Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Delivery delays after European Delivery in Jan 2024

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2024 | 01:37 PM
jack_carls0n
Racer

Originally Posted by Mooserds
Any movement on your car? Mine spent 11 days at the Hamburg port before being transferred to the Emden port. It has been at the Emden port for 3 weeks. I've watched 4 VW Group car carries load and leave for the US East/Gulf coast since my car arrived in Emden while mine has just sat at the port. The next ship doesn't arrive in Emden for 10 days and I'm not holding my breath that my car makes that one. Clearly you are waiting a lot longer than I am. Hopefully yours is on the move finally.
Nothing, still in Stuttgart. Reached out to PCNA who handle the ED, no info or much detail on what to expect. Only thing, was the part will get replaced in Germany, then make it is way to US. The only thing is no one knows when it will happen or what is the time line.
Old 04-18-2024 | 02:05 PM
jack_carls0n
Racer

Originally Posted by jack_carls0n
Nothing, still in Stuttgart. Reached out to PCNA who handle the ED, no info or much detail on what to expect. Only thing, was the part will get replaced in Germany, then make it is way to US. The only thing is no one knows when it will happen or what is the time line.
IT has been escalated to a different person now. Let's see what they have to say. Also the car travelled a bit to Porsche Werks 12. Maybe getting the module replaced.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/UAUaXsMhp73b4Tok8

​​​
Old 04-18-2024 | 02:47 PM
Mooserds
Intermediate

IT has been escalated to a different person now. Let's see what they have to say. Also the car travelled a bit to Porsche Werks 12. Maybe getting the module replaced.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/UAUaXsMhp73b4Tok8

​​​
Fingers crossed they have you moving again. I can't believe how long your car has been in purgatory especially since it has been fully paid for. It should have been a priority. My SA finally asked PCNA why mine was missing ship after ship while sitting at the port in Emden and PCNA said it is in a "stop delivery" status at the port so they can't load it on a ship. Likely this is because of the embargoed chip issue. They have no idea when they will get around to replacing the component at the port. They were sorry for the inconvenience but offered no escalation.
Old 04-18-2024 | 05:06 PM
jack_carls0n
Racer

Fingers crossed they have you moving again. I can't believe how long your car has been in purgatory especially since it has been fully paid for. It should have been a priority. My SA finally asked PCNA why mine was missing ship after ship while sitting at the port in Emden and PCNA said it is in a "stop delivery" status at the port so they can't load it on a ship. Likely this is because of the embargoed chip issue. They have no idea when they will get around to replacing the component at the port. They were sorry for the inconvenience but offered no escalation.
Yeah, it kinda sucks if you did European Delivery and now have to deal with additional delays like this. You paid for it too I am guessing, so it does hurt a bit. Yeah, they haven't really shared a clear message about how it is being handled.

Old 04-23-2024 | 09:02 PM
jack_carls0n
Racer

Some movement, car made it to Emden Port today. So let's see when it gets on a boat or heads out. Is your car still at Port? @Mooserds
The following users liked this post:
Mooserds (04-23-2024)
Old 04-23-2024 | 10:02 PM
Mooserds
Intermediate

Some movement, car made it to Emden Port today. So let's see when it gets on a boat or heads out. Is your car still at Port? @Mooserds
Mine is still at the port. I saw some brief movement this morning but now it’s back in the same spot it’s been sitting in at the port for 4 weeks. There is a ship that just docked this evening that heads to the east coast and eventually to TX so I’ll be watching the AirTag for any activity over the next 24 hours while they load. I still don’t know if the “stop delivery” order has been lifted and the component replaced. I hope yours makes this boat.
jack_carls0n (04-24-2024)
Old 04-24-2024 | 07:17 PM
jack_carls0n
Racer

Mine is still at the port. I saw some brief movement this morning but now it’s back in the same spot it’s been sitting in at the port for 4 weeks. There is a ship that just docked this evening that heads to the east coast and eventually to TX so I’ll be watching the AirTag for any activity over the next 24 hours while they load. I still don’t know if the “stop delivery” order has been lifted and the component replaced. I hope yours makes this boat.
Finger's crossed. Will know soon. I think the TYD gets activated again once it is on the way to US. Mine had some movement too.
Old 04-24-2024 | 10:13 PM
ADgts40
Advanced

Right there with you guys. ED in early March. Didn’t drive it. Been at the port ever since. Finally, today, I see the AirTag has moved to where it’s been to the dock where the SFL Composer just landed. Hopefully they don’t forget to offload it in Jacksonville on May 9th!

Where it has been…

Where it is now…

Here’s the ship…

Old 04-24-2024 | 11:38 PM
jack_carls0n
Racer

Originally Posted by ADgts40
Right there with you guys. ED in early March. Didn’t drive it. Been at the port ever since. Finally, today, I see the AirTag has moved to where it’s been to the dock where the SFL Composer just landed. Hopefully they don’t forget to offload it in Jacksonville on May 9th!

