Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

European Delivery + PPF

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2024, 01:30 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,684 Likes on 924 Posts

My understanding is Tracwrap and Xpel PPF is the exact same film... only difference is that Tracwrap has air channels to make removal easier.
Old 02-19-2024, 07:26 AM
TheDrivenGarage
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

Another option is to just bring a precut ppf kit with you. I know pro PPF installers are amazing and I love mine that does all of my cars. But you CAN do this yourself. I think Trakwrap looks like crap and it would bother me. Also losing 2 days (min $700 of costs + lost opportunity), isn't a great solution.

Why not buy a kit from a place like https://carprotectionpros.com/ and install it yourself there? It's not too expensive (<$800) and it will look a ton better. The front end of the 911 isn't too tricky. And remember if it's less than perfect, just have your local shop redo when you get back, and you may find that your diy work is good enough. They have tutorials on the website to show you how to apply and the small tools for install. You could do the install there before driving off if you take delivery in the first half of the day. Let it sit in the lot a couple hours in the sun and drive back to the hotel and let sit overnight. It will be fine to drive in the AM.

Just another option.

Last edited by TheDrivenGarage; 02-19-2024 at 07:28 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Nine_thousand (02-19-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 08:43 PM
RoadKing368
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have worked with automotive protective products for nearly 10 years. This is my honest, unpaid opinion of PPF
PPF is the BEST option for protecting your car from physical damage like rock chips. Keep in mind there are many many brands offering PPF of varying quality, you really get what you pay for. Porsche stock PPF is thinner than most brands, but some protection is ALWAYS better than no protection.

As far as quality in this order Xpel, Lumar, 3m, Kavaca. Xpel has the longest track record and the best performance for longevity, self-healing, and clarity. You will see it come up often in forums for good reason.
In the Southern California Area you can expect these prices: PPF Bumper Package: $500-$900. Partial Front $1200-$2200. Full Front $2400-$3200 Full Car $6000-$9000

When looking for a PPF shop I always advise: 1) Decide your budget 2) Write down your questions 3) Find the highest rated installer in your area (check their social media, yelp, and website) 4) Visit the installer. Take your car to them so they can see it (Don't do it over the phone!) This will give you a chance to speak with the installer, see their shop and work quality. Tell the installer what your concerns are, why you want to protect your car, and ask their opinion 5) Select the options that best fit your need and your budget.
The following users liked this post:
NA4.0 (07-06-2024)

Quick Reply: European Delivery + PPF