Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

PTS Confirmed

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 10:59 AM
Love2Apex
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, Eduardo, thanks for the incredible and detailed information!

Miami Blue sure does look nice, although I went with a more classic blue...

**It's official, my dealer notified me yesterday that our PTS paint was ordered!! Riviera Blue baby!!!

Who knows about build date & euro delivery schedule though...!

Old 07-14-2015, 11:23 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Thanks for the details, Eduardo.
Originally Posted by Mtechnik
Wow, Eduardo, thanks for the incredible and detailed information!

Miami Blue sure does look nice, although I went with a more classic blue...

**It's official, my dealer notified me yesterday that our PTS paint was ordered!! Riviera Blue baby!!!

Who knows about build date & euro delivery schedule though...!

You are welcome, gents!

I think no one since the 1990's has ever gone wrong ordering 'Riviera Blue' on a Porsche!

Originally Posted by JSF101
^

nice nail polish! is that a PTS approved color, hot pink?

Steve: Are you so interested in this color for your gt4 as for me to inquire on your behalf with Melissa?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-14-2015, 12:06 PM
hot-J
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I read, PTS is still open to the GT4 correct?
Old 07-14-2015, 01:10 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks Eduardo ... Great info!
Old 07-16-2015, 12:49 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
Default re: Info from 'Porsche Exclusive' in Zuffenhausen...

Originally Posted by HiWind
Thanks Eduardo ... Great info!
Thanks

Originally Posted by hot-J
From what I read, PTS is still open to the GT4 correct?
Believe so, but will double check tomorrow on my visit to 'Porsche Exclusive' in Zuffenhausen.

By the way, for anyone wanting to follow me on that visit, please go to the thread I have started on 'Visit to Porsche & Germany - July 2015' on the gt3 forum. You can find link below:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ly-2015-a.html

Here is a duplicate of the first post from that thread to give you an idea of what to expect:

Originally Posted by Z356
Dear Rennlisters:

Will try to keep it simple & concise to cover the highlights of this visit..or should I say pilgrimage. Last time I was at Zuffenhausen was in 2013 in April. That visit was covered on the following thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...a-991-gt3.html

I arrived with my wife this morning (July 15th) at Frankfurt International on a direct flight from San Francisco. Rented an Avis Mercedes A car and headed to our first location which will be our base for the next two days. It's a 'Romantik Hotel' in the town of Bietigheim.

The place we are staying is the F. Von-Schiller:

http://www.friedrich-von-schiller.co...=hotel&lang=en

After taking a brief walk around town, we prepared for our first appointment on our trip. Jürgen Barth, retired works driver and winner of Le Mans in 1977 driving a 936 with Jacky Ickx & Hurley Haywood, had invited us to dinner at his home in a nearby town (all north of Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jürgen_Barth

Surprisingly, Jürgen had also invited Michael Roock & his wife Angela to the dinner. Michael is an old friend from the 1990's that I knew when he ran a famous racing team with his brother Fabian! His team won the gt2 class at Le Mans in 1996 and Roock Racing was quite a force for a number of years in international competitive Porsche motorsport!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roock_Racing

The blonde next to me is Jürgen's French girlfriend. My wife is in this next shot:

What a fabulous start to a vacation in Germany! A lot of stories and...a lot of wine. Jürgen did all the cooking by himself. He is quite the chef! I will see him next at our home in Carmel during Rennsport V. The latter will be the occasion for his next visit to the United States!

Tomorrow will mark the first of two days of visits to Porsche in Zuffenhausen. Will keep all posted.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ly-2015-a.html

If anyone wants to follow this visit, please go to the thread above at the gt3 forum since its going to be too time consuming to duplicate same thread on this forum! Thanks

Saludos,
Eduardo
Bietigheim, Germany
Old 07-16-2015, 04:23 AM
NORTH DRIVE
Advanced

Default Grey samples

Eduardo,
Since it seems like you are the guy to talk to re PTS colours (and many other things Porsche), do you have any idea what the colour is to the right of fashion grey on the sample board?
I'm leaning towards Slate Grey (y97) but this seems lighter, less blue and more preferred. I don't want a metallic... if anyone else has any idea, that is appreciated as well.
Thanks,

Originally Posted by Z356
PTS eye training done every Monday mornings from 8 to 9 AM here on Rennlist at no extra charge!

