.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:37 PM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 514 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanCO
Congrats on the car.

Not sure how your expierence correlates with not paying a premium? Hold out for MSRP and hope to be the first guy called back by a SA?
I say you make your own good luck. I had several chances to pay the premium. Found multiple allocations at dealers across the country. All wanted from $5-$10k to just have the chance. Several told me to buy a cheaper P car just to get on the next list. This is BS.

I was polite to the SA and told him I'd track this car, not flip it or garage it. I showed him videos of my Audi at Road Atlanta and Barber. I built relationships with their staff at Atlanta's Caffeine and Octane. I also put their name down on a recent survey after renting a 911 from Porsche Drive Experience in Berlin.

All of this factors in and he said he just wanted someone normal to work with.

The planets aligned and I jumped on the chance without delay.

Last edited by GeoJoe; 05-26-2016 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:39 PM
9001rpm
Racer

Originally Posted by PointBy
^This.

As you can see the CR GT4 has already been sold. Not to mention the used GT4 I posted about sold this morning as well. Seems well priced/spec cars within MSRP to even +10k seem to move in a matter of days. Sometime hours...
Old 05-26-2016, 06:02 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by 9001rpm
^This.

As you can see the CR GT4 has already been sold. Not to mention the used GT4 I posted about sold this morning as well. Seems well priced/spec cars within MSRP to even +10k seem to move in a matter of days. Sometime hours...
Exactly. Can't procrastinate on this one. An instant desirable future classic.

I had many leads since early this year but passed on them since LWBS were a must as well as a few other options I really wanted. When an editable order for msrp popped-up a few months ago I immediately jumped on it to take over with a deposit. If I didn't or waited even a few hours... I likely still wouldn't have one today to my liking.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:28 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 210 Posts

Fail in multiple ways.

You spec'd a bloated car that most are not interested in
You thought you could make a quick lame buck by flipping a car
You screwed someone that can afford/want the car out of an allocation they could have built for themselves
You screwed the salesman out of a sale that might go to another salesman

Anyone still think deposits should be refundable after an allocation locks?

(Cue the obligatory sob story excuse/response)
+1
Old 05-26-2016, 06:30 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by elitex
First of all screw off. Second, this car was ordered with every intention to purchase. It was actually ordered for a friend of mine. He decided to buy a second house instead. Sob story my ***.

I would've bought it myself if hadn't just purchased a McLaren.
Don't forget to add that McLaren to your list of cars in your signature. Please keep RL updated. Thank you.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:45 PM
Tony.CO
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's going on? I just got done banging Brittany Spears or I'd be upto speed on this thread.

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Don't forget to add that McLaren to your list of cars in your signature. Please keep RL updated. Thank you.

Quick Reply: New GT4 available in Atlanta