Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Delivery delays after European Delivery in Jan 2024

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2024 | 12:47 PM
jack_carls0n
Racer

Default Delivery delays after European Delivery in Jan 2024

So took delivery of 911 in Stuttgart and dropped the car on 31st Jan 2024 in Stuttgart.

Car has been sitting in Stuttgart since (I put an air tag to track it). SA has no clue when it will even get to the port. And Porsche NA has no idea either.

Anyone here who did ED in Jan 2024, any update on your car getting to US?
Old 03-24-2024 | 03:13 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Follow up with whoever you dropped the car to?

Where exactly did you drop it?

Mine was on a truck 3-4 days after being dropped in sindelfigen.
Old 03-24-2024 | 03:17 PM
Type 2
Rennlist Member

Default Delivery to US After Drop Off

Originally Posted by jack_carls0n
So took delivery of 911 in Stuttgart and dropped the car on 31st Jan 2024 in Stuttgart.

Car has been sitting in Stuttgart since (I put an air tag to track it). SA has no clue when it will even get to the port. And Porsche NA has no idea either.

OP, we are awaiting Euro Delivery for a 992.

If your car was a December 2023 build or later, it may be waiting the change out of the electrical module part (supposedly 30 minute change out once the part is available) that has delayed US bound cars both in Germany, at US ports of delivery, and at US dealers. See, 992 Forum, PORSCHE dealership and port delivery hold and its last nine to ten pages.

Our Coupe, while built in late January 2024 for a spring Euro Delivery, is not yet shown as completed as it is one the 992s that evidently has a silicone chip module which must be changed out because of silicone material obtained from NW China in violation of US custom law (roughly 992 production from Dec 4, 2023, to Feb 4, 2024). A guess is that your Euro Delivery car, if built December 4, 2023 or after, is scheduled to have the module changed out, and the module part is "not yet available." Whether it would be done in Germany (doubtful) or at your US dealer (more likely) is an open question. If you had winter tires installed you were required to drop the car at the factory in Zuffenhausen, and not Sindelfingen. So if that is the case, your car is not with the Sindelfingen shipper, but still in Zuffenhausen.

However, a module change out may not be the case for delay of shipping of your car, as for German tourist registration purposes the car must be finished or have completed production at least four weeks before hand to allow time for tourist registration and actual Euro delivery. A December build for a January 2024 delivery would have been tight. Type 2

Last edited by Type 2; 03-24-2024 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Further information
The following users liked this post:
Mike981S (03-25-2024)
Old 03-24-2024 | 04:28 PM
jack_carls0n
Racer

Originally Posted by Angryinch
Follow up with whoever you dropped the car to?

Where exactly did you drop it?

Mine was on a truck 3-4 days after being dropped in sindelfigen.
For winter delivery you can only pick up and drop from the Porsche Factory. I am guessing you dropped at Sindelfigen at a different period and your car didn't had the winter tyres?

Old 03-24-2024 | 04:30 PM
jack_carls0n
Racer

Originally Posted by Type 2
OP, we are awaiting Euro Delivery for a 992.

If your car was a December 2023 build or later, it may be waiting the change out of the electrical module part (supposedly 30 minute change out once the part is available) that has delayed US bound cars both in Germany, at US ports of delivery, and at US dealers. See, 992 Forum, PORSCHE dealership and port delivery hold and its last nine to ten pages.

Our Coupe, while built in late January 2024 for a spring Euro Delivery, is not yet shown as completed as it is one the 992s that evidently has a silicone chip module which must be changed out because of silicone material obtained from NW China in violation of US custom law (roughly 992 production from Dec 4, 2023, to Feb 4, 2024). A guess is that your Euro Delivery car, if built December 4, 2023 or after, is scheduled to have the module changed out, and the module part is "not yet available." Whether it would be done in Germany (doubtful) or at your US dealer (more likely) is an open question. If you had winter tires installed you were required to drop the car at the factory in Zuffenhausen, and not Sindelfingen. So if that is the case, your car is not with the Sindelfingen shipper, but still in Zuffenhausen.