Where it has been…

Where it is now…

Here’s the ship…

Looks like your GT3RS just got loaded on to SFL Composer.

Cool deal. Yeah the chip replacement thing messed our deliveries for sure. Most probably your's will be Stateside before our cars.
Old 04-27-2024 | 04:41 PM
uncler711
Intermediate

I did my ED in Jan 2024 and was built completed in Nov 23. dropped off 2/2 and sat at the port for 8+ weeks. unable to track the vehicle after ED which keeps us in the dark. Finally got on the Confucius and got to port a few days ago in Jacksonville. I tried to reach out to my SA a couple days ago and he said no transport or ETA. I had a chip issue that they sent me a email for. Reached out to PCNA and they said it's still within the time frame of delivery which is 10-15 weeks after drop off. They did replace the chip somewhere along the way, but didn't tell me which location or when. I been trying to get some kind of compensation for interest paid and money paid upfront for the delay but nothing yet. Hopefully I can get the car soon at least. Seems like all of us that did ED got delayed from port and loading onto ships. Good luck to you guys.
Old 04-30-2024 | 03:26 PM
Mooserds
Intermediate

My Targa finally made it on a ship! It took 8 weeks after dropping it off in Stuttgart before it was loaded on a ship to the US. It was nice having an AirTag to at least let me know where it was sitting. Sometimes it would go 3-5 days without reporting as nobody with an iPhone was near it. Finally seeing it ping on the seawall right next to where the transport ship was moored in Emden was a great feeling. Now I'm told allow 5-7 more weeks to make it across the ocean and to the dealership.
Old 05-01-2024 | 12:19 PM
jack_carls0n
Racer

My Targa finally made it on a ship! It took 8 weeks after dropping it off in Stuttgart before it was loaded on a ship to the US. It was nice having an AirTag to at least let me know where it was sitting. Sometimes it would go 3-5 days without reporting as nobody with an iPhone was near it. Finally seeing it ping on the seawall right next to where the transport ship was moored in Emden was a great feeling. Now I'm told allow 5-7 more weeks to make it across the ocean and to the dealership.
Congrats. You will soon enjoy it.

I think ED needs some improvement (after the drop off happens). It takes forever to get the car back to stateside.
I saw mine is on the line now at one of the blocks of cars..so as you said, should be on the next ship out.
Old 05-01-2024 | 12:46 PM
Mooserds
Intermediate

Thumbs up

Congrats. You will soon enjoy it.

I think ED needs some improvement (after the drop off happens). It takes forever to get the car back to stateside.
I saw mine is on the line now at one of the blocks of cars..so as you said, should be on the next ship out.
I can't believe yours is still waiting on a ship. You dropped yours off 5 weeks before I dropped mine off. Sorry. They really dropped the ball on yours. I guess they just haven't been able to handle this chip / component replacement issue. The next ship is the Supreme Ace scheduled to arrive at Emden port around May 5th. That one does go to Baltimore and shows arrival there on May 18 (or shortly thereafter). The one mine is on does not stop in Baltimore so perhaps that is why yours was caught waiting for another carrier. Good luck Jack.
jack_carls0n (05-03-2024)
Old 05-14-2024 | 10:16 AM
jack_carls0n
Racer

I can't believe yours is still waiting on a ship. You dropped yours off 5 weeks before I dropped mine off. Sorry. They really dropped the ball on yours. I guess they just haven't been able to handle this chip / component replacement issue. The next ship is the Supreme Ace scheduled to arrive at Emden port around May 5th. That one does go to Baltimore and shows arrival there on May 18 (or shortly thereafter). The one mine is on does not stop in Baltimore so perhaps that is why yours was caught waiting for another carrier. Good luck Jack.
Looks like my GTS is on the supreme ace. It hasn't had a ping since 6th may, so as you said it left port on 6th. So fingers crossed. Hopefully once it docks in Canada, will get a ping

Getting to Baltimore is one thing. Getting to dealership after that might be another long delay!
​​​
Old 05-14-2024 | 11:04 AM
Mooserds
Intermediate

Looks like my GTS is on the supreme ace. It hasn't had a ping since 6th may, so as you said it left port on 6th. So fingers crossed. Hopefully once it docks in Canada, will get a ping

Getting to Baltimore is one thing. Getting to dealership after that might be another long delay!
​​​
Excellent news. Mine is on the ship ahead that has already stopped in Rhode Island and now it is moored in Jacksonville FL. No pings of the airtag in either location but I wasn't expecting it as its probably on a deck that hasn't had any activity since it was loaded. Mine will offload at the next stop in Freeport TX. In my tracking, I can see the ship get lighter as they offload at each port. The ship raised up .3 meters after unloading at Rhode Island. I should see it get lighter again when it departs Jacksonville. Cheers

Quick Reply: Delivery delays after European Delivery in Jan 2024