Received 615 Likes on 420 Posts

Gorgeous

Love that vanity plate too
Old 02-20-2016, 10:26 AM
Knolow
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jgarvish
The tires/wheels fit and there is no rubbing even with the fronts at full lock although I have to confess it's pretty close. We also chose to shave down the rear toe links a little to give a little added clearance in the rear as those were really the tightest fit. Probably have a couple mm currently between the rear toe link and the edge of the rear wheel. My alignment specs are listed below. I'm planning to go to COTA next weekend and will update with any issues that I identify.

Overall, the Forgeline wheels and Hoosier tires seem to be the best option out there for the GT4 and I'm thankful to Brian at Competition Motorsports for helping me with the wheel and tire purchase and to Joe at ATXAutosport for all of the hard work helping me get everything set up perfect!
I'm subscribed!
All kidding aside, I track and would like to know if your alignment worked or if you would adjust it.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:42 AM
stingray84
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hot shoes! What did you mod to get to -3.0/-2.5 camber?
Old 02-20-2016, 02:46 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 225 Likes on 146 Posts

Looks great.
Love Forgeline products.

Let us know how it works for you.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:12 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,634 Likes on 2,317 Posts

Originally Posted by stingray84
Hot shoes! What did you mod to get to -3.0/-2.5 camber?
front tie rod
rear toe link
locking plate
thrust bushing
shim
Old 02-22-2016, 01:07 PM
Jgarvish
Instructor

Mooty is correct (see attached picture). In addition to the bits in the pic I also added Tarrett Camber Plates. I'm off to COTA next weekend but just driving around there doesn't appear to be any rubbing.
Attached Images  
Old 02-22-2016, 01:09 PM
Jgarvish
Instructor

Also, added some numbers this past weekend.
Attached Images   
Old 02-22-2016, 01:46 PM
trebien
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a good looking setup; nice depth to the red on the wheels.

Now, if you central Texans could stop posting this kind of stuff, it would be appreciated... you're really not making the wait any easier. K, thanks.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:16 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,355 Likes on 826 Posts

Mooty is correct (see attached picture). In addition to the bits in the pic I also added Tarrett Camber Plates. I'm off to COTA next weekend but just driving around there doesn't appear to be any rubbing.
Why did you not elect to go with SS lines all the way to the calipers to get rid of the hard lines and the hazzle of pad changes?
Old 02-22-2016, 03:32 PM
Jgarvish
Instructor

Originally Posted by ExMB
Why did you not elect to go with SS lines all the way to the calipers to get rid of the hard lines and the hazzle of pad changes?
The lines are shown in the right hand side of the picture and are stainless steel end to end with a rubber cover over a portion of the line. I probably would have preferred Goodrich lines but these were recommended to me and I decided to give 'em a try.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:34 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,355 Likes on 826 Posts

The lines are shown in the right hand side of the picture and are stainless steel end to end with a rubber cover over a portion of the line. I probably would have preferred Goodrich lines but these were recommended to me and I decided to give 'em a try.
Those lines just look long enough to go to the hardline disconnect, won't reach the caliper. You are still going to have fun with the caliper removal to change pads.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:13 PM
Jgarvish
Instructor

Well I'm happy to report that my setup seems to be a great upgrade for my GT4. In addition, it was great to run with kyrocks (yellow GT4) and electronmike (red GT4). In addition, there was a silver GT4 with the license plate "labels" who was great to run with as well but I never had a chance to say hello to. Of course there were lots of other non-GT4s out there who made the event I was at fantastic including the organizer, MVP Tracktime and everyone in garage #9.

I'm linking a video below where I was running with a prior generation GT3 at COTA the driver I've known for a long time and he is a slightly better driver than me just so you have a frame of reference. As you will see from the video below I was hanging onto him but was maybe just a little slower (traffic seemed to repeatedly help me hang onto his rear bumper by slowing him down). In addition, if you have seen ShakeNBake's video with a similar setup to mine you will see how it's really done as he is running about 7 seconds faster than me but my videos will give you more of a frame of reference for the average driver. I ran a 2:35 on stock setup with Cup2 tires. With this new setup I got down to just under 2:32 and was pretty happy with the setup overall. There was still a little understeer but overall the car was very neutral and very controllable. I was running 36 hot tire pressure all around and my alignment specs are listed above. No rubbing at all and reasonably good tire wear.

I have to say thanks to Joe at ATX Autosport and Brian from Competition Motorsports as everything worked out flawless despite all my worrying (and bothering them both). Any questions don't hesitate to ask. I love this car!

Before:

After:

Quick Reply: Forgeline GA1R Wheels and Hoosier R7 tires