https://www.tillett.co.uk/shop/default.asp
Old 12-01-2015 | 12:53 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 612 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by katmeho
Cool, thanks. So the Sparco Pro ADV measures out at 630mm at its widest and it has a slight rub. BGB, is the rub just tiny cosmetic or is it a major, cant close the door issue?

Thanks in advance.
The rub is very minor. You don't have an issue closing the door. It's cosmetic but we like to disclose everything possible!

Based on Wing max width, I think the following will fit...and accommodate those of us that have hips.

Sparco Ergo Large
Sparco Evo II USA
Recaro Profi SPG XL
Recaro Pro Racer SPG XL (610mm wings, about as big as we can go I think)
Racetech RT-1000
Racetech RT-4009WHR

Im sort of curious about the Ergo given the need for street usage in my car. I see some people have good experiences with them on RL once they have the right fit.
The Ergo is our 2nd most popular seat given the removable halo which makes life easier when pulling out from a stop sign onto a crowded 2-way street.

Originally Posted by bk_911
If people have aftermarket set ups post pics!
While not a GT4, it's a 981, I have photos of the most recent 981 track car we built here.

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...wer-370-a.html
Old 12-01-2015 | 01:21 PM
katmeho
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports

The Ergo is our 2nd most popular seat given the removable halo which makes life easier when pulling out from a stop sign onto a crowded 2-way street.
Have you got it to fit? Looking at the specs, it will hit the roofline of the GT4 as its pretty tall.
Old 12-01-2015 | 01:24 PM
katmeho
Pro

GMG has confirmed that the Racetech RT4009HR fits. they have a shot of it in a 981 too.
Old 12-01-2015 | 04:15 PM
bk_911
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
The rub is very minor. You don't have an issue closing the door. It's cosmetic but we like to disclose everything possible!The Ergo is our 2nd most popular seat given the removable halo which makes life easier when pulling out from a stop sign onto a crowded 2-way street.While not a GT4, it's a 981, I have photos of the most recent 981 track car we built here.

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...wer-370-a.html
I lost track of the threads but I think I saw in another thread having the aftermarket seat causes the car to throw errors right? Or can you change some properties in the car's computer to account for non-porsche seats?

Lastly does anyone know what such mods do to the warranty coverage of the car?
Old 12-01-2015 | 05:29 PM
katmeho
Pro

I lost track of the threads but I think I saw in another thread having the aftermarket seat causes the car to throw errors right? Or can you change some properties in the car's computer to account for non-porsche seats?

Lastly does anyone know what such mods do to the warranty coverage of the car?
You have to either address or deal with the airbag light and/or the passenger occupancy sensor. This is the case with any non Porsche seat. Seems there are varying degrees of comfort people have in being able to do that. Some old school ways are to fool the wiring to thinking all is good, others want to code it out in the ECU...not sure what the right answer is.

No idea on warranty. If I have issues and Porsche wants to get snippy with me I will pull up my original order with their LWB cancellation and tell them to shove it.
Old 12-01-2015 | 05:33 PM
Sebaflex
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would be nice if these Status seats would fit. You can order them in leather and with custom stitching t match the interior. I think they would look great on a street car.

Old 12-01-2015 | 06:35 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 612 Likes on 274 Posts

Have you got it to fit? Looking at the specs, it will hit the roofline of the GT4 as its pretty tall.
It depends on the size you pic; the small is less than the 36.5" height of the PRO ADV, which we know works. the medium is a tick taller and the large is nearly 4" taller.
Old 12-01-2015 | 06:52 PM
katmeho
Pro

I was thinking the Large, but Im not 100% sure. You wouldnt happen to have the max sizing that the GT4 can accommodate? If you did, I will build a matrix of what fits...
Old 12-01-2015 | 09:35 PM
katmeho
Pro

Started to build a fitment matrix based on the seats that I wanted information on. I normalized the measurements (vendor supplied numbers) into inches so that we can tell the differences between the units. With that data normalized, we can make assumptions based on the seats that people have indeed got to fit in the GT4. Using the Sparco Pro ADV (proven good by BGB) as a baseline for example, we know that all seats that are shorter than that seat are good to go, etc etc.

I included the total seat height, the max width of the seat (wings) and the front width which as mooty pointed out can drag on the transmission housing if its too wide in front while you try to move the seat forward. I also put in the internal hip measurement as a matter of sanity given my experiences of putting in stints and then wanting to escape a car after 40 minutes in the too tight for but fat butt seat. Sadly, this doesn't really solve my problem, I kinda need to see if 14.57 inches is wide enough for street and track driving. If anyone has a Evo II US, I'd love to test it.

I'm happy to add more seats to this spreadsheet if people would benefit from it. Send me the data and Ill post updates on the original post.

To hell with the LWB fiasco, data solves all challenges.

Old 02-29-2016 | 08:49 PM
bk_911
Rennlist Member

Did you get your seats installed yet?
Old 02-29-2016 | 09:03 PM
katmeho
Pro

Did you get your seats installed yet?
Sadly no, just got all the parts needed into the shop last Friday. Headed to Laguna this week so I dont have enough time to get the install done. Shop is taking the car next Monday to do the work and prep it for the GGR PCA weekend on the 12th, thats going to be the debut of the seats.
Old 02-29-2016 | 09:39 PM
bk_911
Rennlist Member

Sadly no, just got all the parts needed into the shop last Friday. Headed to Laguna this week so I dont have enough time to get the install done. Shop is taking the car next Monday to do the work and prep it for the GGR PCA weekend on the 12th, thats going to be the debut of the seats.
Awesome! I'm stoked for you.
Old 02-29-2016 | 09:56 PM
dntlvet
Pro

So we all know the deal with LWBs, some of us out there now need alternatives.

Turns out that fitment is a BIG issue with the aftermarket seats...but I cant find anyone who has the total max width that the car will permit and still close the doors without any other trim modifications. Rumor is that the Recaro Sportster CS will fit with a 517 mm width. But a Pro Racer SPG will not fit with a width of 610 mm. So for those of you out there with seat experience, please post seat models that you have fit into the car without issue.

Thanks in advance.

Edit - Adding Seats that are confirmed to fit
  • Recaro Profi SPG
  • Sparco Evo
  • Sparco Pro ADV
  • Racetech RT4009HR (fit to 981 chasis)
So we all know the deal with LWBs, some of us out there now need alternatives. What is the deal with the LWB seats???? I very much like my LWBS in my 991 GT3 >>>>> What is the worry about these seats in the GT4???
Old 02-29-2016 | 09:57 PM
GRCaymanR
Rennlist Member

Would the folding carbon buckets from a cayman r fit?

Quick Reply: LWB Alternatives - What fits?