Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 06:58 PM
Curated Content Editor
Rennlist Editor

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Default New Nike SB Dunk Sneakers Inspired by Magnus Walker's 911

New Nike SB Dunk Sneakers Inspired by Magnus Walker's 911
By Brett Foote

Nike teams up with a Porsche mega-fan to design a 911-inspired sneaker.

Old 06-24-2021, 04:58 PM
madsedan
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Where do we buy these when they go live tomorrow morning?
Old 06-25-2021, 11:19 AM
madsedan
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Well I downloaded the app, logged in and waited until they went live at 9 this morning and did everything immediately only to be told I was actually entered into a "draw" and would be notified in 24 hours if I was selected.
Immediately upon the 10 minute "draw" window closing I was notified I wasn't selected.
What.
The.
F***.

Going to be another one of those things where the only ones able to buy for $120 are the people with connections and the rest of us will be forced to pay $300-500 on the second hand market, that's ridiculous.
I'm so pissed right now I will literally never buy another pair of Nike's the rest of my life.
Old 06-25-2021, 10:51 PM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 304 Posts

Those look like garbage
Old 06-29-2021, 10:17 AM
Jasonamayes
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by madsedan
Well I downloaded the app, logged in and waited until they went live at 9 this morning and did everything immediately only to be told I was actually entered into a "draw" and would be notified in 24 hours if I was selected.
Immediately upon the 10 minute "draw" window closing I was notified I wasn't selected.
What.
The.
F***.

Going to be another one of those things where the only ones able to buy for $120 are the people with connections and the rest of us will be forced to pay $300-500 on the second hand market, that's ridiculous.
I'm so pissed right now I will literally never buy another pair of Nike's the rest of my life.
most of the new Nikes are like that on the SNKRS app unfortunately.

I enter to get every new drop and might get 1 out of 25 if I’m lucky… it’s a shame
Old 06-29-2021, 11:26 AM
Curated Content Editor
Rennlist Editor

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts

I just took a look at the resale prices for these and they're mighty steep! Yeesh! It would be lovely if Nike could make the SNKRS app actually work for the majority of customers but I've never hit on a single sneaker. Nike actually put out a set of steps you could take while on the app that over time will give you a better chance of getting a W, but why do we have to jump through hoops just to purchase a product?
Here's the link to the sneakers if anyone is wondering.
Old 06-30-2021, 09:01 PM
spnsprt
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I was a sneakerhead for a long time but the combination of being in my mid-thirties and every new release being snapped up by reseller bots has made me pass on trying to get anything I can't just walk into the store and buy. It's a weird state of affairs that everyone seems to hate besides resellers!
Old 07-06-2021, 05:15 PM
Jlewis1436
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts

Perhaps one day sneaker companies will figure out how to stop the flippers, doubt it though.

Bots and re-sellers got 98% of them. They went from $120 retail and now trending about $400 depending on size. Perhaps in a few months, if they initial hype dies, they will drop if the sales go stagnant.

Being a sneakerhead, I understand the re-sale game drives the crazy about limited release sneakers. I honestly would pay up to say $200 on a pair for these re-sale. Above that, I just can't see it IMO.

That said, I also wear all my sneakers, so have a different view of it all. Why keep them in a clear box? I bought my car to drive not sit in the garage. Same as sneakers! Wear em!!!
Old 07-06-2021, 05:21 PM
spnsprt
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I used to not really wear my sneakers but now that I'm older, the idea of owning shoes I don't wear seems too silly. Plus, when you have a lot of shoes, even when you wear them all, they all stay looking pretty new.
Old 07-06-2021, 05:31 PM
Jlewis1436
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by spnsprt
I used to not really wear my sneakers but now that I'm older, the idea of owning shoes I don't wear seems too silly. Plus, when you have a lot of shoes, even when you wear them all, they all stay looking pretty new.
I wear them all! I love haters who are like, oh they must be fakes cause no one wears them! I have a few friends who own hypercars and they drive them all, year round, rain, whatever. They drive them. I bought the sneaker because i like the look and want to wear them. If not, I could just hang a photo on the wall.The sneaker game has gotten silly when no one wears sneakers anymore.

Quick Reply: New Nike SB Dunk Sneakers Inspired by Magnus Walker's 911