Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: APR

PTS Confirmed

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 05:14 PM
Maverick1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is it just me, but I just can't see spending $5,500.00 on a custom color, when most people hold on to their cars for 3 to 5 years.
I guess maybe if you planned on keeping it for 15-20 years or life it might be worth it.
To each his own.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:22 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 260 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick1
Is it just me, but I just can't see spending $5,500.00 on a custom color, when most people hold on to their cars for 3 to 5 years.
I guess maybe if you planned on keeping it for 15-20 years or life it might be worth it.
To each his own.
Most times, you can get the cost of PTS back when you sell it, especially if its in demand. Look at 997 and 991 GT3s that are PTS, they certainly get a premium, and highly desirable. Just don't get a color that ppl will not want, or something to far out there, then I would not hesitate.

I did PTS for the GT4, went with Grey Black.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:43 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by n3rd
What color is the 6th color from the left in the top row.
This ?

If so, my guess is the new 'special color' for the 991 gt3 RS...'Ultraviolet'!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-03-2015, 06:43 PM
Tass
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by STALKER99

I did PTS for the GT4, went with Grey Black.
Grey Black is awesome, if I had the option when I placed my order I would have gone Fashion Grey
Old 07-03-2015, 07:20 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick1
To each his own.
Originally Posted by Tass
Grey Black is awesome, if I had the option when I placed my order I would have gone Fashion Grey
See, while I can kind of see spending $5500 on a custom color especially if the entire car is a splurge purchase anyway and it would really make the car that much more special to you AND you can get a good chunk of it back at resale, I have trouble imagining spending $5500 on a variant of gray or silver. Those are the two most common car colors on the road and therefore (to me) the most boring, and while I understand that not all grays and silvers are equal and I admit that I have not studied Grey Black or Fashion Gray when I've seen them in the wild, somehow I've always thought that humdrum colors like that belong only on humdrum cars. I have seen Gray Black RSes that I thought looked good though, particularly the only GT2RS I've ever seen, which also had the red side graphics, red "GT2RS" graphics on the windshield, and red wheels. Still, I can just imagine a non-enthusiast internally or maybe even outwardly rolling over with laughter at you if you told them you spent $5500 on gray for your car, but I suppose those types of examples abound in the realm of Porsche and sports cars in general.

But hey, then you've got that one shade of white whose PTS cost is double the "standard" cost, and then Liquid Metal on the 918....
Old 07-03-2015, 07:40 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 260 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Tass
I was considering Fashion Grey, Voodoo Blue, but Grey Black won in the end.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:49 PM
number 9
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Confirmed code for slate grey

I emailed Porsche Exclusive in Atlanta this week and this was the reply:

"We have actually requested information on that Geneva car before, and I can confirm it is Schiefergrau 6601 (aka Slate Grey 6601) with the paint code 615. "

Old 07-04-2015, 05:37 PM
JAMS
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

You don't say!
Old 07-04-2015, 06:57 PM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by JAMS
You don't say!
I see what you did there.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:51 PM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
This ?

If so, my guess is the new 'special color' for the 991 gt3 RS...'Ultraviolet'!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
I'm gonna love my UV when it comes in. Just wish I could do the wing struts in black. Black wheels and yellow calipers are gonna be gorgeous.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:05 PM
csbear
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dertub
I'm gonna love my UV when it comes in. Just wish I could do the wing struts in black. Black wheels and yellow calipers are gonna be gorgeous.
Can't wait to see pics of UV if you post them. Love that color! Maybe I will see you driving around when I'm down in Bethesda..
Old 07-07-2015, 10:19 AM
focal
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be happy with any colour honestly. Standard or PTS. The car is impressive enough.

The sapphire blue in the Press release in February caught my attention but immediately went to white for my v100/200. Still not locked but may go back to my first choice in SB.
Going over for a couple weeks with PTS and it really is impossible to choose. Seeing a voodoo blue and Mexican blue didn't really do much for me. The orange 911 gt3RS I saw was a knock out but know orange isn't "me".

I am torn to pick a colour that reflects my character or a popular shouting out loud colour.

Money factors in it or rather the $ value of colour. Seeing a few MINI coopers drive by recently in an interesting colour makes me question the value of PTS.

I keep saying if I want a little colour to just add colour wrap on my white gt4. Love the stripping, colour front intake and side mirror accents on some 911's.

Choosing silver up right and silver wheels on a white car. Definitely different than many have spec'd their white gt4
Old 07-07-2015, 01:16 PM
mgerber
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by focal
I will be happy with any colour honestly. Standard or PTS. The car is impressive enough.

The sapphire blue in the Press release in February caught my attention but immediately went to white for my v100/200. Still not locked but may go back to my first choice in SB.
Going over for a couple weeks with PTS and it really is impossible to choose. Seeing a voodoo blue and Mexican blue didn't really do much for me. The orange 911 gt3RS I saw was a knock out but know orange isn't "me".

I am torn to pick a colour that reflects my character or a popular shouting out loud colour.

Money factors in it or rather the $ value of colour. Seeing a few MINI coopers drive by recently in an interesting colour makes me question the value of PTS.

I keep saying if I want a little colour to just add colour wrap on my white gt4. Love the stripping, colour front intake and side mirror accents on some 911's.

Choosing silver up right and silver wheels on a white car. Definitely different than many have spec'd their white gt4
Follow your heart and get the color you want. And if you need to convince a spouse make sure you use the color as a bargaining chip I would have gone with GR but she likes the blues as you can see from her car in the avatar. So my "compromise" was the Mexico Blue as we wanted something you don't see often. You (or the two of you) will be the one(s) enjoying looking at the car from the drivers/passengers seat and in your garage. And as the GT4 is a new car in a new category, we can only guess at this point about whether or not the PTS colors will command a resale premium.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:43 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by JAMS
You don't say!

Originally Posted by mgerber
And as the GT4 is a new car in a new category, we can only guess at this point about whether or not the PTS colors will command a resale premium.
If history is a guide, it will...if you choose your PTS color wisely!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-07-2015, 01:58 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by focal
Just make sure you're aware that silver uprights are NOT polished aluminum; they're painted. I originally thought the options were polished aluminum or black powdercoated aluminum, but evidently not. The photo gallery from Motor Trend's GT4 First Drive article has a lot of great photos of a silver GT4 with the silver uprights, such as this one and this closeup. I was disappointed with the look of the silver uprights, especially since I figured if it worked on any exterior color at all, it would be silver, or black for those who don't want the murdered out look. But I saw this and wasn't thrilled, and then I saw a photo of a GR GT4 with silver supports and it looked even worse to my eye.

But I guess the painted supports will match the painted silver wheels. I wish those were polished metal as well rather than painted, but oh well. I'm going with black supports and silver wheels on DBM.

Quick Reply: PTS Confirmed