Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Anyone else waiting for a Sept-Oct ED date?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2023 | 09:54 PM
bobert75
Racer

Originally Posted by HerrDr
My Carrera T has also been sitting in Leipzig awaiting possible dates. At the moment it is looking like no new dates in October/November will open for Leipzig.
Sorry to hear this. Could you get them to just ship it to the US from there - is that an option at this point? And if it is, would you consider it?
Old 06-22-2023 | 10:27 PM
HerrDr
Pro

Originally Posted by bobert75
Sorry to hear this. Could you get them to just ship it to the US from there - is that an option at this point? And if it is, would you consider it?
Honestly I'm pretty patient. It's my first new Porsche, but not my first overall. I'm holding out for a Leipzig or Zuffenhausen cancellation and will keep my fingers crossed. Worst case, they just put it on a boat.
The following users liked this post:
magnus89 (08-01-2023)
Old 06-22-2023 | 10:55 PM
bobert75
Racer

Honestly I'm pretty patient. It's my first new Porsche, but not my first overall. I'm holding out for a Leipzig or Zuffenhausen cancellation and will keep my fingers crossed. Worst case, they just put it on a boat.
Just read about your potential Zuff/Nov delivery in the T thread. I'm with you - I am pretty patient - been waiting 3 months + 1 week so far for my Leipzig delivery, with 2 more months to go (to the day). But I think it's easier to wait when you have a date - not sure I could have handled my car being in Leipzig w/o a date. At any rate, I had a strict "end of Sept" cutoff, as I didn't want to run on winter tires and I had meticulous plans for all sorts of Alpine passes (so I could not risk fresh snow in Oct or later). I hope it works out for you - will be weird taking US delivery of a 2023 in calendar year 2024 but, hey, it's essentially the same thing with a $10k discount!
Old 06-22-2023 | 11:15 PM
HerrDr
Pro

Originally Posted by bobert75
Just read about your potential Zuff/Nov delivery in the T thread. I'm with you - I am pretty patient - been waiting 3 months + 1 week so far for my Leipzig delivery, with 2 more months to go (to the day). But I think it's easier to wait when you have a date - not sure I could have handled my car being in Leipzig w/o a date. At any rate, I had a strict "end of Sept" cutoff, as I didn't want to run on winter tires and I had meticulous plans for all sorts of Alpine passes (so I could not risk fresh snow in Oct or later). I hope it works out for you - will be weird taking US delivery of a 2023 in calendar year 2024 but, hey, it's essentially the same thing with a $10k discount!
I absolutely hear you. That "$10k discount" is very present in my mind 😂. I always put winter tires on my cars (911, Cayman, Macan, whatever I have). Sure it eliminates some options for the trip, but I'll do my best to embrace and make the best of whatever options I'm offered
Old 07-28-2023 | 02:45 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

I have a firm date for 10/16 in Zuffenhausen for my 23 911 GTS, that has been built since May. I guess I'm not alone. Glad I found this thread.
I wanted Leipzig for the track experience and then drop off in Zuffenhause/Sindelfingen but Leipzig wasn't an option. I'm seriously considering the winter tire option now (after reading through this thread). It's extra peace of mind and I really do want to do some of those passes.
HerrDr (07-28-2023)
Old 07-28-2023 | 02:56 PM
HerrDr
Pro

Originally Posted by Ikone
I have a firm date for 10/16 in Zuffenhausen for my 23 911 GTS, that has been built since May. I guess I'm not alone. Glad I found this thread.
I wanted Leipzig for the track experience and then drop off in Zuffenhause/Sindelfingen but Leipzig wasn't an option. I'm seriously considering the winter tire option now (after reading through this thread). It's extra peace of mind and I really do want to do some of those passes.
Good to hear. I am now confirmed for 10/18 with my May-built 23' Carrera T. Likewise was hoping for Leipzig for the track experience after initially being rejected for Zuffenhausen, but I'm very happy to have secured the Zuffenhausen spot!
The following 2 users liked this post by HerrDr:
bobert75 (07-28-2023), Ikone (07-28-2023)
Old 07-28-2023 | 02:59 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Good to hear. I am now confirmed for 10/18 with my May-built 23' Carrera T. Likewise was hoping for Leipzig for the track experience after initially being rejected for Zuffenhausen, but I'm very happy to have secured the Zuffenhausen spot!
Maybe I'll see you on one of the passes. I just emailed them to order the winter tires.
HerrDr (07-28-2023)
Old 07-28-2023 | 03:03 PM
Tom Loder
Rennlist Member

Good news, bad news. My delivery is confirmed for 9/11, but got moved from Leipzig to Zuffenhausen so no track experience for me.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tom Loder:
HerrDr (07-28-2023), Ikone (07-28-2023)
Old 07-28-2023 | 11:27 PM
bobert75
Racer

Glad to hear you both got confirmed dates! HerrDr is super patient - that was a long wait! Looks like I've lost the battle to be the last to take US delivery of a 2023 911 - it's down to you guys now!

Looks like all three of us are having our cars stored for around 5 months - finally just over 3 weeks left of my wait!
The following 2 users liked this post by bobert75:
HerrDr (07-29-2023), Ikone (07-28-2023)
Old 07-28-2023 | 11:31 PM
bobert75
Racer

Originally Posted by Tom Loder
Good news, bad news. My delivery is confirmed for 9/11, but got moved from Leipzig to Zuffenhausen so no track experience for me.
Well at least you can tour the factory line where your car was built - factory tours are open again that week (either that week or the week before that). I wanted Zuff ED but could only get Leipzig - plus the Zuff factory tour is not available during my ED timeframe (Aug 22 pickup).
Old 07-29-2023 | 10:46 AM
Vignesdd
Intermediate

Just got confirmation that with the scorpion tires no need for winter tires
Old 07-29-2023 | 03:52 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Vignesdd
Just got confirmation that with the scorpion tires no need for winter tires
For the Dakar? That would make sense. I'm jealous. Should be awesome driving that in the snow.
Old 07-29-2023 | 07:01 PM
Cadaver
Rennlist Member

Who is the contact for the ED? I hear its best to go through this contact rather than the dealer. I have a GT3 touring that is to be completed 9/13 and its listed as Leipzig delivery, but does not show a date available for the Leipzig delivery. Im a bit of a planner and with what Ive read here there are few, if any, spots available. Trying to be a bit pro-active and hoping to pick up an early October delivery. Can someone post up that contact or PM me please?
Old 07-29-2023 | 07:08 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Cadaver
Who is the contact for the ED? I hear its best to go through this contact rather than the dealer. I have a GT3 touring that is to be completed 9/13 and its listed as Leipzig delivery, but does not show a date available for the Leipzig delivery. Im a bit of a planner and with what Ive read here there are few, if any, spots available. Trying to be a bit pro-active and hoping to pick up an early October delivery. Can someone post up that contact or PM me please?
When you go to the bottom of the page here (or click on next steps), there is a 'contact us', which will open up the email address for the PCNA ED contact.
https://www.porsche.com/usa/motorspo...opeandelivery/

Also, the PDF has the direct email to Zuffenhausen and Leipzig.
Old 07-29-2023 | 08:53 PM
Cadaver
Rennlist Member

When you go to the bottom of the page here (or click on next steps), there is a 'contact us', which will open up the email address for the PCNA ED contact.
https://www.porsche.com/usa/motorspo...opeandelivery/

Also, the PDF has the direct email to Zuffenhausen and Leipzig.
thank you! Email sent.
Ikone (07-29-2023)

Quick Reply: Anyone else waiting for a Sept-Oct ED date?