Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Hey, Any Texas GT4 Owners In Here?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 03:06 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 958 Likes on 554 Posts

Don't know if it was somebody here, but I was asked for a ride a couple times and I had to decline because I was having the limp mode issue and didn't know if we would get stranded on track or something worse. My apologies though.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:30 PM
Texshooter
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great event at COTA with BMW group. I only ran Friday, but had a little noise in the front end and didn't want to push my luck. I'll be back for more events there. Great to meet the other Texas GT4 owners and use the cars. My thanks to all involved especially BlackRain who got me doing pretty well in the final track time.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:20 AM
Jgarvish
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, the Texas Trifecta was a great event this past weekend at COTA! Having so many GT4s out there really made running in the heat well worth it. I also got to use my new Cantrell bar (and sub-bars) and Schroth harnesses and was super excited about how everything performed.

Before the end of the weekend I would also put my 29th heat cycle on my Hoosier R7s and while they probably don't have much left in them now I was surprised to be running 2:32s even on Sunday afternoon. Maybe the claims of increased longevity of R7s over the R6s is true after-all. Thanks to the owner of the silver 997.2 GT3 in the video linked below for pulling me along at a decent clip despite the heat.

It was also good to put some faces with usernames although I'm sure I'll probably mix up a few usernames and for that I apologize in advance. From those above, I appreciate the kind words and look forward to seeing y'all again real soon.

ShakeNBake: your car control is really unbelievable. Thanks so much for the ride!

myBailey07: I enjoyed running with you, thanks for letting me (just barely) hold onto your bumper.

Electron Mike: great to run with you as always and to meet your better half.

For those who'll be around next weekend at COTA, I'm going to be out on Saturday morning and am renting a Wolf prototype so don't run me over but please come by and say hello. I'll be in one of the garages.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:15 AM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Jgarvish

2016 06 17 - Garvish GT4 (following Nixon GT3) at COTA: 232.88 - YouTube

For those who'll be around next weekend at COTA, I'm going to be out on Saturday morning and am renting a Wolf prototype so don't run me over but please come by and say hello. I'll be in one of the garages.
Great lap in the heat! I'm going to try that apex through T19, I haven't been that far left of the curb.

Enjoy the run next weekend, that spaceship is quick so I'm sure it will be eye opening!
Old 06-21-2016, 09:31 AM
Jgarvish
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol... Ya, I probably cut T19 a little too much.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:07 AM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
I don't think there is going to be anything too exciting. I'll post a graph to show the difference, but it felt like power was down ~50HP in that heat and humidity.

Green trace is in spring, blue was sometime over weekend. 4 secs difference in lap-times is my estimate.
Attachment 1062979
Definitely fealt down on power, my (slower) comparison below. Green line was in May when it was much cooler, orange is this past weekend with sport headers added. About 3-4 seconds slower for me.
Attached Images  
Old 06-21-2016, 05:03 PM
myBailey07
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jgarvish
Lol... Ya, I probably cut T19 a little too much.
You have to be VERY careful of that yellow box. I just clipped it with my inside rear wheel the weekend and it caused the car to lose rear traction and come around FAST. As I counter steered into it, to the outside, the car hit the outside rumble strip which completely made it lose traction and I was only along for the ride. 360 degrees later I came to a stop on the outside of track out.

I told myself that it is good news and bad news. Good news is that I did not hit anything. Bad news is that I f*&ked up badly...

At cota, those yellow boxes are BAD news.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:15 PM
orthodx2000
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
Talking

Don't know if it was somebody here, but I was asked for a ride a couple times and I had to decline because I was having the limp mode issue and didn't know if we would get stranded on track or something worse. My apologies though.

LOL, that was me. I was in the 19 car. I was trying to get out of the way before the carousel when you came thru in ad+/ad run group 1st session.

I appreciate you not wanting me to have to walk back if we got stuck, it is a long track. I did get to see what the car can do when driven by a competent driver, thank you!

maybe next time.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:24 PM
orthodx2000
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

I came down from OKC for the BMW Trifecta. As the 1st and now one of 2 GT4's in Oklahoma, it was nice to see so many other GT4's.
Ran with Electron Mike for awhile while trying to figure out the track. Sunday learned how to avoid turn 3 altogether and go straight to 4! LOl

Seriously had a great time, nice to see so many well driven GT4's out there. Hope to run and learn from you guys again soon!!!
Old 06-21-2016, 10:04 PM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by electron mike
Great lap in the heat! I'm going to try that apex through T19, I haven't been that far left of the curb.

Enjoy the run next weekend, that spaceship is quick so I'm sure it will be eye opening!

T19 was taken way to tight in my opinion. (2:31 is bone stock Boxster Spyder - but there are others way faster than me!)
Old 06-21-2016, 10:35 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 958 Likes on 554 Posts

Originally Posted by myBailey07
You have to be VERY careful of that yellow box. I just clipped it with my inside rear wheel the weekend and it caused the car to lose rear traction and come around FAST. As I counter steered into it, to the outside, the car hit the outside rumble strip which completely made it lose traction and I was only along for the ride. 360 degrees later I came to a stop on the outside of track out.

I told myself that it is good news and bad news. Good news is that I did not hit anything. Bad news is that I f*&ked up badly...

At cota, those yellow boxes are BAD news.
The only bad news from that spin IMO is that you lost the opportunity to complete it pointing down track and keep going....like a BOSS!
Old 06-22-2016, 12:53 AM
myBailey07
Pro

The only bad news from that spin IMO is that you lost the opportunity to complete it pointing down track and keep going....like a BOSS!
Hell Yeah! Would have been a BOSS move. In reality though I cut right across the track into the pits as I had to change my pants...
Old 06-22-2016, 12:13 PM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 401 Likes on 200 Posts

wish I would have seen it - glad the car and its dad are fine!
Old 06-23-2016, 05:18 PM
Vintage72
Burning Brakes

Received 401 Likes on 200 Posts

I need vinyl numbers ASAP for Sunday at COTA. Any recommendations for an Austin shop that can cut 87 for me on short notice? Thanks.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:24 PM
myBailey07
Pro

Originally Posted by Vintage72
I need vinyl numbers ASAP for Sunday at COTA. Any recommendations for an Austin shop that can cut 87 for me on short notice? Thanks.
The local Xpel shop here in San Antonio printed me a set once. Maybe ask the Austin shop if they can. Otherwise, just use painters tape. We all do from time to time.

Quick Reply: Hey, Any Texas GT4 Owners In Here?