Beware of member megafish.jk AKA Junki Lee or Jay

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2023, 02:08 PM
Bmxrams80sc
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Beware of member megafish.jk AKA Junki Lee or Jay

Hi All,

I have been a longtime Rennlist reader and follower but have not posted much, did a lot more on Pelican over the years. However, Rennlist has became an invaluable resource for the community and myself in-particular! I want to get word out about a member here that has gone by a few names in the Porsche groups

Megafish.jk
Junki Lee
Jay Lee
Timothy Tecson
Junki Tecson
Phone is 604-446-3769

I posted recently about needing some rear seats for a 997 in Carrera red...hard to to find pieces. Megafish.jk replied that he had a set and it took a little convincing to get some photos out of him but finally got a set of okay photos (first red flag). However, I decided to jump on the seats and take them. Sent the money via friend and family via Paypal as we talked on the phone and he does have quite a history on this site (which he was quick to tell me when I expressed some concern initially). This was about 20 days ago and every time I ask about weather or not they have been shipped..I get excuses or Ill do it asap this afternoon or tomorrow..etc. Did some more research and found that he was know as Junki Lee in the community in the past and is responsible for scamming many people out of money in the Porsche community for a few other scams. A quick google will bring up several other complaints. Resides in the Western Canada area.

https://www.revscene.net/forums/7176...ts-people.html

He is in fact a Porsche enthusiast and owner. Writes several posts that seem legitimate, answers questions and stays involved with the community. It is disappointing that someone in the community who seems like a Porsche guy is taking advantage of his fellow enthusiasts. I have asked for a refund and doubt I will get one..which honestly Ill admit is my fault for letting my guard down. So I own my mistake! But hope that this will pop up when someone else try's to validate a transaction with a simple google search.

Im sure there will be some on here that chime in and "know him"..but I would say if you know him and he is ligament, then tell him to refund me or send my seats.

Thanks for reading!

Miles
The following users liked this post:
Praecox (04-03-2023)
Old 01-20-2023, 12:37 PM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 476 Likes on 317 Posts

Why would you send money via friends and family to a stranger? And why do a quick google search after the fact? It sucks to get scammed (if this is a scam) but it isn’t hard to prevent that from happening.
The following 3 users liked this post by leftlane:
NA4.0 (03-31-2024), SilverSFR (04-08-2024), zachr (03-06-2023)
Old 01-21-2023, 11:15 PM
Bmxrams80sc
Intermediate

His username on here did not bring up anything on google. The Junki Lee name I later got from Paypal after the fact. That is the name that linked it together. We chatted on the phone and he was very active on here. Even mentioned that he was fine with "goods and services" if I added the fee. But regardless, I take full responsibility for how it turned out. With all my online dealings, I became too comfortable. He claims that he is not scamming but still wont give me a straight answer on if the seats have been sent, what the tracking number is, or a refund. I have urged him to prove me wrong. Thanks! Miles
Old 01-26-2023, 01:36 PM
Jeffkilly
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Why make a “Captain Obvious” reply? when the OP, knows he made a mistake.

Originally Posted by leftlane
Why would you send money via friends and family to a stranger? And why do a quick google search after the fact? It sucks to get scammed (if this is a scam) but it isn’t hard to prevent that from happening.
Why make a “Captain Obvious” reply, when the OP, already said he made a mistake. It’s called being human. Every once in a while, you let your guard down and a scammer wins. This is what scammers wait for! They are thieves and low lives and have all the time in the world! No need to add salt to the wound.
The following 4 users liked this post by Jeffkilly:
BlkTuna (04-14-2024), jms935 (02-14-2023), Kbasa (04-05-2024), lexbro (03-31-2024)
Old 02-08-2023, 08:21 PM
rds13
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bmxrams80sc
Hi All,

I have been a longtime Rennlist reader and follower but have not posted much, did a lot more on Pelican over the years. However, Rennlist has became an invaluable resource for the community and myself in-particular! I want to get word out about a member here that has gone by a few names in the Porsche groups

Megafish.jk
Junki Lee
Jay Lee
Timothy Tecson
Junki Tecson
Phone is 604-446-3769

I posted recently about needing some rear seats for a 997 in Carrera red...hard to to find pieces. Megafish.jk replied that he had a set and it took a little convincing to get some photos out of him but finally got a set of okay photos (first red flag). However, I decided to jump on the seats and take them. Sent the money via friend and family via Paypal as we talked on the phone and he does have quite a history on this site (which he was quick to tell me when I expressed some concern initially). This was about 20 days ago and every time I ask about weather or not they have been shipped..I get excuses or Ill do it asap this afternoon or tomorrow..etc. Did some more research and found that he was know as Junki Lee in the community in the past and is responsible for scamming many people out of money in the Porsche community for a few other scams. A quick google will bring up several other complaints. Resides in the Western Canada area.

https://www.revscene.net/forums/7176...ts-people.html

He is in fact a Porsche enthusiast and owner. Writes several posts that seem legitimate, answers questions and stays involved with the community. It is disappointing that someone in the community who seems like a Porsche guy is taking advantage of his fellow enthusiasts. I have asked for a refund and doubt I will get one..which honestly Ill admit is my fault for letting my guard down. So I own my mistake! But hope that this will pop up when someone else try's to validate a transaction with a simple google search.

