Notices

"Senna" the movie screening for Charity in NY 9/15

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Steve113
Rennlist Member

Received 292 Likes on 150 Posts
Default "Senna" the movie screening for Charity in NY 9/15

I thought of a great way to mix all my passions and raise money for a wonderful charity that helps out a tremendous amount of very sick children. It’s a benefit for the Starlight Foundation (like Make a Wish)
http://www.starlight.org/whoweare/

As you are all aware I have been racing for a long time and have raced in all types of events the last 23 years. I can honestly tell you the greatest day I ever had on a race track is when I had the pleasure to drive a very sick little boy around Pocono Race track. He was a remarkable 13 year old boy that I was blessed to have met and spend 2 life changing days with. He had brain Cancer and had battled very bravely with it for a long time. He was invited to the track with his family the weekend. For those two magical days he was a healthy, smiling normal boy with a smiling beautiful family. The only give away that he was sick was his iv and oxygen that had to accompany him. It was his time to shine, we started out slow and with his persuasion eventually up to 150mph. If there ever was a thing called a magic carpet well we were on it and I have to say that I feel truly blessed by my very short time with him and he and his family will always be in my heart . This is what this charity does . It helps very sick children ,their siblings and families have some wonderful moments that truly last a life time.

Please help us raise money for this amazing charity. Our screening will be 1 night September 15 at 6:00 at Grand Prix NY.

100% of the proceeds/ donations will go to the Starlight Foundation. We will have a red carpet set up for some of the Starlight kids and there families to enter on. There will also be a cocktail reception and very cool auction and a magnificent screening of “Senna”. We also need some very unique auction items . If you have anything race , automobile or unique please let me know .
Attached Images
Attached Images  
Old 07-26-2011, 06:21 PM
ClintonM3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I look forward to going to this event. The movie got very very positive reviews. Eventhough, I must admit, I was never much of a Senna fan when he was racing. More of a Mansell fan and later Damon Hill fan. I was living in Hong Kong in the late 80's, so followed the British drivers. Nevertheless,
http://www.motortrend.com/features/c...iew/index.html
Old 07-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Steve113
Rennlist Member

ClintonM3- thanks for the support . The event will raise some very needed money for this great charity. Besides the movie ( I heard its great) we will have a race simulator to play on, reception with food , great race cars on display and some very brave kids.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:11 PM
VGM911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A good cause. A good event. Good luck and the best of success to you!
Old 08-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Steve113
Rennlist Member

Thanks VGM911- our new invitation . Everyone please spread the word. We will also have some very cool cars/ race cars on display during the evening
Attached Images  
Old 08-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Steve113
Rennlist Member

Ticket sales are open please support this great charity. There will be Starlight kids at the event as well. Please buy tickets early so we can plan out seating and food

http://www.starlight-newyork.org/NYN...s/fundraising/
Old 09-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Steve113
Rennlist Member

1 Week to go

Everyone we need your support please pre purchase your tickets 100% of the proceeds from the night will be going to Starlight Childrens Foundation.
We will have a Porsche Corral for parking
Race cars and exotic cars on display
Amazing donated items in our silent auction
Senna movie
Cocktail party
Some of the most amazingly brave kids and families

Please help to make this night something very special.

One week to go please everyone pre purchase your tickets . We are expecting over 200 people and we need to plan accordingly. It will be an amazing night and I would love all of you to be a part of it.

http://www.starlight-newyork.org/NYN...s/fundraising/

Thanks everyone ,
Steve
Old 09-08-2011, 04:12 PM
DAVISRILEY
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I highly recommend everyone go and see this movie. I went twice in the last 2 weeks, it is an awesome show, and a good cause.

Quick Reply: "Senna" the movie screening for Charity in NY 9/15