Sponsored by: APR

Dundon headers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 09:49 PM
RX2DO
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dundon headers?

I have been contemplating a set of dms headers, have read everything available, watched countless vids. My questions is for owners of gt4 w/ dms AND NO TUNE, do you get a CEL. I have a cpo warranty till 2022 and don't want the hassle should anything pop. Also anyone in south Fl willing to meet up and let me hear the car with dms or go for a ride, drinks on me afterwards.

thanks,
J
Old 11-21-2018, 12:06 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,059 Likes on 546 Posts

I have Dundon and no issues with or without a tune. A friend had the same experience.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:28 AM
polobai
Drifting

Received 1,125 Likes on 670 Posts

I dont have Dundon, but have Cargraphic race and live in South Florida-I would be willing to meet up and go for a ride. Let me know if interested or if that helps.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:42 AM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 53 Posts

Ran them very briefly without the tune and had a CEL thrown BUT I suspect that was due to the IPD plenum which I've been told will typically be the culprit.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:04 PM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by SGOGT4
Ran them very briefly without the tune and had a CEL thrown BUT I suspect that was due to the IPD plenum which I've been told will typically be the culprit.
Right, it's impossible to get a CEL with the Dundon headers due to their design, and the IPD CEL will go away after the ECU adapts.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:17 PM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 53 Posts

Interesting... any idea how long it takes to adapt? Thinking ahead to smog. Can’t have CEL. Will need to swap out the headers for stock and assume it won’t run well with the Dundon tune in stock headers so was thinking i’d Uninstall tune and then put it all back afterwards.
Old 11-22-2018, 01:18 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 370 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by SGOGT4
Interesting... any idea how long it takes to adapt? Thinking ahead to smog. Can’t have CEL. Will need to swap out the headers for stock and assume it won’t run well with the Dundon tune in stock headers so was thinking i’d Uninstall tune and then put it all back afterwards.
If you’re running our regular tune let me know, we have a tube we did for others with IPD plenum that is OK. The IPD plenum creates a CEL from unexpected air at par throttle, makes little difference at full throttle.

As far as CEL with no tune, it’s important to ensure no air leaks and keep your bolts on the flange to the stock exhaust tight.
Old 11-22-2018, 01:42 AM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 57 Posts

Im running the dundon race headers...absolutely love them. Had no CEL. but then did the tune as well later.....all is right in the world.....
Old 11-22-2018, 12:40 PM
RX2DO
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for the replies everyone. Quick question, a post above stated its "impossible" to have a cel with the way the dundons are made. I would love specifics on that is, and if so why wouldn't every race header offer the same. Lastly what kind of miles are we talking with the race headers without cel, almost all OBD emission compliance system require a "double fault" to throw a CEL.

thanks again for the help guys/gals.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:15 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 370 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by RX2DO
thanks for the replies everyone. Quick question, a post above stated its "impossible" to have a cel with the way the dundons are made. I would love specifics on that is, and if so why wouldn't every race header offer the same. Lastly what kind of miles are we talking with the race headers without cel, almost all OBD emission compliance system require a "double fault" to throw a CEL.

thanks again for the help guys/gals.
Best to contact us directly with specific questions. Many have been driving for 18-20 months with no CEL...

jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports

Quick Reply: Dundon headers?