Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

who runs R7 on GT4

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 08:20 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

@ GT3nut, intressing to read your posts. It seems you guys in USA is keen on datalogging, great for you guys its so many of you got GT4/GT3 and logging.

Anyway, just wanted to ask, how is GT4 engine handle the pressure coming from hosier? Sorry, it might be in this thread but not read all thread.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:55 AM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Yargk
What was your caster without the Tarret adjustable bushings?
I will have to find the alignment print out and let you know.
I just remember it being pretty far out of the recommended spec
Old 04-11-2016, 09:56 AM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Nur93
@ GT3nut, intressing to read your posts. It seems you guys in USA is keen on datalogging, great for you guys its so many of you got GT4/GT3 and logging.

Anyway, just wanted to ask, how is GT4 engine handle the pressure coming from hosier? Sorry, it might be in this thread but not read all thread.
I had no issues as far as oil pressure and no other warnings.
All seemed to be just fine.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:25 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Ok, thanks!
Old 04-11-2016, 11:17 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 953 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by Nur93
Ok, thanks!
I've got about 50 laps on COTA, and 50 or so at TWS on R7s now, and no issues. It's going to make a lot of miles before we really know.
I don't think we're going to have any trouble..is my arm chair prediction. The CS has the exact same motor, and the teams are running Slicks on it and cup suspension - so much higher g-forces that the street car would do on R7s. All they did was overfill the oil. Porsche said they put over 10K hard track miles on the CS mule while under development.

I suspect we're going to see more trouble with the MA1 GT3R given how things are going with the GT3 engine right now. I hope they have that sorted, but I guess we will see.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:53 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Thanks for feedback shakebake. Would be fun to aslo test. I might if I keep my car past warrenty. Anyway I dove slicks on my M3 CSL, no issu😳. Still I did It only a few Times'.
Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
I've got about 50 laps on COTA, and 50 or so at TWS on R7s now, and no issues. It's going to make a lot of miles before we really know.
I don't think we're going to have any trouble..is my arm chair prediction. The CS has the exact same motor, and the teams are running Slicks on it and cup suspension - so much higher g-forces that the street car would do on R7s. All they did was overfill the oil. Porsche said they put over 10K hard track miles on the CS mule while under development.

I suspect we're going to see more trouble with the MA1 GT3R given how things are going with the GT3 engine right now. I hope they have that sorted, but I guess we will see.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:38 PM
9972RS
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

how much oil overfill?
Old 04-11-2016, 02:04 PM
zmon
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 78 Posts

also hasnt BGB raced this same engine for years?
Old 04-11-2016, 04:05 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Nut
I will have to find the alignment print out and let you know.
I just remember it being pretty far out of the recommended spec
Cool, I had a crazy theory that out of spec caster might help with tire wear.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:37 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,635 Likes on 2,318 Posts

i thought CS and GT4 engine not the same. SOMETHING was changed due to oiling.

but i THINK R7 isn't that sticky so should be fine. but dont listen to me. i BREAK EVERYTHING. and i mean EVERYTHING.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:45 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 953 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i thought CS and GT4 engine not the same. SOMETHING was changed due to oiling.

but i THINK R7 isn't that sticky so should be fine. but dont listen to me. i BREAK EVERYTHING. and i mean EVERYTHING.
I talked to an engineer at the Pirelli Trophy series - he said they are virtually identical. They run higher octane (safer for motor and extreme use) and 100 cell cats (longevity). The dealer can service the motor apparently. They put an extra quart in it, and ECU programing is changed to not throw a warning about it.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:35 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,547 Likes on 817 Posts

I talked to an engineer at the Pirelli Trophy series - he said they are virtually identical. They run higher octane (safer for motor and extreme use) and 100 cell cats (longevity). The dealer can service the motor apparently. They put an extra quart in it, and ECU programing is changed to not throw a warning about it.
All true. Engine tuned for 91 RON but CS uses 98 or 100 to keep heads cooler at long WOT intervals on hot race days .

It's a good engine IMO and is detuned a bit for longevity and more usable midrange torque.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:44 PM
myBailey07
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
All true. Engine tuned for 91 RON but CS uses 98 or 100 to keep heads cooler at long WOT intervals on hot race days .

It's a good engine IMO and is detuned a bit for longevity and more usable midrange torque.
Mine is tuned for 93 octane; however, I typically mix in about 2 gallons of either 98 or 101 octane per tank on track days to up the octane just a tad.

My logic is not to get any better performance (which you won't), but simply to provide it a small degree of extra protection, or small increased margin of error, as the added octane gives you bit better knock protection, especially on hotter days, or in case you might get a tank of "bad" gas, or a tank that is at the lower octane spec limit.

Always wondered if this logic is solid, or just making me feel better...
Old 04-11-2016, 08:55 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,547 Likes on 817 Posts

Originally Posted by myBailey07
Mine is tuned for 93 octane; however, I typically mix in about 2 gallons of either 98 or 101 octane per tank on track days to up the octane just a tad. My logic is not to get any better performance (which you won't), but simply to provide it a small degree of extra protection, or small increased margin of error, as the added octane gives you bit better knock protection, especially on hotter days, or in case you might get a tank of "bad" gas, or a tank that is at the lower octane spec limit. Always wondered if this logic is solid, or just making me feel better...
Better safe than sorry.

Stock from the dealer its tuned for 91 due to Calif cramp gasoline
Old 04-11-2016, 08:59 PM
myBailey07
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Better safe than sorry.

Stock from the dealer its tuned for 91 due to Calif cramp gasoline
Good to hear. The company I worked for is the main manufacturer of that crap Calif gasoline (regulatory limitations, not the company. Company, manufacturing process and QA is great). So, I know the differences in the gas pretty well and that's the primary reason I run the Cobb tune for the std 93 octane we can get in Texas. Love Texas!

Quick Reply: who runs R7 on GT4