Notices

Trouble With PCA HQ - Germany Region Fading Away....

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 06:43 AM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 150 Likes on 81 Posts

That is really sad. It means I would never be able to move back to where I was born and stay a member in the PCA.

What do the German and other European Porsche Clubs have to offer?
Old 07-28-2004, 02:18 PM
Stef Scheepers
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nicole,
Theoretically the German clubs offer the same deal as the PCA. The only difference is that many of Germany Region's members don't speak German (which could be a bit of a problem) and are therefore left out with nowhere to go.
Even though I am not a US citizen and speak fluent German, I still preferred to join the Germany Region because they were a nice bunch of uncomplicated enthusiasts that were on my "wavelength".
And NO, I will not get off Bobbitt's case. Anybody can lead in good times, but a true leader shows his worth when things get tough. Bobbitt did the perfect ostrich trick and stuck his head in the sand until the storm went away. That is what I call a FAILED leader!
Regards
Stef
Old 07-28-2004, 08:26 PM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 150 Likes on 81 Posts

Stef: Agreed. But for those who don't speak German - most people in Germany who can afford a Porsche can also speak English very well. I am sad to hear that non-German speakers still feel left out.

What do you do at Weissach? Two of my best friends are working there...
Old 07-29-2004, 05:38 PM
Stef Scheepers
Advanced

Hi Nicole, my hangout is the Styling Studio (997/987 exterior).
Who are your 2 friends?
Regards
Stef
Old 12-19-2004, 05:52 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Well it seems that maybe things were not quite as they were presented by the National President of the PCA to the board.
PCA-GR was cancelled based on a case presented by the PCAnational President to the PCA board that insurance could not be found to insure Americans whilst participating in PCA events in Germany. This included everything from a PCA-GR barbeque to visits to the factory. The Treffen visits were mentioned in all correspondence.
Well if you read the new edition of Panorama a miracle has occurred.
Suddenly the Panorama is advertising PCA organised "Treffen" visits to the Porsche factory.
Panorama page 76 is the advert which clearly states "Includes insurance".
So do we have a miracle or something else here?
Clearly the PCA has found insurance for visits to an industrial facility where insurance premiums are extremely high.
Why did they present a case where they said they could not obtain insurance and cancelled the charter of the PCA-GR because of it?
For those of us who watched 41 years of Porsche and PCA history get washed down the drain and then to read the PCA has now insurance for Americans visiting Germany on official PCA events must ask the question;
Was the PCA-GR really cancelled because the PCA could not find insurance?
Personally I never believed this but sadly I cannot prove the real reason so will not mention it.
Ciao,
Adrian.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:01 AM
gezi999
Track Day

Hi Stef,

I am Jan from TechArt.

Was a nice meeting in November!

Can I get you opinion about our TechArt Magnum...

Do you like it?

Jan
Old 12-19-2004, 04:48 PM
*Michael.*
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well it was a bad situation, being in the PCA-GR was one of the great things I did while in Germany. I really miss living in Germany. Stef, hope you are doing well! I've found a great Miata club in the area and have been doing some auto-x and plan on doing some track events next year. I wish it was as easy here as just driving to the Nürburgring but it isn't. Did you ever pick up a Miata? I remember you saying you wanted a cheap one for beating up on the track. I've recently added some adjustable shocks and a new engine management system, 14psi of boost is nice!
Old 12-20-2004, 02:17 PM
Stef Scheepers
Advanced

Originally Posted by gezi999
Hi Stef,
I am Jan from TechArt.
Can I get you opinion about our TechArt Magnum...
Do you like it?
Jan
Hi Jan,
I am not allowed to have a public opinion in this type of situation. Due to my position within Porsche there is not a clear definition between what I say privately and what I say officially, so I have to be careful that I do not say something that can be "misunderstood".
Regards
Stef

Michael,
I've looked at a few Miatas, but have not put money on the table for one yet. The wife is not too impressed with the size of the fleet either, so I will have to park the Miata somewhere on the other side of town.
Stef
Old 12-20-2004, 02:30 PM
Stef Scheepers
Advanced

Originally Posted by Adrian
Well it seems that maybe things were not quite as they were presented by the National President of the PCA to the board.
That's the UNDERSTATEMENT of the week!
Why not call it by its name: PCA's Tom Bobbit lied in his presentation to the national board, at the least his honesty has been seriously thrown in doubt.
I quit my position as Region President and ultimately my membership of PCA because I was not prepared to serve under an arrogant person without integrity.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:30 AM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Maybe this is a bit OT, or possibly not politically corrrect. I have been a member of PCA since 83. I do not keep my Pano issues. Is it possible that someone in Germany would want them, or are the feelings so strong that it is not a good subject to bring up. ??
Old 01-07-2005, 11:29 AM
Mark Bennett
7th Gear

So this is where you all hang out...

I decided to stay a member, because I wanted the magazine...

I thought I would make a point and put "Germany Region" on the renewal form as the region I wanted to be a member of (pointless I know, but they did ask...!)

I am now a member of the "Golden Gate" region it seems...
Wonder if I will be invited to any of thier events?

I am disgusted to see that there is a "Treffen" planned after all that rubbish last year.
I also was disgusted by the letters sent in explainationl. They pointedly reffered only to American Citizens - which of course many of use are not (I guess there are probably US based members who are not American as well? Are they welcome at US based events?...)

Sorry. First post and I'm in danger of getting carried away
Old 01-07-2005, 06:54 PM
philip karas
Instructor

I was a member of the Las Vegas region, but no more. I canceled my membership after the events affecting the german region transpired and sent a letter along with the cancellation stating the reason why my membership was ended.

Quick Reply: Trouble With PCA HQ - Germany Region Fading Away....