Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

911_50 Euro Delivery Experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014 | 10:28 AM
gt3fantasy
Instructor

What a beautiful view, great pics, thank you for sharing, I have seen many euro delivery post, including other forums, just love em.
Old 05-28-2014 | 09:08 PM
VIC_50th
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356
Martin: Are you sure Caymans are currently being built in Zuffenhausen? My understanding was that 981 Caymans are exclusively built at Karmann in Osnabrück! That facility also builds some (but not all) Boxsters. The latter are also built in numbers at Zuffenhausen.

I must tell you that we have vicariously enjoyed your entire European Delivery through your many posts here at Rennlist. Have a safe trip home and hope to meet with you in beautiful BC in the near future!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Originally Posted by clangpap
IIRC what I was told on my tour is consistent with your understanding. I saw Boxsters on the line, but don't recall any Cayman's
Eduardo, good catch and thanks for pointing this out - if I were a betting man, I would put my money on you! I could have sworn our guide said all sports cars were built at Zuffenhausen, but on further reflection, neither my wife nor I could definitely recall seeing a Cayman on the line! There were definitely quite a few Boxsters in the mix, however.

Cheers,
Martin
Old 11-06-2014 | 07:48 AM
Ørjan
Instructor

Sorry for bumping this old thread; but I just had to thank you for the great story and compliment you on the pictures (and the _50 of course :-))
Old 11-07-2014 | 01:26 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Yes this is the best part of Rennlist, living these epic trips through your eyes! thanks
Old 11-08-2014 | 01:32 PM
VIC_50th
Rennlist Member

Wow! Thank you Ørjan for bumping my thread, and for the compliments. Today is exactly 6 months since we took delivery of the car in Leipzig and re-reading my thread brings back such great memories.

As an update, the car took 9 1/2 weeks to arrive following drop off in Stuttgart (probably longer than typical, given the tire replacement prior to shipping). Taking delivery in Canada was almost as exciting as the first time, so with European Delivery you get to experience the thrill of delivery twice! Rennlisters will be relieved to know that the side markers were swapped out with clear LEDs on the day it arrived in Victoria. It is remarkable how such a small change makes such a big difference in how the car looks. I have zero regrets in my choice of car and everyday I open the garage I still think WOW.

We have doubled the odometer reading since arriving back in Canada, including a fantastic drive along the Oregon Coast this past October. The car has now been to 10 countries (not unusual perhaps for European members, but definitely rare for North Americans). Since I have no plans to drive the car into Mexico , it will likely never reach 11.

In re-reading my thread I realized that I never posted one of our favourite pictures from our trip. This was taken at the east end of Lake Brienz on a glorious sunny day. Our drive through Switzerland was definitely one of the highlights of our trip.
Attached Images  
Old 11-09-2014 | 01:37 PM
London911
Instructor

Originally Posted by VIC_50th
Wow! Thank you Ørjan for bumping my thread, and for the compliments. Today is exactly 6 months since we took delivery of the car in Leipzig and re-reading my thread brings back such great memories. As an update, the car took 9 1/2 weeks to arrive following drop off in Stuttgart (probably longer than typical, given the tire replacement prior to shipping). Taking delivery in Canada was almost as exciting as the first time, so with European Delivery you get to experience the thrill of delivery twice! Rennlisters will be relieved to know that the side markers were swapped out with clear LEDs on the day it arrived in Victoria. It is remarkable how such a small change makes such a big difference in how the car looks. I have zero regrets in my choice of car and everyday I open the garage I still think WOW. We have doubled the odometer reading since arriving back in Canada, including a fantastic drive along the Oregon Coast this past October. The car has now been to 10 countries (not unusual perhaps for European members, but definitely rare for North Americans). Since I have no plans to drive the car into Mexico , it will likely never reach 11. In re-reading my thread I realized that I never posted one of our favourite pictures from our trip. This was taken at the east end of Lake Brienz on a glorious sunny day. Our drive through Switzerland was definitely one of the highlights of our trip.
Great picture(s) & great thread - thanks!
Old 11-14-2014 | 07:19 PM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

Great thread - thanks for sharing! Hope to do this some day!!
Old 04-06-2015 | 04:06 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Default Thank you

Thanks Martin, reading all the ED threads again - I leave next week for our ED experience.

Best,
Old 04-06-2015 | 02:57 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JUPJAI
Thanks Martin, reading all the ED threads again - I leave next week for our ED experience.

Best,
For the Macan turbo pick up I guess.

Make sure to start a new thread with lots of pics.
Old 04-07-2015 | 01:01 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

No in fact
For the 911 turbo S cab
Macan turbo so crazy booked at Leipzig just getting it shipped here now
No Euro Delivery for the Macan Turbo - don't want to wait that long

H.
Old 04-07-2015 | 01:11 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

beautiful car and beautiful trip!

did you get PDK or Stick?
Old 04-07-2015 | 01:15 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

I leave next week for our ED experience!
Henry: Best of luck. Keep us posted via Rennlist of your entire ED experience! We are very excited to see you are finally getting your 'Birch Green' Porsche!

It has been a long journey. Glad you are near the finish line!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 04-08-2015 | 02:04 AM
VIC_50th
Rennlist Member

Best,
Thanks Henry!
Hope your trip and the ED experience are as good as ours, and we are eagerly awaiting your updates and pictures of your special Turbo S Cab!

Cheers,
Martin
Old 06-06-2015 | 09:19 AM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Hi Martin,

Thanks for sharing your Leipzig experience. I am doing ED in November in Leipzig, and based on your experience, I think I made the right choice. Like you, the plan is to drop the car in Stuttgart, visit the museum and factory.

While reading through the thread, you mentioned that the windshield got hit by a rock, and you picked up a nail in the tire. Were these concerns resolved prior to picking up the car in Canada?

The reason I ask this is because we did ED on a BMW M3 (her car) back in 2011. We used it in Europe for 4 months before dropping it off to come home. During the course of use, one wheel had curb rash, the passenger door got a small door scuff, and the front lip spoiler may have hit a parking curb, all while SHE was driving... During the drop off process, they asked if there were any damaged items. When it came back to the U.S. Everything looked brand new again.

While in Munich, one of our friends had a herd of cats performing an orgy on his hood, and the entire hood was scratched. He also curbed 2 wheels, got towed, etc, and his car was also returned better than new to the U.S.

I am hoping Porsches program is the same.

Thanks again for your detailed tales of ED. Late fall can not come fast enough...

Cheers,
Joe
Old 09-20-2015 | 09:56 AM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

I just rerread this thread while preparing for a trip to Leipzig. 10 days to go... Thank you again for all of your details and suggestions.

Quick Reply: 911_50 Euro Delivery Experience