Events A place to announce events of interest

Triangle Area (NC) Porsche Club Saturday Cars & Coffee

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 12:39 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Triangle Area (NC) Porsche Club Saturday Cars & Coffee

If you live in the Cary/Apex/Chapel Hill/Durham area and would like to join a group of Porsche enthusiasts on Saturday morning, please let me know. You're welcome to join us every Saturday morning to enjoy a cup of coffee, meet friends and fellow PCA members, and enjoy the Porsches that are parked outside.

The location is Panera Bread on Darrington St, Cary, NC. We usually show up on Saturday morning at 8:30 am.

Thank you for your time and feedback.

Best regard,
Bob Kim
Old 12-14-2011, 02:21 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

This Saturday, we're making a change:
We're going to meet at Brier Creek's Barnes & Noble at 10am. From there, we're going to take a leisurely drive from Raleigh to Hillsborough, NC, where we will eat lunch at the Saratoga Grill on
South Churton St.

If you're interested in attending, please send me an e-mail at triangle-ad@carolinas-pca.com

Bob
Old 12-14-2011, 06:46 AM
Jeff996
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can "Nano Cell Racing" be far behind........
Old 12-14-2011, 07:44 AM
Kelsey
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Why don't you guys stop over at Jason's at Brier Creek on Saturday morning. This is where the Hurricane Region PCA meets. It would be great to meet you all. I've never understood why there are two groups in the triangle? I think that would be nice for everyone to meet. Lots go Porsches there. Thanks. Happy Holidays
Old 12-14-2011, 08:18 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Hey, Kelsey - I'll take you up on that. I'm going to be there on Saturday around 9am with a few of our Triangle-ites. We're headed to Hillsborough for lunch via the back roads, and I hope some of the Hurricane Region members will participate. It's open to anyone who's a PCA member - their spouses too.
Bob
Old 12-14-2011, 11:54 PM
Kelsey
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Just found out that we have family coming to visit so unfortunately, I won be able to make it on Saturday. However, I think that some of the folks who attend may be interested. I'll try to catchup with the triangle group the following week. I'll do a search online. Thanks. Enjoy the trip.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:28 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Default Fun Run to Hillsborough - Lunch at Saratoga Grill

We had a great time on Saturday. We left from Brier Creek - thank you to the Hurricane Region for making everyone from the Triangle Area feel welcome. Our drive took us out to Hyco Lake, and ended in Hillsborough. 9 Porsches participated in the drive, and 13 PCA members enjoyed a great lunch at the Saratoga Grill. It was a great way to spend a Saturday, and I look forward to seeing everyone soon! Happy holidays, everyone!
Bob
Attached Images      
Old 12-28-2011, 12:19 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

If anyone is interested, I'm going to be enjoying a cup of coffee at the Cary Panera this Saturday morning. The weather is supposed to be fantastic.

Bob
Old 01-09-2012, 12:12 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Our next Triangle Area PCA meeting is next Saturday, January 14th at the Panera Bakery Cafe on Darrington in Cary. Here's a link to the Panera website, where you can find detailed directions:
www.panerabread.com. We have a great list of calendar events to share with you, so I hope you can make it to the meeting.

The meeting will start at 9:00am and will be done by 10:30. But, only 15-20 minutes of it will be spent taking care of business. The rest of the time will be devoted to car talk and socializing.

Bob
Old 04-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Javerhart
1st Gear

Default THIS SAT. - Coffee and Cars @ American Tobacco

Hey all!! Come on out to American Tobacco this Saturday (4/28/12)from 8 a - 12noon! We'll meet at the very top of the South Parking Deck overlooking the Downtown Durham. The deck is located next to The Ballpark and Mellow Mushroom! Hope to see you there...we can buy coffee on site! - Jes
Old 05-21-2012, 12:11 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

New Venue for Saturday mornings!

Beginning this Saturday, I've moved the Triangle Area PCA meeting to the McDonald's at 4980 Cary Glen Blvd, Cary NC 27519. There's plenty of parking, the restaurant is very new and the coffee is great!

Why the change? The space at the previous location (Panera in Cary) was great, but the seating was always limited - even for the small gatherings that we had. It was also hard to hear and we always seemed to be blocking the flow of traffic inside the restaurant.

There is plenty of seating at the new spot, and absolutely no risk of door dings or traffic issues. The mall in which this McDonald's is located is very big and relatively empty on a Saturday morning. Also, if you're coming from Hwy 55 from Durham or Apex, it's just a turn onto Carpenter Fire Station, and you'll be there within a minute or two. If you're travelling from Hwy 540, or the Triangle Expressway, you exit at Hwy 55, and you'll be there in a couple minutes. So, it should be convenient for most people.

The second Saturday of each month is the Triangle Area PCA meeting, but you will find me or others from our club there on most Saturday mornings.

See you soon!
Bob
Old 05-26-2012, 12:45 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

In case anyone is in the area, I'll be hanging out for a cup of coffee at the McDonald's tomorrow morning from about 7:30 or 8:00 until 9:30. After that, I'm going for a drive wherever I can find a winding road for at least 2 hours. Come by if you're in the area.

Also, I have black Triangle Area Porsche hats for sale (made by Nike) for $20. All money goes to the Triangle Area PCA.

Bob
Old 06-17-2012, 06:10 AM
esam1152
3rd Gear

Default Current club meetings and info

test post thanks
Old 06-17-2012, 06:14 AM
esam1152
3rd Gear

I would like one of the hats please. How is best to get one?

Quick Reply: Triangle Area (NC) Porsche Club Saturday Cars & Coffee