Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

LWB Alternatives - What fits?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017 | 01:46 PM
pvgolfer
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I can confirm that the Recaro Profi SPG and (larger) Profi XL fit fine in the GT4. I don't have any picts handy, but the seats work out well in the car. I evaluated several options for mounting the Recaros and ended up using a new Brey Krause bracket which uses the standard OEM sliders for the 981/991 cars.

One thing worth noting is that I could not find any option that provided an aftermarket sliding seat option which was as low as the OEM carbon LWBS. My Recaro setup puts me about 1/2" higher than the LWBS seat height. I like sitting low in the car... almost like that last pict that Katmeho provided in his post above ^^^ - LOL... Also note that no one has found a way to turn off the airbag light.

I'm happy with my current Recaro setup and would even consider selling my LWBS (platinum stitching) if they are still going for $$$$. PM me if interested.
Old 04-07-2017 | 07:58 PM
2fnquik
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you, very helpful!
Old 04-13-2017 | 07:44 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 228 Likes on 131 Posts

This seat looks like it might be just the ticket for those people using the car on the road and track. Cobra Nogaro. Designed to work with 3 points. The big obvious downside is this doesn't look too compatible with a harness to me.

http://www.cobraseats.com/nogaro.asp

Available in GRP and carbon back. Here it is shown next to a Sparco SPX.

Old 05-27-2021 | 06:30 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 897 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by morefun
Seems that turning off the airbag light may not be so easy as prior generations where you just went in with PWIS and turned it off. Has anybody found the secret and want to share?
Any info here?
Old 11-26-2023 | 06:50 PM
dwonda
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

So far we only have 2 confirmed choices, that don’t have halos. Is that correct?

Quick Reply: LWB Alternatives - What fits?