Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

European Delivery + PPF

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2023, 10:14 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 758 Likes on 348 Posts

Regardless of PPF, what was the paint condition when taking delivery? Any swirls? I want to spray some Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Pro Flex before I start driving the car to keep the car looks pristine and make sure bugs don't stick as hard to the bumper
Old 07-02-2023, 03:50 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,564 Likes on 869 Posts

I can confirm that my car sat at Leipzig for 6 weeks between when it finished production and when I showed up for Euro Delivery. Even though it was likely stored outside, the paint condition was perfect. Zero swirls or imperfections. I think often times when cars are delivered brand new to dealer, those swirl makes happen in transport and more often then not, they happen when your dealer goes to "prep" the car for delivery... they do not detail properly and often swirl the paint during its first wash.
The following users liked this post:
Fractal-Spyder (01-12-2024)
Old 07-02-2023, 06:17 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 758 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
I can confirm that my car sat at Leipzig for 6 weeks between when it finished production and when I showed up for Euro Delivery. Even though it was likely stored outside, the paint condition was perfect. Zero swirls or imperfections. I think often times when cars are delivered brand new to dealer, those swirl makes happen in transport and more often then not, they happen when your dealer goes to "prep" the car for delivery... they do not detail properly and often swirl the paint during its first wash.
Appreciate it! Yeah, swirls don't appear from just sitting outside, they will require some unhealthy washes"prep"
toph4242 (07-02-2023)
Old 01-12-2024, 02:43 AM
Fractal-Spyder
Racer

Received 113 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by elvar
I just did my Euro delivery in Leipzig on June 6th and then had my car wrapped by CreaSigns which is nearby the factory. I was extremely pleased with the work they did and I would definitely use them again if I do another European delivery in the future.
Which PPF brand do they use? Do they use the similar stuff we have here in the states? I'd prefer something akin to Expel Ultimate or equivalent grade from Suntek. I'm planning a EU delivery, and looking for options to use the trip to break-in the SRS. I'm assuming you did more than 600 miles. Did you or Porsche change the oil / break-in service prior to shipping it back? Or is this free service only available in the states for the US buyers?
Old 02-13-2024, 03:12 PM
rcfun33
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 65 Posts

I don't suppose any of the PPF can be performed prior to the EU delivery date. Our car is supposed to be complete about 6 weeks prior to our EU delivery date and it would be nice to not lose time there having the PPF applied.
Old 02-13-2024, 03:22 PM
TheDrivenGarage
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by rcfun33
I don't suppose any of the PPF can be performed prior to the EU delivery date. Our car is supposed to be complete about 6 weeks prior to our EU delivery date and it would be nice to not lose time there having the PPF applied.
Its my understanding that they no longer do this. They used to in years back based one what i saw in posts, but Porsche stopped due to the logistics and the fact that they now offer factory PPF.

Apparently, the PPF for ED vehicles is done at the factory by XPEL certified installers who were trained by US personnel. Its a precut kit without fully wrapped edges, but apparently the quality IS good now. $2900 is about $1000-1400 more than you can get it done locally, but I think the convenience may be worth it. Creasigns near Leipzig is a recommended installer, and then there is SchwabenFolia near Zuffenhausen. Both of these firms are highly rate from what I can find, but they add to the 2-3 days ot the process.

I have an upcoming ED in July, and I think I am going to go factory PPF and be done with it. if it sucks, I will deal with it in the US, as its covered under your new car warranty and there are lots of certified XPEL shops who could fix it.

Last edited by TheDrivenGarage; 02-13-2024 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-13-2024, 03:56 PM
snakepilot 69
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Are you getting a 911? I have a 911S starting production in two weeks for a May delivery in Zuffenhousen and I never had the option to select factory PPF.
Old 02-13-2024, 04:14 PM
TheDrivenGarage
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by snakepilot 69
Are you getting a 911? I have a 911S starting production in two weeks for a May delivery in Zuffenhousen and I never had the option to select factory PPF.
I am getitng a 911 C4 GTS and its an option for me? But my build isnt until April (completes in early May) for a July pick-up.
snakepilot 69 (02-14-2024)
Old 02-13-2024, 04:20 PM
rcfun33
Rennlist Member

I'm getting the 718 Spyder RS and I don't believe factory PPF is an option. Maybe I will just get something pretty minimal, so it can be done quickly.
Old 02-14-2024, 12:00 PM
rcfun33
Rennlist Member

I contacted ACTIV WERBETECHNIK and they already responded with quotes for just a front covering and a full covering. Their prices seem quite reasonable, but they stated 2-3 days for a frontal cover and 5 days for a full cover. I don't want to lose that kind of time, so I think I will just take some track film and do a quick cover of the critical areas.
The following 2 users liked this post by rcfun33:
n4v4nod (02-16-2024), Nine_thousand (02-14-2024)
Old 02-16-2024, 04:11 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,684 Likes on 924 Posts

Originally Posted by rcfun33
I contacted ACTIV WERBETECHNIK and they already responded with quotes for just a front covering and a full covering. Their prices seem quite reasonable, but they stated 2-3 days for a frontal cover and 5 days for a full cover. I don't want to lose that kind of time, so I think I will just take some track film and do a quick cover of the critical areas.
I'm doing Tracwrap as well.
Old 02-16-2024, 05:44 PM
Jay Cordeiro
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
I'm doing Tracwrap as well.
It maybe only option because of scheduling also. Please post pictures of what it looks like when you're done.
n4v4nod (02-19-2024)
Old 02-17-2024, 12:06 PM
Nine_thousand
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 75 Posts

Here is an option instead of Tracwrap to consider.

I did ED in November, 2021 for a GT3 and I asked my local PPF guy (who eventually wrapped the car when it got home) for some PPF pieces I could take with me on my trip.

The potential benefits are:

- it’s free (I just used PPF from the scrap bin)

- I _think_ PPF is thinner and easier to work with than Tracwrap, but not 100% sure

- if you’re going to take pictures of the car on your trip, I think amateur PPF looks better than Tracwrap

If someone has experience with Tracwrap and disagrees, please share! My comments are based on observing cars with Tracwrap, and there are some pretty rough looking installs!

My amateur PPF was far from perfect. Up close it looked… amateur, but in pictures you can’t see the many imperfections.

First two pictures below are from my trip.

This is just an example of how Tracwrap looks (thanks Google). I’m sure a more talented/patient person could avoid the worst of the wrinkles and overlap…
Mike981S (02-17-2024)
Old 02-17-2024, 12:33 PM
Jay Cordeiro
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 83 Posts

Yeah, I have been browsing the internet for tracwrap installed photos and the results are disappointing. That's not really how I want to remember my trip. At the same time I don't want to lose those days waiting for it to get done.
Old 02-17-2024, 12:52 PM
Nine_thousand
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 75 Posts

The PPF isn’t too hard to install. Buy some windex to spray on the car before you apply the PPF, and then use a credit card to squeegee the windex out once you apply the PPF.

I bought a pair of scissors, and with those simple tools I did my best… It worked pretty well.

Last edited by Nine_thousand; 02-17-2024 at 12:55 PM.
Mike981S (02-17-2024)

Quick Reply: European Delivery + PPF