Sponsored by: APR

New GT4 available in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 01:20 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Don't forget to add that McLaren to your list of cars in your signature. Please keep RL updated. Thank you.
LOL

Old 05-27-2016, 01:24 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoJoe
I say you make your own good luck. I had several chances to pay the premium. Found multiple allocations at dealers across the country. All wanted from $5-$10k to just have the chance. Several told me to buy a cheaper P car just to get on the next list. This is BS.

I was polite to the SA and told him I'd track this car, not flip it or garage it. I showed him videos of my Audi at Road Atlanta and Barber. I built relationships with their staff at Atlanta's Caffeine and Octane. I also put their name down on a recent survey after renting a 911 from Porsche Drive Experience in Berlin.

All of this factors in and he said he just wanted someone normal to work with.

The planets aligned and I jumped on the chance without delay.
All good stuff. But again, your original comment was that folks shouldn't be paying a premium. So maybe pay a premium or hope the 'planets align'?
Old 05-27-2016, 02:54 AM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

GT4's seem to be surfacing. Out of the blue my SA sent me text this morning to let me know they've got one. He knows I do not want to pay for his boss' vacation, so MSRP for me, I would believe. Since I passed, I didn't ask any questions. However, I drove by, just by chance, and car is in window so my guess is that they will try to get a premium from anyone just entering the store - I didn't stop to check. Black w silver wheels, I believe PCCB, LWB, Rusnack Pasadena and good luck if anyone is interested. Obviously no affiliation, otherwise I would have a GT3RS in the garage these days. I hope this info helps someone here.
Old 05-27-2016, 03:26 AM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Gorgeous configuration, somebody is going to get a nice GT4.
Thank you for sharing the opportunity

OP was quite clear when he said "Selling at MSRP..." and don't see how you could infer anything else?
he said 'selling at MSRP + usual delivery...'

I misread it as it being sold at MSRP+ a 'usual markup'.

my mistake, that's great if it's going for MSRP
Old 05-27-2016, 08:08 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,503 Likes on 2,826 Posts

Originally Posted by br911
GT4's seem to be surfacing. Out of the blue my SA sent me text this morning to let me know they've got one. He knows I do not want to pay for his boss' vacation, so MSRP for me, I would believe. Since I passed, I didn't ask any questions. However, I drove by, just by chance, and car is in window so my guess is that they will try to get a premium from anyone just entering the store - I didn't stop to check. Black w silver wheels, I believe PCCB, LWB, Rusnack Pasadena and good luck if anyone is interested. Obviously no affiliation, otherwise I would have a GT3RS in the garage these days. I hope this info helps someone here.
Isn't one of the mission statements for the GT division is to never have these cars sitting on the lot? There seems to be more of these sitting on the lot than expected.

Dealers pushing unrealistic premiums is resulting in unsold inventory, it would seem. Makes it appear that Porsche made too many GT4s, which I'm sure is not the case.

Quick Reply: New GT4 available in Atlanta