Sponsored by: APR

GT4 - Sapphire Blue

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 10:40 PM
ear997s
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT4 - Sapphire Blue

Purchased my GT4 today in Maryland. Drove it home to Richmond, Virginia. What a wonderful car. It will be replacing my '11 E90 M3. Here are a few initial shots from the dealer today. So far I am very impressed with the car.

I unfortunately didn't get the LWBs, but the 18-ways proved very comfortable on the way back to Richmond. I will eventually track the car, so seating will eventually have to be addressed. The rev-matching feature while fun for the first minute or so, will never be used by me. It seems to take away from the experience of actually having a manual in my opinion. Love the engine, love the sound. Coming from the M3, I was a little concerned as far as the engine goes, but first initial impressions are very positive.

The steering wheel is love-hate. I love the small diameter and the thickness of the rim. However, the trim on the wheel spokes are plastic which to me, isn't befitting of a car at this price point. This of course, is minor, in the grand scheme of things.

Ride is firm, yet very livable. I left the shock setting in its normal position. I could easily drive this car every day with no concerns. Overall, a great first day with the car. Getting rid of the M3 will be difficult, however, I think I have found myself a keeper. It is going to be wonderful getting to know this car!

Last edited by ear997s; 08-19-2015 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:43 PM
matttheboatman
Three Wheelin'

Received 614 Likes on 236 Posts

Wow, wow, wow, wow!
Old 08-08-2015, 10:51 PM
Yellowbyrd
Advanced

Simply beautiful in Sapphire Blue. A real winner!
Old 08-08-2015, 10:54 PM
Rob VN
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beautiful

Beautiful looking car. Good luck with it.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:05 PM
csbear
Racer

Very nice! I'm going Sapphire Blue with 18 ways as well (LWBs were not available). I'll have the black wheels.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:06 PM
fishing
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, beautiful car and great pictures! Congrats and thanks for sharing!
Old 08-08-2015, 11:39 PM
987submariner
Intermediate

If you go check on the DMV/NoVA GT4 thread I posted a few shots of your car while it was stilling getting "unwrapped" at Porsche Annapolis. Mine will be arriving shortly after yours--also SBM. Looks like they moved your allocation up ahead of mine, as I specced LWBs. Hope you had a good sales experience--we've been longtime customers at that dealer and they always treat us very well. The color is, as many have pointed out, stunning. Glad I made the same choice. Enjoy your new wheels.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:46 PM
mgerber
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default GT4 - Sapphire Blue

Very nice!
Old 08-08-2015, 11:57 PM
ear997s
AutoX

Originally Posted by 987submariner
If you go check on the DMV/NoVA GT4 thread I posted a few shots of your car while it was stilling getting "unwrapped" at Porsche Annapolis. Mine will be arriving shortly after yours--also SBM. Looks like they moved your allocation up ahead of mine, as I specced LWBs. Hope you had a good sales experience--we've been longtime customers at that dealer and they always treat us very well. The color is, as many have pointed out, stunning. Glad I made the same choice. Enjoy your new wheels.

Hi there. Just saw the pictures! I had a great experience with them. Still haven't figured out why I couldn't push my allocation back to get the LWBs. However, I am happy just to have gotten a GT4. The color is absolutely stunning in person. I am very pleased with the choice. When do you expect your car?
Old 08-09-2015, 12:04 AM
987submariner
Intermediate

August build, October delivery. Glad to hear you had a good sales experience--their team is top notch. Between my folks and I we've purchased/leased 9 cars from them in the last 7 years, not including two pending GT4s (mine and my dad's, though he doesn't have an allocation, yet...).
Old 08-09-2015, 01:45 AM
Maverick1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by matttheboatman
Wow, wow, wow, wow!
This is exactly what I was thinking when I saw those pics.
WOW.
I am sooooo glad I went with Sapphire Blue. Looks amazing.
It really, really pops in the sunlight.
Are those the platinum satin wheels, I ask because they look lighter in your pics.
Enjoy.
Old 08-09-2015, 01:46 AM
e46mike
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Best color. :-) I'm biased :-)
Old 08-09-2015, 02:31 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Great color on that car...

Too bad PAG is now stitching the model designations on LWB's instead of just the crest. Seat swapping gonna be less attractive. But there's always Recaro's...

Originally Posted by ear997s
Purchased my GT4 today in Maryland. Drove it home to Richmond, Virginia. What a wonderful car. It will be replacing my '11 E90 M3. Here are a few initial shots from the dealer today. So far I am very impressed with the car.

I unfortunately didn't get the LWBs, but the 18-ways proved very comfortable on the way back to Richmond. I will eventually track the car, so seating will eventually have to be addressed. The rev-matching feature while fun for the first minute or so, will never be used by me. It seems to take away from the experience of actually having a manual in my opinion. Love the engine, love the sound. Coming from the M3, I was a little concerned as far as the engine goes, but first initial impressions are very positive.

The steering wheel is love-hate. I love the small diameter and the thickness of the rim. However, the trim on the wheel spokes are plastic which to me, isn't befitting of a car at this price point. This of course, is minor, in the grand scheme of things.

Ride is firm, yet very livable. I left the shock setting in its normal position. I could easily drive this car every day with no concerns. Overall, a great first day with the car. Getting rid of the M3 will be difficult, however, I think I have found myself a keeper. It is going to be wonderful getting to know this car!
Old 08-09-2015, 03:16 AM
MP4L
Advanced

Wow stunning, congrats :-)
These are going to be the longest two weeks in my life.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:58 AM
user1029
Drifting

Received 561 Likes on 276 Posts

gorgeous! This is going to be the longest year of my life.

Quick Reply: GT4 - Sapphire Blue