Sponsored by: APR

Porsche Experience Center (PEC)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 09:48 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

Awesome pic!!!
I can't wait!!! 4 weeks and 6 days more!!!
Old 09-07-2016, 08:56 AM
Fjord
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bella1
From my IPhone at PEC and in the garage. Man this car is sweet!!
Hello Bella1--It looks like you got your VA license plates on the car already at PEC? I take delivery of my C4S late October or early November, and I am just starting to look into what I need to do with VA regarding title, license, inspection, etc. (I plan to phone them later). Would you know if we can just pick up the car with GA temporary tags and get things sorted out when we get home, or can we get plates to bring down with us--and then get inspections done when we get back?
Old 09-07-2016, 12:32 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fjord
Hello Bella1--It looks like you got your VA license plates on the car already at PEC? I take delivery of my C4S late October or early November, and I am just starting to look into what I need to do with VA regarding title, license, inspection, etc. (I plan to phone them later). Would you know if we can just pick up the car with GA temporary tags and get things sorted out when we get home, or can we get plates to bring down with us--and then get inspections done when we get back?
Need to have all paperwork done at your selling dealer as tho you were picking up that day from them. And show up at PEC with your plates or temp tags from home state/dealer
Old 09-07-2016, 04:06 PM
Fjord
Track Day

Thanks, SJJ28--one further problem, as I am buying the car from a MD dealership. I will contact him to see if he knows the process (I would guess so)--otherwise, it will be a learning process for both of us. (And I like your shots of the four headlights.)
Old 09-07-2016, 07:12 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Thanks, SJJ28--one further problem, as I am buying the car from a MD dealership. I will contact him to see if he knows the process (I would guess so)--otherwise, it will be a learning process for both of us. (And I like your shots of the four headlights.)
He should be able to give you a "drive away" permit, or even an MD temp tag. Either will be fine for your PEC delivery. You need a current plate or temp tag, proof of insurance, and proof of payment (I think dealer sends this to PEC) in order to pick up your car.

Edit: you could do all the paperwork with selling dealer weeks before your PEC delivery, and then do the paperwork in your home state before taking delivery....
Old 09-07-2016, 11:35 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Dealership

Yes I visited the dealership and completed all the paperwork including tags and paying for the car. Virginia gives dealers real tags so we do not use 30 day tags. So I brought all of this including proof of insurance to PEC. Also suggest adding the car to your insurance policy the day you complete the purchase. Even though you have not taken delivery, you own it and should therefore insure it. Virginia requires insurance when the tag is activated anyway. Good luck and have fun!
Old 09-08-2016, 02:51 PM
Fjord
Track Day

Originally Posted by bella1
Yes I visited the dealership and completed all the paperwork including tags and paying for the car. Virginia gives dealers real tags so we do not use 30 day tags. So I brought all of this including proof of insurance to PEC. Also suggest adding the car to your insurance policy the day you complete the purchase. Even though you have not taken delivery, you own it and should therefore insure it. Virginia requires insurance when the tag is activated anyway. Good luck and have fun!
Hello Bella1--Thanks for the response. We recently moved to VA, and I was surprised at how relatively easy it was to get tags. On our drive home, we are talking about driving the Tail of the Dragon (U.S. 129) and then catching Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive back to Ashburn, near Leesburg. I know some of the speed limits on BRP will be slow, and the curves on TotD will slow us down, but what better way to break in a car? We had originally thought of heading south to Key West, but we may save that for another trip. Our next trips include the shore, including Virginia Beach, the Maryland beaches, etc. We'll keep an eye out for you--and not in a creepy way.--Lee
Old 09-28-2016, 01:01 AM
ChrisFL
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 49 Posts

Had a blast today at PEC Atlanta. Definitely a great way to pick up the car. Got to see a CGT, 918, and the original prototype boxster. Definitely recommend it anyone who is considering it. Ripping up the 1 mile circuit in their broken in GT4 wasnt bad either. Got to powerslide the car many times. They change those cup2s every 1500 miles or so.....

I wish I had more time, but my family was waiting for me. Didnt have time for the simulator room or time roaming around the complex. If I planned it better, I would have pretty much spent the whole day there.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Porsche Experience Center (PEC)