However, a module change out may not be the case for delay of shipping of your car, as for German tourist registration purposes the car must be finished or have completed production at least four weeks before hand to allow time for tourist registration and actual Euro delivery. A December build for a January 2024 delivery would have been tight. Type 2
Yes it is in Zuffenhausen and waiting shipment, but it is still at the factory location. It hasn't moved a bit. The part will be replaced in US if needed. They won't replace the part in Germany. My car was built in Oct or 2023.

Old 03-24-2024 | 04:32 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

For winter delivery you can only pick up and drop from the Porsche Factory. I am guessing you dropped at Sindelfigen at a different period and your car didn't had the winter tyres?
Yes, my mistake, this is correct.

Did they not give you a factory or drop of rep contact?

When I dropped, they gave me the drop guys info and also the info of the shipping company so I could follow up with them.

Great that you have an airtag otherwise this would be even worse. Try get a hold of someone at the factory, that is very weird that it is sitting that long.

Old 03-24-2024 | 04:40 PM
jack_carls0n
Racer

Originally Posted by Angryinch
Yes, my mistake, this is correct.

Did they not give you a factory or drop of rep contact?

When I dropped, they gave me the drop guys info and also the info of the shipping company so I could follow up with them.

Great that you have an airtag otherwise this would be even worse. Try get a hold of someone at the factory, that is very weird that it is sitting that long.
Actually, I do have a card of a person I can reach out to.

Yeah, When I did ED before I reached out to the person in Sindelfigen directly and was much easier.
Old 03-25-2024 | 10:59 PM
jack_carls0n
Racer

Reached out to Joey, best person to deal with.

Cars are waiting for the part, and it will be replaced at Zuffenhausen and then shipped. Doesn't has a timeline.

Will update as he gets info. Will see and share updates.

The following users liked this post:
Mike981S (03-26-2024)
Old 03-26-2024 | 04:39 PM
Mooserds
Intermediate

That's a crazy long time to sit at the factory. I did a late Feb 2024 ED. I dropped it off back at the factory (Zuffenhausen) on Mar 4th. It only spent a couple days at the factory. The AirTag pinged next in Hamburg for 11 days and now it has been at the port in Emden for 4 days. Yours should be moving through the system. Mine was an Oct 2023 build. I originally received the email from Porsche saying there was the hold on my car for the electrical module replacement but a few days later I received an apology email saying the first email was sent in error. I don't know if that was because my car was not impacted by the recall or if they realized it could be delivered in Germany to me with the Chinese chip in it. I had my SA check on my car about two weeks ago and he confirmed that my car had zero open campaigns (according to him, that meant no chip issue) so it may have been fixed at the factory already. He said if my car needed the module replacement, it would take priority over any "port" cars since it was in a category indicating it was a paid customer vehicle. I hope they get you sorted out soon. There is a transport ship at the port in Emden loading now and the next one arrives for loading on the first of April (departs Emden for the US on 4-5-24).
Old 03-26-2024 | 04:49 PM
jack_carls0n
Racer

Originally Posted by Mooserds
That's a crazy long time to sit at the factory. I did a late Feb 2024 ED. I dropped it off back at the factory (Zuffenhausen) on Mar 4th. It only spent a couple days at the factory. The AirTag pinged next in Hamburg for 11 days and now it has been at the port in Emden for 4 days. Yours should be moving through the system. Mine was an Oct 2023 build. I originally received the email from Porsche saying there was the hold on my car for the electrical module replacement but a few days later I received an apology email saying the first email was sent in error. I don't know if that was because my car was not impacted by the recall or if they realized it could be delivered in Germany to me with the Chinese chip in it. I had my SA check on my car about two weeks ago and he confirmed that my car had zero open campaigns (according to him, that meant no chip issue) so it may have been fixed at the factory already. He said if my car needed the module replacement, it would take priority over any "port" cars since it was in a category indicating it was a paid customer vehicle. I hope they get you sorted out soon. There is a transport ship at the port in Emden loading now and the next one arrives for loading on the first of April (departs Emden for the US on 4-5-24).
This is great information. Thanks appreciate it. Mine is an October Build too. BTW is your vehicle headed to US or is it headed to another country.

