Notices

Are electric impact Drivers any good?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 05:27 PM
James-man
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are not in a huge hurry - lug nuts that don't want to budge usually loosen nicely with a breaker bar. I break mine before jacking. Then any old device will do the trick for removing and reinstalling lug nuts/bolts. You probablly want to do your final torque with a manual torque wrench anyhow.

If you are in a huge hurry - you must be racing. I don't think any electric items are permitted in the pits at races where fuel changes occur. If you are looking at Big Money, might as well go air.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:35 PM
amaist
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by James-man
If you are not in a huge hurry - lug nuts that don't want to budge usually loosen nicely with a breaker bar. I break mine before jacking. Then any old device will do the trick for removing and reinstalling lug nuts/bolts. You probablly want to do your final torque with a manual torque wrench anyhow.

If you are in a huge hurry - you must be racing. I don't think any electric items are permitted in the pits at races where fuel changes occur. If you are looking at Big Money, might as well go air.
I may not be in a huge hurry but I don't feel like cracking nuts first, remembering to do that, doing things by hand.
I have better things to do at the end of the day like drinking beer with my friends.

My current device is this:

Yes, with the cockring.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:44 PM
James-man
Race Car

That'll do it sir!

Quick Reply: Are electric impact Drivers any good?