Only if he's emailing The Wolf:

Pulp Fiction: I'm sending The Wolf - YouTube
LOL just saw this.
Old 08-09-2016, 05:13 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

In meetings.

Dan, call your credit card company and ask to speak to a different rep or escalate it. Your bank cannot support deception no matter what a company's BS "policy" states.
Old 08-09-2016, 05:14 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 501 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan87951
LOL! I know right! I have no more time to devote to this. I think my point has been made on what CARiD is willing to do. It's obvious they are a deceiving and unreasonable company to deal with. They change there story to fit there own motive.

Either way the humor in this thread almost made what I'm going through worth it. Thanks fellas!

Dan
Dude, they are guaranteed to fit tho, you can't beat that can you. I mean, they keep saying that like it's a wonderful thing.
Old 08-09-2016, 05:57 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

For those who just tuned in, let's recap CarIDunno's position as they continue to refuse his refund requests:

1. "Unfortunately, we are unable to cancel the order due to the fact that these products are custom ordered, and therefore are non-cancellable, and non-returnable."

2. "Everything is in stock. It has to come from the manufacture to our main facility for the tires to be mounted and balanced."

Unreal. They clearly shouldn't be allowed to advertise here.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:08 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
In meetings.

Dan, call your credit card company and ask to speak to a different rep or escalate it. Your bank cannot support deception no matter what a company's BS "policy" states.
^^ This. Call the card provider again and calmly explain the deception and ask them to reverse the charge. AmEx bent over backwards for me last time I called them to reverse an $800 charge for a dishwasher. I had a deadline and had a new one on order from another company as soon as I saw they weren't going to make the date. Same situation--the item was "in stock", except that it totally wasn't and they were just having it drop shipped from another company and had no idea which models were on the ground ready to go.

AmEx even warned me that these companies will often rush an item into the shipping process once they've been told the order is cancelled with the expectation that you'll just keep it. They actually told me to just refuse the delivery if that happened.

FWIW, half of the products I sell are manufactured and stocked in the UK--that is, actually in stock in a warehouse owned by my company--and I couldn't get away with this kind of sloppiness.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:54 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Still no reply to my question.

Old 08-10-2016, 12:57 AM
LTCMontana
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 462 Likes on 237 Posts

Hit them where it hurts... Let's link this to other in sites like E46 fanatics and other p-car sites.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:32 AM
OEMPartHaus.com
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope you get it resolved soon!

Last edited by OEMPartHaus.com; 08-10-2016 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:56 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by OEMPartHaus.com
^People can't see this since it's a private forum.
This thread will be moved to a public, non-member area.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:13 AM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by LTCMontana
Hit them where it hurts... Let's link this to other in sites like E46 fanatics and other p-car sites.
That's the spirit! Mark's on top of this and putting it in the public area.

This thread will be moved to a public, non-member area.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:52 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Update:

CARiD called me while I was in a meeting today. When the meeting was over, I checked my email and received the below email from them. From reading the email, CARiD is placing the blame on the manufacture for the delayed ESD (Estimated Ship Date). Seems odd, as I remember being placed on hold for a few minutes why Luis made some phone calls to verify inventory. Either way CARiD has not offered to cancel the order or offer any type of concession on their part. I definitely learned a valuable lesson about reading a company’s policy before ordering.

I just wanted to extend a big thank you to Mark (moderator) as he took a genuine interest in my order with CARiD and did what he could to help me! Even though I was unable to come to a resolution with CARiD, it’s people like Mark that have your back when something goes wrong with a vendor. Mark went above and beyond of what I had expected him to. Thanks again Mark!
I'm happy to have tried but really wish I could have effected a change. I hate seeing people get screwed over. You and I have been here long enough to understand the level of trust that often exists between members, users and vendors; this is the essence of the Rennlist spirit that I have enjoyed for the past fourteen years.

“Hello Dan,

I tried calling you earlier and left a message. I wanted to contact you regarding the actual status of your wheels. The manufacture provided an incorrect ESD and we already received the front wheels and the rears are being delivered to me today. Here is the tracking from the manufacture to me showing getting delivered today.

1Z173Y1V0341989169

Once these are received I have marked your order a priority. I cant change the ESD in my system due to certain system restrictions but what that does is that it will get mounted and as quickly as possible and usually goes out with 24 – 48 hours. If you have any questions you can call me back at my extension below or you can email me back and I will call back or email back.”

Alordofchaos, yes those are the ones.

Streckfu’s, I couldn’t have said it any better!!! “Lying to customers to secure an order and then leverage a policy against that customer is BS!”

David993S, no problem!

So I sent this email since they have been emailing and calling.

Email from CARiD

"Hey Daniel,

Let me know when you free need to give you a call on the order want to go over something for you."

Email from me:

Justin,

There really isn't anything left to discuss. When I originally placed the order I was told everything was "in stock", but it wasn't! If CARiD would have been truthful with me about their inventory I would have ordered from another vendor. Instead, CARiD looked after their own best interest and deceived me into thinking everything was "in stock" so I would place the order knowing full well they could leverage their own store policy against me -- by marking the order as "custom" I forfeit my rights to cancel. How can a "in stock" item turn in to a "custom order"? If CARiD was an honorable company you would have already offered some type of concession or would have offered to cancel the order like I have requested.

Dan

Response from CARiD:

"Dan,

Everything is in stock. It has to come from the manufacture to our main facility for the tires to be mounted and balanced. I was reaching out to you because the manufacture set the ESD incorrectly and even though the wheels were on the way to us they set our ESD incorrectly. However I have received all the wheels and guaranteed a fit. Give me a call so we can go over the order and any questions you may have."

This is why I didn't bother calling. Obviously their definition of "in stock" and mine are totally different! What a complete waste of time!
carid and CARiD, your response and refusal to make this customer whole is inexcusable. Correct me if I am wrong, but CARiD advertises on over 100 different Internet Brand websites. Due to the protocol of the moderator area, I won't speak for the other mods, but the only thing I will comment on is that I am recommending that IB drop CARiD as a sponsor on all of its sites.

Before CARiD loses this advertising stream, and before this thread is moved to the public forums where a simple Google search will show the world how CARiD operates (note the tags associated at the bottom of each page of this thread), I would suggest that CARiD eat this transaction and make this customer whole.

http://www.internetbrands.com/our-brands/automotive/

http://www.internetbrandsauto.com/sites

A quick search shows the following issues for CARiD.com:

http://carid.pissedconsumer.com/

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.carid.com

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.carid.com

http://www.complaintsboard.com/carid-b117142

Dan, it's a shame you didn't realize what a ripoff CARiD.com is, but you should not have to worry if a paid Rennlist sponsor is going to deceive you. Please re-contact your credit card company to escalate the issue. Again, CARiD lied to you and forced you into a corner.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:38 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Note to self:

Do Not **** Off Mark!!!
Old 08-10-2016, 12:43 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

You and I have been here long enough to understand the level of trust that often exists between members, users and vendors.
This is what separates this forum from all the others.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:05 PM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by amber lamps
Note to self:

Do Not **** Off Mark!!!
I'm glad knowing Mark is one of the good guys and on our side!
Old 08-10-2016, 01:07 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Their silence on the matter in this thread, is deafening clear.

Quick Reply: CARiD.COM SUCKS!!!!