Im sure there will be some on here that chime in and "know him"..but I would say if you know him and he is ligament, then tell him to refund me or send my seats.

Thanks for reading!

Miles
Hey man so sorry to hear about this but I also feel victim to this guy for a DSC controller I wanted to buy for my 997TT. Same situation as you where I spoke to him on the phone several times. He was very knowledgeable about the platform in general. He def made several excuses for why the DSC had not been shipped out yet. Then tells me he's going to send the money back via PayPal. I also made the mistake of sending as friends/family since he seemed so trustworthy. Def beware of this guy. I'm going to call PayPal and tell them he's a scammer for sure. So frustrating!!
Old 02-08-2023, 08:35 PM
rds13
Cruisin'

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...70UfIqKpOVKfgV
Old 02-08-2023, 10:49 PM
theophilus762
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rds13
Hey man so sorry to hear about this but I also feel victim to this guy for a DSC controller I wanted to buy for my 997TT. Same situation as you where I spoke to him on the phone several times. He was very knowledgeable about the platform in general. He def made several excuses for why the DSC had not been shipped out yet. Then tells me he's going to send the money back via PayPal. I also made the mistake of sending as friends/family since he seemed so trustworthy. Def beware of this guy. I'm going to call PayPal and tell them he's a scammer for sure. So frustrating!!
I am also awaiting an AWE switchpath exhaust for my 991.1 or a refund. My experience was similar--Junki was polite, knowledgeable, and to me seemed involved on the boards. Since sending payment, Junki has been communicative via social media, text, and tonight even a phone call to explain why he hasn't shipped anything out. However, posts like this make me anxious and frustrated to be honest. I hope he pulls through for all of us.
Old 02-09-2023, 12:19 PM
wdb
Rennlist Member

Received 1,292 Likes on 710 Posts

Originally Posted by theophilus762
I am also awaiting an AWE switchpath exhaust for my 991.1 or a refund. My experience was similar--Junki was polite, knowledgeable, and to me seemed involved on the boards. Since sending payment, Junki has been communicative via social media, text, and tonight even a phone call to explain why he hasn't shipped anything out. However, posts like this make me anxious and frustrated to be honest. I hope he pulls through for all of us.
Click the link in the post above yours. This guy is not going to be coming through for anyone, unless it's to steal from them another time.
Old 02-24-2023, 02:45 AM
SalvageTurbo
AutoX

Originally Posted by wdb
Click the link in the post above yours. This guy is not going to be coming through for anyone, unless it's to steal from them another time.
Yes anyone that has any dealing with this POS is going to be scammed. Whether it’s $50 or 100k his motive is always the same. I’ve known him for couple years and considered us friends but he only has a one track mind.
He got me for 40k which isnt the end of the world but there’s a lot of others that have been taken for small/large sums that have turned their lives upside down. One day I’ll catch him and give him a good **** kicking but he’s really good at hiding like a little bitch.
He’s been at this 10+ yrs of scams and court/police files with no real consequences. Searching his name “junki lee” will bring up alot of things.
Sorry for the rambling but it’s late and I’m running on fumes. Anybody has any questions feel free to message me.

Last edited by SalvageTurbo; 02-24-2023 at 02:35 PM.
Old 02-27-2023, 04:03 PM
zphiroz
Advanced

Is he still a Rennlist member?
Old 03-01-2023, 10:26 PM
K-Nut
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 226 Likes on 106 Posts

****ing guy scam me for PCCB disks, this time he definitely **** with wrong people !!!!!!
Old 03-01-2023, 11:14 PM
zphiroz
Advanced

Yeah. He got me too.
Old 03-02-2023, 06:57 PM
LDT
Burning Brakes

Received 531 Likes on 380 Posts

Organize a posse and head to Burnaby. Do not try to take a firearm into Canada. Strength in numbers should be sufficient! Oh, and wait for spring.
Old 03-05-2023, 11:46 AM
zphiroz
Advanced

Did you say he got you for $40K ‘which isn’t the end of the world’?

Really? That leads me to assume one of two things:

a) You and Junki Lee are either friends, or the same person.

b) $40K is a drop in the bucket. In which case…… I’m ready for you to adopt me

Originally Posted by SalvageTurbo
Yes anyone that has any dealing with this POS is going to be scammed. Whether it’s $50 or 100k his motive is always the same. I’ve known him for couple years and considered us friends but he only has a one track mind.
He got me for 40k which isnt the end of the world but there’s a lot of others that have been taken for small/large sums that have turned their lives upside down. One day I’ll catch him and give him a good **** kicking but he’s really good at hiding like a little bitch.
He’s been at this 10+ yrs of scams and court/police files with no real consequences. Searching his name “junki lee” will bring up alot of things.
Sorry for the rambling but it’s late and I’m running on fumes. Anybody has any questions feel free to message me.
Old 03-06-2023, 10:23 AM
kwgiven
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Why is he still a member of rennlist?
The following 3 users liked this post by kwgiven:
BlkTuna (04-14-2024), K-Nut (03-06-2023), zphiroz (03-06-2023)

Quick Reply: Beware of member megafish.jk AKA Junki Lee or Jay