Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

Australian GT4s

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 04:44 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Received 238 Likes on 119 Posts

Hi guys. I have the front OEM cage but have not fitted it yet. I understand the roof lining has to come out just like the 991 GT3s (O5C4R did a good job with some marine trimming felt and I think it looks pretty good). I bought it as I didn't think Porsche would supply after the model run which I think is correct. I will fit it if I do some tarmac rallies. Seriously Snowman, do not run any tarmac event without side intrusion protection; it's just not worth the risk given those events tend to have about a 20% crash rate and even good drivers crash.
See you at Bathurst.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:37 AM
Snowman.
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't worry Warwick - I am fully aware of the dangers of Tarmac Rallies. This was my last rally in 2012 - and was the reason I started circuit racing instead. I said at the time if I had a rewind button I'd do exactly the same thing again so I figured it was time to try something new. The thing is too this was in an area that was well under 130km/hr so the restricted speed limit wouldn't have made a difference. Still - back then I was rather competitive (I did win Early Modern at Targa Tas in 2010 for example) - where as now I'd be going just to have some fun.

Oh - but FWIW I inquired about getting the front cage last week and could get it no problems.

Old 10-17-2017, 07:14 AM
O5C4R
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Factory front cage is not very intrusive other then roof liner, my after market jobbie well.....exploratory surgery would have been less intrusive
Old 10-18-2017, 12:42 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Originally Posted by Snowman.
Don't worry Warwick - I am fully aware of the dangers of Tarmac Rallies. This was my last rally in 2012 - and was the reason I started circuit racing instead. I said at the time if I had a rewind button I'd do exactly the same thing again so I figured it was time to try something new. The thing is too this was in an area that was well under 130km/hr so the restricted speed limit wouldn't have made a difference. Still - back then I was rather competitive (I did win Early Modern at Targa Tas in 2010 for example) - where as now I'd be going just to have some fun.

Oh - but FWIW I inquired about getting the front cage last week and could get it no problems.

Love the photo. You're a great driver but obviously not very good at parking.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:11 AM
O5C4R
Racer

from this it seems Tim Hendy lost 3rd again but still won the rally - pretty amazing driving

Old 10-23-2017, 06:03 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Hey Mungee. Good to meet up on Sunday and that was an outstanding lap you put it in at the end session. It would be great if you would enter the PCNSW SS series next year. A number of the competitive drivers were not there on Sunday (not a points counting event) and you would give us some great competition.The days are club days and can be a bit slow but the people are all great and no BS. I still can't get over the top speed your car can pull but given the times I've got to believe it! I think you're correct in thinking 1.42's are achievable on a good day and new tyres. I'm thinking that stiffer springs could help with that (Tarrett have a kit).
Old 10-23-2017, 07:00 AM
.dee
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Warwick Morris
Hey Mungee. Good to meet up on Sunday and that was an outstanding lap you put it in at the end session. It would be great if you would enter the PCNSW SS series next year. A number of the competitive drivers were not there on Sunday (not a points counting event) and you would give us some great competition.The days are club days and can be a bit slow but the people are all great and no BS. I still can't get over the top speed your car can pull but given the times I've got to believe it! I think you're correct in thinking 1.42's are achievable on a good day and new tyres. I'm thinking that stiffer springs could help with that (Tarrett have a kit).
i had the Tarrett spring kit in my GT4 for about a week (one track day), but as it lowers the car about an inch i couldn't go up the driveway and went back to the OE ones. the car certainly felt better with the stiffer springs on.

in any case if you want them, happy to sell them for $500.

Thanks
Old 10-24-2017, 04:32 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Originally Posted by .dee
i had the Tarrett spring kit in my GT4 for about a week (one track day), but as it lowers the car about an inch i couldn't go up the driveway and went back to the OE ones. the car certainly felt better with the stiffer springs on.

in any case if you want them, happy to sell them for $500.

Thanks
PM'd
Old 10-24-2017, 07:36 PM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Does anyone out there in Aust have a set of catted headers they don't need and want to sell? Cargraphic, Dundon etc.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:02 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Hey .dee. Thanks for sending me the springs. Can you pm or email me bank details. My contacts are on a pm.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:17 AM
.dee
Instructor

I traded the GT4 this week on a new Panamera turbo, with the replacement gearbox still 6 weeks away my GT3 will be here before then.

If anyone is interested i have a set of stock GT4 brake pads available (front & rear) used on the car for less than a week on the road only, as i ended up with with RS29's for track work.

in any case make me an offer if anyone wants them.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:27 AM
O5C4R
Racer

Sounds like you are rich enough to give them to me for free 😝

Let us us know how the turbo panamera goes
Old 10-27-2017, 07:50 AM
.dee
Instructor

Originally Posted by O5C4R
Let us us know how the turbo panamera goes
awesome daily driver, feels bigger then wife's RR, but then that part of its appeal to me at least, its one of those f*ck you cars...
Old 10-28-2017, 08:55 PM
mungee
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Warwick Morris
Thanks Warwick, was great to meet you also. Yes there is definitely a '42 in there for sure, being so close is annoying.

I might do the super sprint season next year for sure, I have contested the odd event over the years in a few differing cars. But might actually contest the whole season.

I bought front Tarrett springs (390 pounds) I think they are, but have not fitted them yet. Will help with turn and dive I feel. I also need to stiffen up my DSC about 10-15% to see if that helps also.

I want to go the light fly and short FD also as all of the above should help get very deep into the 42's or even a magically 41 potentially. The infamous gearbox is stopping me pulling the trigger though as all I am doing is waiting for the failure.

I need more camber though as 3.2 and 2.7 is not enough, outside tyre wear is showing up over inside.

I don't have my 43.05 on video, it didn't record as fate would have it, but have my 43.18 and you are in front which always helps, love hunting people down...lol.

When you fitting your springs? What rate are they?
Old 10-28-2017, 08:57 PM
mungee
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowman.

Love the photo also...A 4WD in its natural habitat

Quick Reply: Australian GT4s