Sponsored by: APR

NY/NJ/CT Tri-State GT4 owners, check in here

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 11:11 AM
MrNurse
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
They did nice work. I saw your car at the ax the previous Sunday and again at the C&C this weekend. Definitely stands out from the rest.

Was a great turnout at PM's we had 1045 cars.
Thanks!
Which car did you bring? (Both times)
Old 04-26-2016, 11:15 AM
gtpanda
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the recommendations on shops for the xpel install. I'll give them a call and get something scheduled.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:27 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Anyone know if you can reverse the direction of the scroll wheel on the head unit/PCM? It's opposite of the usual.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:17 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,287 Posts

Originally Posted by MrNurse
Thanks!
Which car did you bring? (Both times)
I had my 93 964 C2 at Ax my son had his blue audi A3. I had the 928GTS and 94 turbo 3.6 at PM. They wouldn't let me park the GTS out front. My friend brought his K3 935. Some really nice cars there although that was far more Deloreans than I care to see in one place. I liked the way you guys all parked the GT4's together. It was a sight. I would love to get one but Cindy wants a Boxster GTS or 718. Don't think I will win the battle.

My wife was doing scoring for the first part of the AX and I was sending the cars out. Ran in fun group, first time I ax in 3 years a bit rusty only could get to a 58.6 I see you were doing quite a bit better. Need to pedal harder next time.

Sorry they are not GT4 shots.
Attached Images     
Old 04-27-2016, 02:20 AM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 212 Posts

Anyone from South Jersey area pm me or email me. Be cool to meet up
Old 04-27-2016, 12:14 PM
MrNurse
Pro

I had my 93 964 C2 at Ax my son had his blue audi A3. I had the 928GTS and 94 turbo 3.6 at PM. They wouldn't let me park the GTS out front. My friend brought his K3 935. Some really nice cars there although that was far more Deloreans than I care to see in one place. I liked the way you guys all parked the GT4's together. It was a sight. I would love to get one but Cindy wants a Boxster GTS or 718. Don't think I will win the battle.

My wife was doing scoring for the first part of the AX and I was sending the cars out. Ran in fun group, first time I ax in 3 years a bit rusty only could get to a 58.6 I see you were doing quite a bit better. Need to pedal harder next time.

Sorry they are not GT4 shots.
Ahh! When I was working one of the stations in AX I actually pointed out a few times to my lady how much I liked your 964 and how awesome it sounds. I precisely said, "that thing sounds like a jet!". I was trying to find who the owner was. I even mentioned how your son's A3 would be a good inexpensive 3rd car It did look like you were picking up the pace after the first few runs. I myself was a bit rusty and was going on only 1-2 hrs of sleep so learning the layout was difficult and I only see started to get it right in the last run as my 6th and 7th run was a DNF.

I love your turbo as well! By any chance you were the guy who came up to me mentioning Rennlist as I was leaving Paul Miller Porsche?
Old 04-27-2016, 11:29 PM
mpiazza911
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took delivery today

GT4 is here! Looking forward to enjoying it on the street/track and meeting some fellow RL's out there.

Big thanks to John Farrell from Pepe's of Larchmont for being a true professional.
Attached Images  
Old 04-27-2016, 11:33 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by mpiazza911
GT4 is here! Looking forward to enjoying it on the street/track and meeting some fellow RL's out there.

Big thanks to John Farrell from Pepe's of Larchmont for being a true professional.
Welcome! Come on out to Lime Rock with us on Saturday!

https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/9249...ay-4-30-a.html
Old 04-27-2016, 11:48 PM
MrNurse
Pro

Originally Posted by mpiazza911

Congrats man! I got mine from Karina at Larchmont Porsche as well. That parking lot is so familiar as I visited it 47282847 times.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:06 AM
mpiazza911
AutoX

Sounds like an awesome day planned, I'll let you know if I can make it
Old 04-28-2016, 09:25 AM
9elheven
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Scottykenneth, you have a PM.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:56 AM
rraustin
Instructor

Default Palmer Motorsports Park - June 16

I will be at Palmer Motorsports Park on June 16 for DE track day with Rud Motorsports. This is the day before AER racing weekend if you need practice.

I drove Palmer for the first time last year. Very fun track with incredible elevation changes. It would be great to have a few GT4's there.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...7#.VySXQ4-cGGk
Old 04-30-2016, 03:41 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MrNurse
Ahh! When I was working one of the stations in AX I actually pointed out a few times to my lady how much I liked your 964 and how awesome it sounds. I precisely said, "that thing sounds like a jet!". I was trying to find who the owner was. I even mentioned how your son's A3 would be a good inexpensive 3rd car It did look like you were picking up the pace after the first few runs. I myself was a bit rusty and was going on only 1-2 hrs of sleep so learning the layout was difficult and I only see started to get it right in the last run as my 6th and 7th run was a DNF.

I love your turbo as well! By any chance you were the guy who came up to me mentioning Rennlist as I was leaving Paul Miller Porsche?
No I don't think it was me who came up to you a the end of the day. I was loading the 935 into the trailer.

I was told my car is a bit loud it is a lot of fun and a handful but I plan on doing more AX this year. I have to instruct at the Car Control Clinic tomorrow need to get some dramamine. The A3 is a nice ride for the money it is quick and fun and he bested all the guys from the Saturday Night live crew in their S6's and other Audi's.

Originally Posted by rraustin
I will be at Palmer Motorsports Park on June 16 for DE track day with Rud Motorsports. This is the day before AER racing weekend if you need practice.

I drove Palmer for the first time last year. Very fun track with incredible elevation changes. It would be great to have a few GT4's there.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...7#.VySXQ4-cGGk
Palmer is a lot of fun but takes a long time to learn. If you can play lead follow with someone who knows the track it is best. There ar 12? out of 14 turns that are very late blind apexes. It reminds me of a large version of Shenandoah without the funky carousel. Lots of elevation change and sharp rocks but once you find the rhythm it would be a blast in a GT4. Just make sure your car is under 104db at 50 feet from track side. I had to use turn down pipes but I am running straight pipes off the turbos.
Attached Images     
Old 04-30-2016, 04:29 PM
rraustin
Instructor

Palmer is a lot of fun but takes a long time to learn. If you can play lead follow with someone who knows the track it is best. There ar 12? out of 14 turns that are very late blind apexes. It reminds me of a large version of Shenandoah without the funky carousel. Lots of elevation change and sharp rocks but once you find the rhythm it would be a blast in a GT4. Just make sure your car is under 104db at 50 feet from track side. I had to use turn down pipes but I am running straight pipes off the turbos.
From what others have said OE GT4's are hitting 100db or so. But, I have some turn-downs from Fabspeed just in case.

When you say 50 feet from track side do you know if they measure sound from inside or outside of the track? Or is it random?
Old 04-30-2016, 05:52 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rraustin
From what others have said OE GT4's are hitting 100db or so. But, I have some turn-downs from Fabspeed just in case.

When you say 50 feet from track side do you know if they measure sound from inside or outside of the track? Or is it random?
I double checked they are at 96db now. I was coming up onto turn 4 full throttle lift and they tagged me from the armco at 104db (getting forgetful) the downturns did the trick. Although I was unprepared and the locals killed me "last set in town" $70 these are usually about $8.95 each. plus clamps but they did the trick. Won't say what they look like.The track people are very nice but the locals don't care so much for the track. Similar to LRP.

Here is their site http://palmermotorsportspark.com/default.aspx you will have fun just be careful not much in the way of runoff and lots of Jersey barriers.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: NY/NJ/CT Tri-State GT4 owners, check in here