Sponsored by: APR

Guards Red - Freshly Detailed

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 04:31 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 246 Posts
Default Guards Red - Freshly Detailed

I picked my car up from Detailer's Domain in NJ last night. My dealer was very understanding and complied with my no-prep delivery request but I had to live with a dirty car for a few days...

I had a full new car prep done followed by Xpel Ultimate on the full front end, rockers, A-pillars, leading edge of roof, mirrors, and behind rear wheels. They finished it off with sealant. I was very happy to see her all cleaned up and shiny!

Here are a couple shots at re-delivery for your viewing pleasure:

Old 09-03-2015, 04:34 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 89 Posts

Beautiful work! Love red~
Old 09-03-2015, 04:53 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,416 Likes on 2,519 Posts

Dang! Detailers Domain is the biz, bro.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:55 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

So so nice!!!
Old 09-03-2015, 05:05 PM
marlie
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Filter

Wow love it..

Did you use a filter on the photo because it's more like carmine?
Old 09-03-2015, 05:17 PM
sdillon
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 56 Posts

I'm about to get mine in carmine red. My detailer is telling me there will be lines in the film around the center air intake up front. I want to make sure that's reality, and not a limit of what my detailer knows how to do. Does your film have lines anywhere up front?
Old 09-03-2015, 05:22 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Absolutely beautiful!

What sealant did you go for?
Old 09-03-2015, 05:38 PM
csbear
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gorgeous!!!
Old 09-03-2015, 05:39 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by marlie
Wow love it..

Did you use a filter on the photo because it's more like carmine?
Well these were shot in RAW and developed in Lightroom. I did not apply a filter per say but I did "adjust" the photo to my liking. I was not trying to capture the color perfectly but more capture the depth and gloss. Also the shady evening light condition makes the red look darker.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:47 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sdillon
I'm about to get mine in carmine red. My detailer is telling me there will be lines in the film around the center air intake up front. I want to make sure that's reality, and not a limit of what my detailer knows how to do. Does your film have lines anywhere up front?
This detailer uses pre-cut film with many wrapped edges but not all. There are some edges visible hear and there but you have to really look as they coordinate with the body lines. I think it works well on the red color. Hardly noticeable but it depends on your tolerance... I hear there are shops that can wrap every edge but that also costs a lot more.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:29 PM
sdillon
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by sonorous
This detailer uses pre-cut film with many wrapped edges but not all. There are some edges visible hear and there but you have to really look as they coordinate with the body lines. I think it works well on the red color. Hardly noticeable but it depends on your tolerance... I hear there are shops that can wrap every edge but that also costs a lot more.
Yeah, I understand about the edges. Without disassembling the front end, there will be edges along body panels. I was more worried about a line in the film going perpendicular right across a painted surface though.

Probably doesn't matter - I don't have many options where I live, and a line down in those intakes is better than the inevitable rock chips I suppose.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:21 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 240 Posts

Love it!!!!

Originally Posted by sonorous
I picked my car up from Detailer's Domain in NJ last night. My dealer was very understanding and complied with my no-prep delivery request but I had to live with a dirty car for a few days...

I had a full new car prep done followed by Xpel Ultimate on the full front end, rockers, A-pillars, leading edge of roof, mirrors, and behind rear wheels. They finished it off with sealant. I was very happy to see her all cleaned up and shiny!

Here are a couple shots at re-delivery for your viewing pleasure:

Old 09-03-2015, 08:31 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 265 Likes on 160 Posts

This is a nice shot....
Old 09-03-2015, 08:54 PM
switchface
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts

Guards...stunning as always. Beautiful!
Old 09-03-2015, 09:17 PM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sdillon
Yeah, I understand about the edges. Without disassembling the front end, there will be edges along body panels. I was more worried about a line in the film going perpendicular right across a painted surface though.

Probably doesn't matter - I don't have many options where I live, and a line down in those intakes is better than the inevitable rock chips I suppose.
I understand your question better now. I had to go inspect my car again but yes there is a seam on the lower part of the bumper. Below is a photo from the Xpel site showing the stencil for the bumper. There is one strip that is separate for the center of the lower portion. These pieces meet right at the body line on that part of the bumper and are really hard to see unless you are looking for it.

Below is a bonus shot I was just having fun with. You can see the body line that can hide the transition.

Quick Reply: Guards Red - Freshly Detailed