Thanks.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:11 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 953 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by STALKER99
Do the camber plates add and NVH?

Thanks.
AP said the struts used bearings, so while on most cars you might experience an increase in NVH, probably not in the GT4. I'll know in a couple weeks since I'm adding camber plates to get increase to -3.5.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:05 PM
myBailey07
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
AP said the struts used bearings, so while on most cars you might experience an increase in NVH, probably not in the GT4. I'll know in a couple weeks since I'm adding camber plates to get increase to -3.5.
You going to stay with the adjustable bushings, or are you going to switch to the actual adjustable thrust arms as well?
Old 03-11-2016, 02:21 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 953 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by myBailey07
You going to stay with the adjustable bushings, or are you going to switch to the actual adjustable thrust arms as well?
No, they are 600 bucks....not unless Collin needs them. I didn't need to do this on the RS either. They are easier to work with, and replace another bushing with a spherical....so definitely merits. I would use the 600 for springs at this point.
Old 03-11-2016, 02:41 PM
Tarett Engineering
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Do the camber plates add and NVH?

Thanks.
The stock GT4 camber plates already have monoball bushings in them. The difference is that our plates move the top of the strut inboard for additional camber. Also, the top of the spring is supported exactly the same between the GT4 and Tarett designs, so there will be no difference in NVH.

Ira

www.Tarett.com | Sales@Tarett.com | 858.674.5573

Check out our new Suspension Package Designer

Old 03-11-2016, 03:18 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 225 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarett Engineering
The stock GT4 camber plates already have monoball bushings in them. The difference is that our plates move the top of the strut inboard for additional camber. Also, the top of the spring is supported exactly the same between the GT4 and Tarett designs, so there will be no difference in NVH.

Ira
Ira,
Have you guys thought about putting out this package to RL members, I'm sure many of us would get it.

Perhaps a GB???
Old 03-12-2016, 02:44 PM
Tarett Engineering
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Ira,
Have you guys thought about putting out this package to RL members, I'm sure many of us would get it.

Perhaps a GB???
Yes, we are finishing up some GT4 suspension kits and have been considering a GB package. The kits will be similar to our 981 packages and will include toe links, front tie rods, thrust arm bushings, LAC monoballs, front and rear drop links, and our new front camber plates, to name a few things. Those seam to be very popular upgrades for GT4s so far. What do you think would be nice to have in a basic group buy package?

Ira

Ira
Old 03-12-2016, 02:52 PM
doborder
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, we are finishing up some GT4 suspension kits and have been considering a GB package. The kits will be similar to our 981 packages and will include toe links, front tie rods, thrust arm bushings, LAC monoballs, front and rear drop links, and our new front camber plates, to name a few things. Those seam to be very popular upgrades for GT4s so far. What do you think would be nice to have in a basic group buy package?

Ira

Ira
I think brake caliper studs and bracket studs would be a good package.
I think mooty has all of the above already lol
I am now listening to those guys and amassing a large number of boxes of car parts without a car to install on lol
Old 03-14-2016, 12:06 PM
asamhall
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ira

Ira
Ira,
Could you do a Basic Suspension GB for:
Toe link
Locking PLate Kit
Tie Rod with Bum steer
Thrust Arm Bushing kit

I think that would give a majority of us the ability to get more negative camber for track purposes with the minimum number of parts.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:14 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 225 Likes on 146 Posts

I'd rather just add the camber plates as well to allow full freedom to adjust the front and get the best geometry.

Quick Reply: Forgeline GA1R Wheels and Hoosier R7 tires