Correct. I would think it's the First Sample on Left/Top in the photo below:

The 'Wailing Wall' of PTS was photographed by JUPJAI (Henry) during his recent visit to Zuffenhausen to pick up a PTS ''Lichtgrün' 911 Turbo S Cabriolet.

The other 'Wailing Wall' is a lot more accessible!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-17-2015, 02:39 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I think I'm about to make someone's day here, and it works out well for me too.

I'm getting my GT4 through a large Dallas dealer, and my SA just asked if I'd be willing to take an earlier build date so that another person ordering through that dealer with a different SA can get a PTS build approved. I gladly accepted since I wasn't thrilled with picking up a GT4 in the mid-December to early January timeframe anyway given the likelihood of snow/ice on the ground in Dallas during that time, and this should mean that someone else gets PTS approved. So now I have an October/November delivery timeframe and this other person should be able to get PTS. Does that someone else happen to be on RL??
Old 07-17-2015, 02:59 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jphughan

I'm getting my GT4 through a large Dallas dealer, and my SA just asked if I'd be willing to take an earlier build date so that another person ordering through that dealer with a different SA can get a PTS build approved. I gladly accepted since I wasn't thrilled with picking up a GT4 in the mid-December to early January timeframe anyway given the likelihood of snow/ice on the ground in Dallas during that time, and this should mean that someone else gets PTS approved. So now I have an October/November delivery timeframe and this other person should be able to get PTS. Does that someone else happen to be on RL??
Not me but congrat's on securing the earlier spot and kudos to you for "paying it forward".
Old 07-17-2015, 03:42 PM
Provie
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 39 Posts

It will be + 4-5 months w the PTS... So will hopefully skip the need to drive thru snow on delivery! (everybody wins)
Old 07-17-2015, 04:14 PM
csbear
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! Should give you some time to drive for sure now. North Texas had record snowfall last winter from what I recall. And it was the hottest year globally ever recorded. Crazy 2014-2015...
Old 07-17-2015, 07:34 PM
otisdog
Pro

But if that person didn't communicate to Porsche exclusive their desire to do PTS previously, they might not accept the request...info is a bit fuzzy@ this time...
Old 07-17-2015, 07:48 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Originally Posted by otisdog
But if that person didn't communicate to Porsche exclusive their desire to do PTS previously, they might not accept the request...info is a bit fuzzy@ this time...
My current build slot isn't expected to lock for another 6-10 weeks, so PTS may still be available for it.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:47 PM
br2002
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

In the blues, I like:

'Riviera Blau'
'Mexico Blau'
'Maritime Blau'
'Aetna Blau'
'Voodoo Blau'
'MeerBlau'
'Gulf Blau'
'Meissen Blau' (if approved)
'Club Blau' (PCA 60th Anniversary Coupe. A few shades off the original 1974 'Acid Blue

My dos centavos, for what it's worth.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Eduardo,

I've read a few comments about your hunch that Club Blau will be available eventually as a PTS blue. Any thoughts as to when this may become an option on the PTS list? Perhaps with your aforementioned connection to Porsche Exclusive in Atlanta you could inquire? I have a PTS GT4 on order.

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2015, 01:19 AM
bbimpreza
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That would be me. Thank you very much!! This is my 3rd shot at trying to get a PTS or LWB build. I had expressed interest to my SA when I first put the deposit down in December that I wanted PTS, but it was unsure at the time. My 1st build in July was denied LWB, so he was able to bump me to a later build. 2nd build was denied PTS, so hopefully 3rd time's the charm!!

Thanks again for being willing to take an earlier build to make my dream car come true.
Old 07-18-2015, 02:06 AM
jphughan
Drifting

Originally Posted by bbimpreza
That would be me. Thank you very much!! This is my 3rd shot at trying to get a PTS or LWB build. I had expressed interest to my SA when I first put the deposit down in December that I wanted PTS, but it was unsure at the time. My 1st build in July was denied LWB, so he was able to bump me to a later build. 2nd build was denied PTS, so hopefully 3rd time's the charm!!

Thanks again for being willing to take an earlier build to make my dream car come true.
Nice! What color are you going for? I didn't get confirmation from my SA on the swap yet, but I told her that as long as my build locks in your slot as-is, then I'm happy trading away my current slot, and since the most special thing on my build is LWBs and that debacle seems to be over, I'd be surprised if there were any problems.

Quick Reply: PTS Confirmed