Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Anyone else waiting for a Sept-Oct ED date?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2023, 04:25 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

Been dicked around enough by ED dept.

Be prepared for dates to move after many months having a date, or like my last one it just gets cancelled altogether.

Did 4 last year, first one fine, second one a mess, third one a mess and the fourth was cancelled altogether without me agreeing.

I didn’t complain maybe that’s the problem. But you can have my spot for my next car, it’s coming straight to Florida, not letting my car sit outside 4-6 months just to be cancelled in the end or given a date that’s impossible to accept.

Now boarding in Frankfurt after renting a GT4RS and a few other cars to do track days..

with my GT4RS sitting at home in the garage

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 07-30-2023 at 04:27 AM.
Old 07-31-2023, 11:17 PM
Cadaver
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 47 Posts

Got an email back and looking like earliest date for delivery would be November and in Zuffenhausen. Gave some dates and hoping to get early november and catch the asswhoppin my chiefs are going to deal the dolphins in frankfurt! Driving around in the November through Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Italy should be interesting in a GT3!
Old 07-31-2023, 11:46 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Received 838 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadaver
Got an email back and looking like earliest date for delivery would be November and in Zuffenhausen. Gave some dates and hoping to get early november and catch the asswhoppin my chiefs are going to deal the dolphins in frankfurt! Driving around in the November through Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Italy should be interesting in a GT3!
Nice. Congrats. Is this a 23 or 24MY? I've been looking at weather averages during mid to late October for different areas and it looks like I'm on the border for the lower lying areas for winter tires and definitely would need them in the higher (alps) areas. So, I would think you'd be winter tires for November no matter where you go.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:18 AM
Cadaver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ikone
Nice. Congrats. Is this a 23 or 24MY? I've been looking at weather averages during mid to late October for different areas and it looks like I'm on the border for the lower lying areas for winter tires and definitely would need them in the higher (alps) areas. So, I would think you'd be winter tires for November no matter where you go.
It'll definitely be winter tires for me. The stipulation with the winter tires is they are Eu500 and have to be returned to Zuffenhausen.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:34 AM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Received 838 Likes on 416 Posts

It'll definitely be winter tires for me. The stipulation with the winter tires is they are Eu500 and have to be returned to Zuffenhausen.
Yeah. I'll have to just eat that cost. Hoping I'll also get different rims and they don't mess up or scratch up the center locks. I don't mind returning to Zuffenhausen sicne I was going to return to Sindelfingen anyway.
Old 08-09-2023, 01:25 AM
Cadaver
Rennlist Member

I got a confirmation for a 11/8 date at Leipzig for my 2023 GT3T. Excited to say the least. A bit nervous about driving around in snow tires, but hey, Im not going to turn down the opportunity. Plus, I can watch my KC Chiefs lay the smacketh down on the dolphins in Frankfurt the Sunday prior.
The following users liked this post:
Ikone (08-09-2023)
Old 08-09-2023, 09:39 PM
mixolydian23
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 20 Posts

I got a confirmation for a 11/8 date at Leipzig for my 2023 GT3T. Excited to say the least. A bit nervous about driving around in snow tires, but hey, Im not going to turn down the opportunity. Plus, I can watch my KC Chiefs lay the smacketh down on the dolphins in Frankfurt the Sunday prior.
That’s awesome. Did you just reach out to Joey and he had new Leipzig dates?
Old 08-09-2023, 11:24 PM
HerrDr
Pro

Received 1,075 Likes on 448 Posts

That's awesome! I'll be there mid-to-late October and was trying to decide on tires. I put winter tires on all my cars in the winter (including a 911, Cayman, Macan) and they are just fine. Don't expect super high top speed and things are a little bit squishier, but they are fine and may help you adhere better to suggested break-in procedures :-) I decided on keeping the summers since I don't think snow is likely. If it snows or is forecasted to? I'll just park it and explore by train.

Check the speed rating of the tire. V rating for example should be good to 149 mph which allows a decent stretch of the legs on the Autobahn. This would be like Pirelli winters. Sometimes they'll put on an all-weather tire which is a bit better when it isn't snowy. Curious what you'll get!

All in all, enjoy the time! It'll be awesome either way.
Old 08-09-2023, 11:45 PM
Cadaver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mixolydian23
That’s awesome. Did you just reach out to Joey and he had new Leipzig dates?
Initially all that was available was Zuffenhausen in December. I gave him a couple options from that list. A few days later he said there was an opening 11/8 in Leipzig, so I took it.
Old 08-09-2023, 11:59 PM
Cadaver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HerrDr
That's awesome! I'll be there mid-to-late October and was trying to decide on tires. I put winter tires on all my cars in the winter (including a 911, Cayman, Macan) and they are just fine. Don't expect super high top speed and things are a little bit squishier, but they are fine and may help you adhere better to suggested break-in procedures :-) I decided on keeping the summers since I don't think snow is likely. If it snows or is forecasted to? I'll just park it and explore by train.

Check the speed rating of the tire. V rating for example should be good to 149 mph which allows a decent stretch of the legs on the Autobahn. This would be like Pirelli winters. Sometimes they'll put on an all-weather tire which is a bit better when it isn't snowy. Curious what you'll get!

All in all, enjoy the time! It'll be awesome either way.
Im excited to say the least. Ive owned several rear wheel drive cars and drove them year round here in KC. Drove a RWD BMW 335i through one of the worst winters in Boston and never had a single issue. My main concern is the route I want to take is through the alps to northern Italy and the southern base of the Dolomites.
The following users liked this post:
HerrDr (08-10-2023)

Quick Reply: Anyone else waiting for a Sept-Oct ED date?