For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: 993 Street/Track Car FS Added Pics and Gearing Chart

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 01:47 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 685 Likes on 485 Posts
Default 993 Street/Track Car FS Added Pics and Gearing Chart

I am reluctantley selling my 1996 993. I am the third owner of this car and have all reciepts and paperwork since new. The car has 53K on the odometer and a host of fantastic upgrades. The car runs flawlessly and is very solid and dependable.

This car is probabley one of the best street/track setups you will find, especially at this price. All carpet is in place with no cracks in the dash or any other interior blemishes.

Upgrades include: Euro Trany with Guards LSD. Tranny has some newer gears and syncros and has about $12k put into it. Tranny was gone over and refreshed when recieved from Europe. This is a fantastic upgrade which makes the car much quicker along with making 6th gear more usable.

RS LWF and clutch. This was installed with the tranny along with any other parts that would normally be replaced when you have that kind of access...throw out bearing, rear main seal, etc. Heal toeing is a dream with this setup.

RS tranny mount.

PSS9 suspension lowered to RS ride hieght.

TRG sway bars front and rear.

Sparco Evo 2 seats with sliders on both sides.

6 point harness both seats.

DAS sport rollbar.

RSR mufflers along with drilled airbox. Sounds great.

New windshield.

Gert front protection bar.

Strut tower brace.

Car is currentley riding on Cup II's with Toyo RA1's.

Car has very nice aftermarket stereo with 6 disc changer under passenger seat. I have the original factory unit as well.

I have the original seats and they are in excellent condition.

Original tool kit/owner's manuals/spare and compressor all come with car. I have ALL reciepts since new.

Car has some stone chips in the front and a small split in the rear bumper cover. Very tight and fun to drive.

Price is $30,000 firm. I read once were it wasn't a good idea to put 'firm' in an ad but I thought I would go to the bottom line and take some of the angst out of the deal.

Here is a link to a gearing chart showing the differance between the G50/20 (stock US transmission) and the quicker G50/21 (Euro) transmission.

http://members.rennlist.com/david_t/gears.htm

Attached Images
Attached Images        

Last edited by jford; 10-07-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Zmonsta
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car! Great upgrades.. Wish I had the extra funds and room in garage for this!! GLWS.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:13 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 249 Posts

Wow, that's a helluva car for a very fair price - especially given the transmission. That should go quickly .
Old 04-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh...want. Nice 993.

C.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Rip It
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

year?
Old 04-15-2010, 05:17 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks all for the kind words.

It will be hard to part with for it's incredible reliability and the tranny setup. The tranny is the one mod which will be hard to duplicate/find should I decide to get another track/street car (which I hope to do when I have more time to go to the track).
Old 04-15-2010, 07:41 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Well sorted car. Did you change to Euro gearing or short ratio like RS?
Old 04-15-2010, 07:58 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

The tranny is a Euro G50/21 with a gaurds LSD and new steel gears and syncros for, I believe, the second gear or gear set.

The tranny came from Gert at Carnewell and was refreshed by a fellow Rennlister in Chicago who added the LSD. I looked at a complete regear of my existing tranny but was looking at about $12K so I went with the swap+ my cash from a fellow lister who was putting his track car back to stock.

Had to trailer my car to Chicago from NJ to make the deal and had his race shop ..Midwest Eurosports..put in the RS cluth and flywheel while they had the tranny out. It was a long way to go but worth it. To ad to the mix, my brother bought a race prepped 951, sight unseen, from another customer of the same shop and he followed me from Chicago to Summit Point where we did our first PCA DE. It was a long trip in the 951 for my brother..no radio and teeth rattling suspension. Got to SP and my instructor shows up in a, new to him, 993 cup with Grateful Dead graphics. I found out later that I was his first student. Needless to say I bummed a passenger seat ride from him.

I was a bit younger then and sliding down the slope at amazing speed at the time.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:08 PM
guardsredcab
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

GLWS... I have a '95 with very similar mods. very fair price given the investment in mods.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:56 PM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 148 Posts

Jamie's car is very nice...good luck with sale!
Family/work/life getting in the way of speed and noise?
Old 04-17-2010, 10:27 PM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 148 Posts

bump for a good car
Old 04-18-2010, 02:32 PM
Sam N
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^+1. Seen it in person at SPR and it is quite nice. Hope to see you back soon Jamie.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:30 AM
cohare
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks like I am slowly modeling my car after yours, I could have saved a few thousand if this was for sale a last feb. Good luck with the sale!
Old 04-21-2010, 10:42 AM
Stuttgart951
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome car.

Absolutely worth the "firm" price.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:51 AM
jaholmes
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jford
The tranny is a Euro G50/21 with a gaurds LSD and new steel gears and syncros for, I believe, the second gear or gear set.

The tranny came from Gert at Carnewell and was refreshed by a fellow Rennlister in Chicago who added the LSD. I looked at a complete regear of my existing tranny but was looking at about $12K so I went with the swap+ my cash from a fellow lister who was putting his track car back to stock.

Had to trailer my car to Chicago from NJ to make the deal and had his race shop ..Midwest Eurosports..put in the RS cluth and flywheel while they had the tranny out. It was a long way to go but worth it. To ad to the mix, my brother bought a race prepped 951, sight unseen, from another customer of the same shop and he followed me from Chicago to Summit Point where we did our first PCA DE. It was a long trip in the 951 for my brother..no radio and teeth rattling suspension. Got to SP and my instructor shows up in a, new to him, 993 cup with Grateful Dead graphics. I found out later that I was his first student. Needless to say I bummed a passenger seat ride from him.

I was a bit younger then and sliding down the slope at amazing speed at the time.
Who is the fellow renlister in Chicago who did the LSD install. Was this the Eurosport guys. I would like to know a local transmission guy in chicago.

Quick Reply: For Sale: 993 Street/Track Car FS Added Pics and Gearing Chart