Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

NY-TriState area GT4 drive (photos)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 09:30 AM
Mr. F1 Fan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a real way to wrap up end of fall!
Great shots and especially cool with that many cars.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:41 AM
2WheelsRBetter
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

Is that Agate Grey Metallic on the darker GT4? I'm configuring a GT4 now - well I'm pretty much done and the order is in, but I've still got a few days to tweak the build if I want. I love the grey, but I'm a bit nervous about AGM's tendency to show a little "brown" hues in certain light. It looks great in your photos. You do a wonderful job of capturing the colors of all those cars. I'm still agonizing over color. I'd like something with "legs," i.e., something that'll have longevity and appeal over time, but while I think the bright colors are fantastic, my personal style tends toward the more muted shades.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:23 AM
GT4VR
Instructor

Originally Posted by 2WheelsRBetter
Is that Agate Grey Metallic on the darker GT4? I'm configuring a GT4 now - well I'm pretty much done and the order is in, but I've still got a few days to tweak the build if I want. I love the grey, but I'm a bit nervous about AGM's tendency to show a little "brown" hues in certain light. It looks great in your photos. You do a wonderful job of capturing the colors of all those cars. I'm still agonizing over color. I'd like something with "legs," i.e., something that'll have longevity and appeal over time, but while I think the bright colors are fantastic, my personal style tends toward the more muted shades.
Yeah it's agate grey and what I ordered - almost entirely based on pictures like those by PistolPete and on the configurator (dangerous I know).

I've only seen the color once in person I believe (my buddy's GT3), but theoretically I don't have a problem with brown hues. I think a metallic brown is an under-appreciated and definitely under-represented color in the car world.

It's more mature and less fun-loving than the blues, reds, and yellows for sure, but I think serious colors balance the underlying, inherent emotion of the GT4 well.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:06 AM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 43 Posts

Wow, you sir, know what you're doing with a camera! Great pics !
Old 12-22-2015, 11:27 AM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Yes my car is Agate Grey. Please take a look at my Flicker album for more photos of it under various lighting conditions. What I've discovered is that under full sun, photos will show a brown hue but for some reason my eye doesn't pick up on that in real life. https://flic.kr/s/aHskkgaa2K
Originally Posted by k997
Wow, you sir, know what you're doing with a camera! Great pics !
Thank you!

Last edited by PistolPete; 12-22-2015 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:19 PM
9elheven
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Yes, PistolPete's pix are outstanding! I thought he was a professional photog and was surprised to learn he worked at something else, when he COULD be lensing beautiful supermodels! Well, I a way, I guess he is...
Old 12-22-2015, 02:43 PM
RareAir
Instructor

Originally Posted by PistolPete
Yes my car is Agate Grey. Please take a look at my Flicker album to move photos of it under various lighting conditions. What I've discovered is that under full sun, photos will show a brown hue but for some reason my eye doesn't pick up on that in real life.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskkgaa2K

Thank you!
Thanks for the link to your most excellent album. This pic in particular pushed me to make the decision to change from Race Yellow to Agate Grey:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pistol...0113/lightbox/

Old 12-22-2015, 03:42 PM
2WheelsRBetter
Instructor

Originally Posted by PistolPete
Yes my car is Agate Grey. Please take a look at my Flicker album for more photos of it under various lighting conditions. What I've discovered is that under full sun, photos will show a brown hue but for some reason my eye doesn't pick up on that in real life.
Fantastic. Thank you very much - I'm sincerely grateful for you sharing these photos with me. You've confirmed my choice of Agate Grey Metallic.

At the risk of hijacking your tread, how do you like the CF bucket seats? I find them extremely attractive and I'm certain they are the cat's meow for track use. But alas, I will not have ready access to a track and I've read in a review that "one may not want to be in them longer than a couple hours." My brand ambassador shared similar with me while configuring the car. I'll be driving it as much as I possibly can, but realistically it'll be on extended road trips, so thus far I've configured with the 18-way adjustable sport seats.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:32 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by RareAir
Thanks for the link to your most excellent album. This pic in particular pushed me to make the decision to change from Race Yellow to Agate Grey:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pistol...0113/lightbox/

Haha, I wish I could get a commission from Porsche for promoting that color!

Fantastic. Thank you very much - I'm sincerely grateful for you sharing these photos with me. You've confirmed my choice of Agate Grey Metallic.

At the risk of hijacking your tread, how do you like the CF bucket seats? I find them extremely attractive and I'm certain they are the cat's meow for track use. But alas, I will not have ready access to a track and I've read in a review that "one may not want to be in them longer than a couple hours." My brand ambassador shared similar with me while configuring the car. I'll be driving it as much as I possibly can, but realistically it'll be on extended road trips, so thus far I've configured with the 18-way adjustable sport seats.
You're very welcome.

The seat situation is highly dependent on your body shape and size. I'm skinny enough that I don't find the seats restrictive at all, however my 6'5" 240 lbs friend will disagree with that statement probably!

Besides the height and stiffness of the thigh bolsters, keep in mind that there will be less padding on this seat.

On most extended road trips, I would hope you would stop and stretch every two hours or so because any longer sitting in a fixed position won't be good for anyone no matter the seats.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:05 AM
2WheelsRBetter
Instructor

Originally Posted by aualexa2
With people asking about GT silver, I thought it would be worth it to show how the color changes depending upon lighting. Here are two pics
That's beautiful. Please confirm - did you go with the "Platinim Satin" wheels? Any thoughts about the silver wheels with GT Silver?
Old 12-31-2015, 08:56 AM
aualexa2
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 30 Posts

That's beautiful. Please confirm - did you go with the "Platinim Satin" wheels? Any thoughts about the silver wheels with GT Silver?
Yes, they are platinum satin. I love them. It's funny you asked this though because I got the itch yesterday and decided to change things up a bit. Here's a teaser.
Attached Images   
Old 12-31-2015, 09:31 AM
GT4VR
Instructor

Yes, they are platinum satin. I love them. It's funny you asked this though because I got the itch yesterday and decided to change things up a bit. Here's a teaser.
I like it! Look forward to seeing the whole thing.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:06 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,463 Likes on 764 Posts

I think I would like it better with black center caps with the Porsche emblem
Old 12-31-2015, 01:57 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 172 Likes on 100 Posts

997.2 GT3 RS status!

It doesn't count unless you get red mirror caps and red rear-spoiler ends, though!
Old 12-31-2015, 02:12 PM
aualexa2
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferrarisimo
997.2 GT3 RS status!

It doesn't count unless you get red mirror caps and red rear-spoiler ends, though!
The wheels are Plastidipped and I did the spoiler ends too. I finished the spoiler with the glossifier, but it left a lot of orange peel. I liked the look, but not the texture, so I took it off the wing for now. I'll probably re-do it at some point. I was also thinking about doing the black plastic part of the side view mirrors, but I don't know how well plastidip will stick to it. Btw...plastidip is awesome stuff. Easy to apply and if you don't like it, you can peel it right off. I was hesitant to try it, but figured why not!?

Im waiting for the driver's side wheels to finish drying now. Will hopefully have some pics in good lighting by tomorrow. I'm open to suggestions for additional highlights that I could add to the car. My wife's suggestion was polka dots!

Quick Reply: NY-TriState area GT4 drive (photos)