Notices

Dream Racing Vegas Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 09:36 PM
BetaSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Dream Racing Vegas Speedway

I'm not sure of where to put this, how about here… Has anyone been to Vegas Speedway for the car rental program? Pros and cons company to company would be helpful, car to car even more so.
Last time I went was a while ago,a Ferrari F430 and Lamborghini Gallardo were the chosen cars. Both with F1 transmissions, and concentration on the car and track over actual shifting was fine. The Ferrari, revving it to 5000 in neutral was worth the cost in itself, beautiful! Understeer a little at the limit [surely mine, not the car's] and overall, a more fun car. The Lambo, well, didn't sound nearly as good, and I found the traction control far to intrusive…
Anyway, this time it's between the GT3 and 911GT. Ive never driven a downforce car, and in spite of being much more money, is very tempting. I'm hoping specifically for input on these two cars but will enjoy anything at all!
Thanks, Steve
Old 11-05-2016, 09:49 PM
MatthiasAK
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Steve. Hope this isn't too late, but I was recently at Dream Racing, and it is undoubtedly the best experience I've had at one of these exotic car driving experiences. Their car lineup, their track, etc... everything is better than the other big boys in this industry.

I wrote a review here...
https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...-speedway.html

As for the cars, I drove the 991 cup car when I was there. It was unbelievable. It was my first experience in a race car, and it did not disappoint. I expected it to be different than the 991 GT3 (being a race car and all), but it blew me away. It has more grip than you can imagine and was a joy to drive without any electronic nannies - more analog feeling than a 991 GT3 in the best way.

For most people, Dream Racing is probably the only time they'll ever be able to drive a cup, so I'd recommend that. That being said, I always go for 2 cars because you'll feel a bit reserved in the first. The 991 GT3 would make a great first car before the cup. There's probably only a handful of people who can say they've driven the two back to back too
Old 01-03-2017, 06:26 PM
BoulderGeek
Pro

This is good to hear.

I recently found out that I am doing a training week in Vegas, and booked a day at Dream Racing on my way out.

Being somewhat less blessed in discretionary income, I am just doing Carrera Turbo S and Cayman GTS. I have a 3.4 Cayman S, so I wanted to stay a little closer to what I had, for comparison.

If it turns out well, I can always go back for another set of more hardcore cars, or save up for Atlanta or LA Porsche experience sessions.

The day I booked, they will use the outside course, so I should get to pre-run with an instructor, as well.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:00 PM
MatthiasAK
Instructor

Originally Posted by BoulderGeek
This is good to hear.

I recently found out that I am doing a training week in Vegas, and booked a day at Dream Racing on my way out.

Being somewhat less blessed in discretionary income, I am just doing Carrera Turbo S and Cayman GTS. I have a 3.4 Cayman S, so I wanted to stay a little closer to what I had, for comparison.

If it turns out well, I can always go back for another set of more hardcore cars, or save up for Atlanta or LA Porsche experience sessions.

The day I booked, they will use the outside course, so I should get to pre-run with an instructor, as well.
Very cool! The Turbo S should be an absolute rocket on the track, and I don't think there's a better car to discover a track than a GTS. Let us know how the outside track is. Have a blast!

Quick Reply: Dream Racing Vegas Speedway