Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

GT4 - Unlocking the Power Potential!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 05:01 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Doesn't Techron work to clean off engine deposits ?
Old 02-04-2016, 05:08 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 350 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
Doesn't Techron work to clean off engine deposits ?
Chevron Techron is supposedly the best fuel system cleaner. Meaning it will clean any place where fuel touches. The problem in DFI engines is that the fuel is spraying directly into the combustion chamber,thus never reaching the valves.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:21 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
Chevron Techron is supposedly the best fuel system cleaner. Meaning it will clean any place where fuel touches. The problem in DFI engines is that the fuel is spraying directly into the combustion chamber,thus never reaching the valves.
Bummer thanks ...
Old 02-04-2016, 05:32 PM
gac1077
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
As one of only 12 people to attend our GT4 open house, you're already in the queue!
Please take my money, where do I sign up.

Last edited by gac1077; 02-04-2016 at 06:29 PM.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:36 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
That's why you perform a cleaning through the throttle body/intake manifold, and it cleans valves. Several companies offer the product/kit. It works.

Literally, spray into throttle body/intake manifold, takes usually 10 minutes, then let car idle for about 10-15 minutes. Easy peasy.

For non-DFI, it's not really needed, normal BG-44K/techron works fine. DFI needs this additional step.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:41 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gac1077
Please take my money, where do I sing up.
At the Opera!
Old 02-04-2016, 05:49 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Mvez
That's why you perform a cleaning through the throttle body/intake manifold, and it cleans valves. Several companies offer the product/kit. It works.

Literally, spray into throttle body/intake manifold, takes usually 10 minutes, then let car idle for about 10-15 minutes. Easy peasy.

For non-DFI, it's not really needed, normal BG-44K/techron works fine. DFI needs this additional step.
I'm looking forward to taking mine apart to see how to reach the engine and throttle body... How often would we need to do this work?
Old 02-04-2016, 05:55 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 350 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
I'm looking forward to taking mine apart to see how to reach the engine and throttle body... How often would we need to do this work?
Alex,as BGB has mentioned,we should probably not be concerned with this at the moment. It remains to be seen if this becomes a problem in the future.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:30 PM
gac1077
Racer

Originally Posted by gmaki
At the Opera!
thanks
Old 02-04-2016, 06:32 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gac1077
thanks
Sorry I couldn't resist. I know it was just a simple typo.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:40 PM
gac1077
Racer

Originally Posted by gmaki
Sorry I couldn't resist. I know it was just a simple typo.
Apologies not needed, it was funny. Thank you for all the work on the Database.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:43 PM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 183 Posts

BG or the similar Seafoam won't be able to remove the baked on carbon that builds up on the back of the intake valves and surrounding area, only mechanical action (walnut shell blasting, or tie wraps in a drill chuck) can do that.
This is done with the valves shut to the particular cylinder that is being cleaned, so none of this diamond hard debris can enter the piston area to cause scoring.

Last edited by d00d; 06-25-2021 at 07:10 AM.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:49 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 239 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
I didn't think posting a pic of an engine with potential carbon build up reflected on BGB or Porsche at all! The carbon buildup with DFI engines is well documented across brands, some more than others. I love this forum for how respectful it is of everybody, but sometimes the sensitivity/pd level gets a little extreme. Reputations aren't made and broken in a day, especially when vendors like this have such an incredible arbitration built up over so long. I think that picture was very useful and I hope we maintain the same level of openness and dialogue
Reputations are made and destroyed in the blink of an eye. Now introduce internet hyperbole....

We should allow this vendor thread to remain on topic and you gents can take the DFI discussion to the appropriate forum.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:47 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 600 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
Reputations are made and destroyed in the blink of an eye. Now introduce internet hyperbole.... We should allow this vendor thread to remain on topic and you gents can take the DFI discussion to the appropriate forum.
I had typed a reply 3 times that said the same thing but I didn't want to get OT. I think I do want to add that Nick became one of my new favorite forum guys given how he handled this whole thing and I will always be available to answer any inquiries for him. At the end of the day I'm concerned about a photo that came from me that preceded a bunch of concerns over DFI technology when I do everything I can to maintain my positive relationships that have allowed me to source engines and parts. That's all. Reputations may not be ruined in a day but once something is online, if read out of context, it can snowball. Forums allow the snowball to get bigger and bigger and no one knows how far it will actually roll. (Pardon my terrible analogy but you get my point.)

NOW, to get us back on topic, I had a nice long conversation with a longtime friend and tuner last night about my goals of reaching 475 crank HP and he was offended by my low expectations as to what can be really be possible. I sent him a set of 997.2 cylinder heads a year ago to have done and the results are staggering. The more time I spend on things like the X51 and the stroker the more great ideas are hatched for things like cutting edge head porting and having him make me a proprietary manifold that will allow us to fit the x51 with zero modification. With the addition of the cams he wants to make, he told me that BEFORE the displacement bump from the crank, 480 is easily possible. I honestly can't even type what he really quoted me because I don't believe it myself and you won't either.

I'm going to get some scratch off tickets with the hope of winning enough money to take off work for 30 days with no additional responsibilities BUT building a 500HP GT4. I realize I'm never going to win the power ball but i just need to pause long enough to move back to the front of Cayman HotRodding 101.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:52 AM
Beantown Kman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
I'm going to get some scratch off tickets with the hope of winning enough money to take off work for 30 days with no additional responsibilities BUT building a 500HP GT4.

Quick Reply: GT4 - Unlocking the Power Potential!