Sponsored by: APR

NY-TriState area GT4 drive (photos)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 06:51 PM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 2WheelsRBetter
That's beautiful. Please confirm - did you go with the "Platinim Satin" wheels? Any thoughts about the silver wheels with GT Silver?
It's a tough call. We had a bunch of GT4s together and I have to admit (when clean) I LOVED the "pop" of the silver wheels against the GT Silver paint compared to the platinum which is a near match for the GT Silver paint.

BUT

I have platinum wheels on my white GT4 for a reason...the brake dust...the silver wheels will end up platinum anyways after 1 drive...so if brake dust bothers you, or you don't feel like cleaning the wheels all the time the platinum is the way to go.

If you do go for the silver I cannot recommend Ceramic Pro Wheel and Caliper enough. I am blown away by the Ceramic Pro product line and have Ceramic Pro 9h + Light on my S4, Light on top of my XPEL Ultimate full wrap on the GT4 and Wheel and Caliper on the GT4's wheels/calipers (and when I get new wheels for the S4 I will do the same to it!). Really helps prevent the dust from adhering in the first place and what does wipes off so easily you don't even need a brush or power washer...just a garden hose will do.

Now that I am typing this aualexa2 I am curious to see what happens when break dust embeds itself in the soft plastidip coating....how will you wash it out without using chemicals or power washer that will take off the dip?
Old 12-31-2015, 06:59 PM
aualexa2
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Jenner
Now that I am typing this aualexa2 I am curious to see what happens when break dust embeds itself in the soft plastidip coating....how will you wash it out without using chemicals or power washer that will take off the dip?
Will try Brake Dust Pro. It is what the guys from dipyourcar.com recommend.
Old 12-31-2015, 07:46 PM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

LOL! Hope you like your car smelling like sulfur/rotten eggs! You've been warned!
Old 01-01-2016, 02:43 PM
aualexa2
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

Snapped some pics before a short, eventful drive. Met a CT State Trooper who luckily turned out to be very nice, but I'll save that story for another time. Here's the finished product of my plastidipped wheels.
Attached Images   
Old 01-01-2016, 03:25 PM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

That looks soooo good! Great job, can't wait to see in person.

Matching wing tips next! Maybe stop by AA and see if Alex can color match the wheels with vinyl on the wing tips? Still reversible and might look better on the body than dip? Just an idea that popped into my head.
Old 01-01-2016, 04:38 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Looking good. You might've given some ideas to those that wanted black wheels on their GT4...
Old 01-01-2016, 08:21 PM
orclean1
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

Wheels look great , now that you have the experience next meet you can do mine or we can do a swap LOL LOL

Quick Reply: NY-TriState area GT4 drive (photos)