I think for ED it was a non-issue. But to get it back to States if it has the chip, then it is an issue. I'll have to reach out to them and see what they say again. The airtag has been at this location, which looks like a storage unit for Porsche's for ED. https://maps.app.goo.gl/hvcDKcqshJqocC1H7
Has been here for since I left dropped it back.

I'll reach out to Joey and see if the module is an issue for October Build Cars too. Thanks
Old 03-26-2024 | 05:00 PM
Mooserds
Intermediate

This is great information. Thanks appreciate it. Mine is an October Build too. BTW is your vehicle headed to US or is it headed to another country.

I think for ED it was a non-issue. But to get it back to States if it has the chip, then it is an issue. I'll have to reach out to them and see what they say again. The airtag has been at this location, which looks like a storage unit for Porsche's for ED. https://maps.app.goo.gl/hvcDKcqshJqocC1H7
Has been here for since I left dropped it back.

I'll reach out to Joey and see if the module is an issue for October Build Cars too. Thanks
Happy to help. Our cars probably passed each other on the assembly line. Mine is headed to the Freeport TX port then to my Houston dealer. Have your SA run the VIN to check the status on any open campaigns. Mine said "none."
Old 03-26-2024 | 05:06 PM
jack_carls0n
Racer

Originally Posted by Mooserds
Happy to help. Our cars probably passed each other on the assembly line. Mine is headed to the Freeport TX port then to my Houston dealer. Have your SA run the VIN to check the status on any open campaigns. Mine said "none."
It most probably did. I sent the SA a message. Let's see what I hear back and sent a message to Joey too.

Is your TYD back to being active? Mine hasn't updated after delivery in Jan 2024 (ED).
My was built on 23rd Oct 2023, or completion date.

How about yours?
Old 03-26-2024 | 05:19 PM
Mooserds
Intermediate

It most probably did. I sent the SA a message. Let's see what I hear back and sent a message to Joey too.

Is your TYD back to being active? Mine hasn't updated after delivery in Jan 2024 (ED).
My was built on 23rd Oct 2023, or completion date.

How about yours?
All my tracking on the Porsche app stopped after my ED. Porsche now treats me like my car was delivered as far as the app and emails these days. Dealer (non ED) delivery guys will get ship tracking info on the app but I no longer get that page that shows production / delivery status. My SA was not sure if they would be able to determine when my 911 was on board a transport ship but he was going to check on that. I have not followed up since I am still getting AirTag pings in Germany. Sometimes several days go by without a ping as my car is sitting in a lot at the port. My completion date was Oct 19th, so really close to yours. Cheers.

Last edited by Mooserds; 03-26-2024 at 05:20 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-26-2024 | 05:49 PM
jack_carls0n
Racer

Cheers mate. Oct 19th and 23rd is pretty close.

Hopefully our cars make it to Stateside soon.

Thanks for sharing all the info. My SA got back and said there are no open campaigns on my car either. So I am guessing it got lost in the module update fiasco and ED delays.

Thanks again.
Old 04-12-2024 | 10:56 AM
Mooserds
Intermediate

Cheers mate. Oct 19th and 23rd is pretty close.

Hopefully our cars make it to Stateside soon.

Thanks for sharing all the info. My SA got back and said there are no open campaigns on my car either. So I am guessing it got lost in the module update fiasco and ED delays.

Thanks again.
Any movement on your car? Mine spent 11 days at the Hamburg port before being transferred to the Emden port. It has been at the Emden port for 3 weeks. I've watched 4 VW Group car carries load and leave for the US East/Gulf coast since my car arrived in Emden while mine has just sat at the port. The next ship doesn't arrive in Emden for 10 days and I'm not holding my breath that my car makes that one. Clearly you are waiting a lot longer than I am. Hopefully yours is on the move finally.

Quick Reply: Delivery delays after European Delivery in Jan 2024