Sponsored by: Silver Rocket

Track day vs competition

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 11:00 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 367 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by whojoemama
I’m actually getting mine from Ishringhausen and it’s arriving in February. Last batch of cars are all track day versions which in the US come with the air jacks and fire suppression system. I’m getting the competition steering wheel. Does anyone have details as to what features that has?
The competition steering wheel is a different shape than the track day. The track day has 6 buttons, and the comp has 8 which includes 2 option buttons, The comp has a quick release which the track day lacks.

For those with incoming cars, if you can get the VIN number you may be able to get access to PMRSI. You need to enter the vin and request an account. Within PMRSI you can download the tech manual which has a ton of info. If you haven't already done this. Racecar Service Information (porsche.com)
Old 02-19-2021, 02:09 PM
Chris P Lewis
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
The track day is perfect fun as a track time car to lap or club race. It has the smaller gas tank and the GT2 street car brake booster which makes transitioning from street car to track day car user friendly.

The competition car has expensive carbon fiber front fenders, splitter, bonnet and bumpers. Makes for expensive "offs".... It also has dual master brake system same as cup car. You really have to hit the pedal hard like typical race car. It takes a while to get used to it if coming from a street car.
The quick release wheel is cool in comp car. I must note that i rarely remove it and im 6ft 210 pounds. with seat all the way back you can get out fairly easy.
If anything, thr quick release wheel sticks out too far when driving. (the hub makes it almost too long).

Great to see see so many new 781 clubsport owners!
The Competition variant (at least the one which I have) is not like the carbon MR at all. Glass windows, 3 way shocks, metal fenders, hood and rear deck. Stock-ish bumper covers. 88 lb heavier then the MR, I was told.

Last edited by Chris P Lewis; 02-19-2021 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-19-2021, 02:14 PM
Chris P Lewis
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by zedcat
The competition steering wheel is a different shape than the track day. The track day has 6 buttons, and the comp has 8 which includes 2 option buttons, The comp has a quick release which the track day lacks.

For those with incoming cars, if you can get the VIN number you may be able to get access to PMRSI. You need to enter the vin and request an account. Within PMRSI you can download the tech manual which has a ton of info. If you haven't already done this. Racecar Service Information (porsche.com)
And there is a TON of update info there as well. I have updated my car that I got in October 2019. I don't know what state of updates the new cars will be in. I would ask that question of PMNA. What was the last technical bulletin that does NOT apply to your new car.
Old 02-20-2021, 03:44 AM
whojoemama
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Hex
The Clubsports on Isringhausen’s website we’re sold. As whojoemama said there are four more Trackdays coming in in February. My cars is in that shipment. They are the last four 781 Clubsports that Porsche will make. I consider myself fortunate. I am thrilled and so ready to drive this car.
mine got picked up at PMNA today and i’m getting pretty pumped up. doing livery in atlanta, then back to LA....
Old 02-23-2021, 01:40 AM
nycjwi
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How does one go about ordering one?
thx
Old 02-23-2021, 09:06 AM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 367 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by nycjwi
How does one go about ordering one?
thx
How to order a Clubsport - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

See post #6. I don't know if they are still building Clubsports though.
Old 02-23-2021, 10:15 AM
whojoemama
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 57 Posts

email Ryan Anselmo at ryan.anselmo@porschemotorsport.com or if they are sold out (very likely) send email to geoff@isringhausen.com and see what he has. he’s very easy to deal with, good guy, tlell him Joe from LA sent you...
Old 02-23-2021, 10:55 AM
zracer196
Racer

Received 167 Likes on 70 Posts

email Ryan Anselmo at ryan.anselmo@porschemotorsport.com or if they are sold out (very likely) send email to geoff@isringhausen.com and see what he has. he’s very easy to deal with, good guy, tlell him Joe from LA sent you...
I bought my CS from Geoff also...Great to deal with.
The following users liked this post:
whojoemama (02-23-2021)
Old 02-23-2021, 12:25 PM
thuggo
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 227 Posts

From what I'm told they are sold out. Basically only way to get them anymore is finding used in the US or sourcing through Karl Leonard in EMEA to get imported.

Quick Reply: Track day vs competition